Android auto retrofit with just PnP device?

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
Well it was worth a try thanks for trying it out, I was just about to purchase one to test
Sponsored

Howzer73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X3 M40d, BMW 420d
Update: doesn't seem to work :( According to manual it should connect after plugging it into the USB and connecting your phone to the carplay box's bluetooth, but that didn't work.
Thanks for letting us all know. I have the unit so will try anyway nothing to lose. I also have Bimmercode so going to play about with the media file and input and video play settings just to see if there is any hack to make it work. Likely not based on your post but good to cover all angles before I send it back.

Howzer73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X3 M40d, BMW 420d
Thanks for letting us all know. I have the unit so will try anyway nothing to lose. I also have Bimmercode so going to play about with the media file and input and video play settings just to see if there is any hack to make it work. Likely not based on your post but good to cover all angles before I send it back.
Definitely does not work with the Supra - just states USB device not found and I have messed with all the expert settings around inputs for the head unit module. So will be sending mine back.
Sponsored