Status
Not open for further replies.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
This photo probably captures the Supra FT-1 essence the best.

CALTY_40_1978_Celica_Team.jpg
Take a close look at this pic....especially the bottom one of the FT-1. It is the same FT-1 pictured in the background with Alex Shen. Notice how much "smaller" the FT-1 looks in this pic as compared to the FT-1 in the video with Alex Shen? Same car...in two different environments. Now, the "less than average quality" video leak of the MKV Supra makes the car look "small", but I have this "gut feeling" the real deal car will be a good sized car....not much smaller than the FT-1 concept.

All this camo stuff and CGI video leaks, and artist rendering leaks, etc... is nonsense to me. Until the car is finally revealed with Akio Toyota next to it at Detroit, then I think the internet needs to relax a bit. Also, how many of us really care for this "plain-jane" car in the video anyhow? What we all care about is "the one." - Alex Shen

Btw, almost every manufacturer shows the base car first....before anything special. Jeep introduced an entry level Wrangler to everyone first before the Rubicon, F150 before the Raptor, Mustang 5.0 before the Shelby's, etc... Patience people, patience.
Sponsored

NOx31

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Toyota Supra twin turbo auto, 2013 Toyota GT86 manual
I'm throwing a party if the unveiled car will be different from this "leaked" video. Would be an epic move if they'd do that .
On topic: I have a love/hate feeling with these pictures/this video. Depending on my mood, I hate it or absolutely love it . Really hope to see the car in person before we have to make a decision regarding the purchase...

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
What are people disappointed about? That it doesn't look all that great in a low quality 30 second teaser video. Everyone is just hyperventilating over crappy teasers and rumors specs. I just think the internet needs to chill until we have offical info/pics and more importantly the chance to see and drive it first hand.
You don't think that this leak is 99.984761% of what the MKV production will be? I can't speak for them but I'm disappointed and far from a hater as grew up in a Toyota owned family. My jaw doesn't drop like it did when the FT-1 was unveiled and I've seen both of them in person (Irvine Cars and Coffee and Pebble Beach's concept lawn in 2014).

I remember people CHASING after it as it was unloaded and creating walls to see it up close in person.

Everyone... I mean everyone that was there was completely wow'd by it. This was one of the greatest Cars and Coffee and there is my Supra in the background, sitting there quiet among God's other chariots.

Now, if you're still wondering why people are disappointed, the bigger question is why are you still wondering. This car is meh to me. It doesn't get me excited. I don't hate it.

Cars-And-Coffee-2014-36-copy-1200x800.jpg

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/06/the-best-cars-and-coffee-ever/

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
"What an extreme bummer.

Why does that MKV site appear to have so many fanbois for this thing? Are they seeing the same pictures we are?"
:lol:
I saw that :rofl: .

Ironically they were giving praise to the LC convertible coup that Supra93 posted there.

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
"What an extreme bummer.

Why does that MKV site appear to have so many fanbois for this thing? Are they seeing the same pictures we are?"
:lol:
I saw that too. It's like "Har har! Everybody hates their car because it's made out of too much of our car! Ha ha- Hey! Hold up a sec..."

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
The badge whores are just mad that the Z4 coupe is finally returning, but with a TOYota logo on it. :p
QTF, I recall when this project was first announced so many of them were up in arms. Saying they were disgusted with the fact that Z would be sharing the same bones with a Toyota. I wounder if there would have been this much push back if BMW had teamed up with Mercedes or Audi instead to build a new SLC or TT.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
Take a close look at this pic....especially the bottom one of the FT-1. It is the same FT-1 pictured in the background with Alex Shen. Notice how much "smaller" the FT-1 looks in this pic as compared to the FT-1 in the video with Alex Shen? Same car...in two different environments. Now, the "less than average quality" video leak of the MKV Supra makes the car look "small", but I have this "gut feeling" the real deal car will be a good sized car....not much smaller than the FT-1 concept.
Uhm they published the actual length of the car eons ago... it is shorter then the GT86. Every single reviewer that's driven it has commented about how small the car is in person. They didn't know they were going to share a platform with the z4 when they made the FT1 as far as I know.

Last edited:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Uhm they published the actual length of the car eons ago... it is shorter then the GT86. Every single reviewer that's driven it has commented about small the car is in person. They didn't know they were going to share a platform with the z4 when they made the FT1 as far as I know.
I understand that....however, non of us on this forum have seen the car in person. All I’m saying is, let’s just wait another 2 days or so and see what Toyota has to offer before we criticize. The car may be lacking in one area but be amazing in another. Let’s wait, that’s all...:D

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
You don't think that this leak is 99.984761% of what the MKV production will be? I can't speak for them but I'm disappointed and far from a hater as grew up in a Toyota owned family. My jaw doesn't drop like it did when the FT-1 was unveiled and I've seen both of them in person (Irvine Cars and Coffee and Pebble Beach's concept lawn in 2014).

I remember people CHASING after it as it was unloaded and creating walls to see it up close in person.

Everyone... I mean everyone that was there was completely wow'd by it. This was one of the greatest Cars and Coffee and there is my Supra in the background, sitting there quiet among God's other chariots.

Now, if you're still wondering why people are disappointed, the bigger question is why are you still wondering. This car is meh to me. It doesn't get me excited. I don't hate it.
I think you missed what I was saying. The leak photos are 100% the production car. My point is that the leaks are low quality and do not show every detail. This happens with almost every leak with any car.

Leak pics: Looks like sh*t
Official pics: notbadobama.jpg

There is no argument from me about how gorgeous the FT1 is. But from day one they have said if approved for proudction it will be 10% smaller. Kevin Hunter also stated that the dimensions were exaggerated for stage presence. Those that were hoping for a new Supra to look just like the FT1 were living in La La Land. With that said, I am disappointed that some elements like the active wing, see through hood, and mirrors from the FT1 did not carry over, but those are fairly easy fixes.

I'm not wondering anything. I'm just not making assumptions and passing judgement before I know the facts and before seeing it in full detail. Again, what I am saying is to all those saying its going to suck and blah blah, have they driven it? Do they know the final specs?

Just my 2 cent. :nixon:

Last edited:

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
Status
Not open for further replies.