Technic PNP harness

Bigherb77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
Anyone installed the T harness from Technic and have any pics or pointers to share?? Mine just arrived and plan on installing to add the amp and sub this weekend!
Sponsored

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
Hopefully you bought it with the Wavtech LOC (or at least have a powered LOC that accepts up to 40v).

The factory JBL amp pushes out over 20v of power to the factory speakers, which almost all aftermarket sub amp cannot accept. Most aftermarket amps can only accept up to 10v (check owners manual to double check), anything more and you risk is damaging the aftermarket market sub amp.

That said, you'll only use the four speaker wire harness (usually two greens and two white or grey wires) from the Tecnhnic PNP harness to grab the signal from the factory woofer into the LOC. Then from the LOC to the aftermarket a.p using RCA.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
C2FD0124-91FD-4249-B48C-AB52CD77B684.jpeg

I donā€™t have any useful tips, but I did use their harness in my Supra to put 2 12s in. Worked perfectly, but had a friend I trust from Best Buy do the install.

itā€™s a rather noticeable change in the frequency distribution especially when listening to contemporary urban selections.

OP
OP

Bigherb77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
Hopefully you bought it with the Wavtech LOC (or at least have a powered LOC that accepts up to 40v).

The factory JBL amp pushes out over 20v of power to the factory speakers, which almost all aftermarket sub amp cannot accept. Most aftermarket amps can only accept up to 10v (check owners manual to double check), anything more and you risk is damaging the aftermarket market sub amp.

That said, you'll only use the four speaker wire harness (usually two greens and two white or grey wires) from the Tecnhnic PNP harness to grab the signal from the factory woofer into the LOC. Then from the LOC to the aftermarket a.p using RCA.
I got an LC2i LOC that Iā€™m going to use, and will be using an 800.4Soundigital amp with a Punch 10ā€. Dont think thereā€™s any reason to use the DSP I have when just adding a sub if Iā€™m correct in research and advice Iā€™ve gotten this far

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
I got an LC2i LOC that Iā€™m going to use, and will be using an 800.4Soundigital amp with a Punch 10ā€. Dont think thereā€™s any reason to use the DSP I have when just adding a sub if Iā€™m correct in research and advice Iā€™ve gotten this far
Perfect, then yes, just use the 4 wire harness from TechnicPnP to wire it up and you're good to go.

Also, since you're using LC2i, be sure to disable AccuBASS as our cars don't require it. Enabling it could actually cause inconsistent bass levels.
Sponsored