The 2021 News Really Bums Me Out / Buyer's Remorse

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
No, the Z4 dynos at ~380whp and the Supras do ~335whp. I think the confusion about this goes back to thinking the Supra was the only car that is underrated, but that's not true. It's a BMW thing in general afaik.
Sponsored

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
No, the Z4 dynos at ~380whp and the Supras do ~335whp. I think the confusion about this goes back to thinking the Supra was the only car that is underrated, but that's not true. It's a BMW thing in general afaik.
Interesting. Thanks for the clarification.

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
The problem with that scenario is the $6,000 I have thrown at the car for PPF, ceramic coating, tinted windows, etc. Never going to recoup that. Then to do it all over again for just 1 model year newer car? Oh hell no. The more I think about this the more pissed I am.
You will never recoup the price of PPF/Ceramic/Tint ever on any car that you resell. Remember you as a consumer made the decision to buy and then add PPF, Ceramic and Tint. You should also know that those things are a consumable and aren't really meant to be of actually added value to the car. Just like a house, the difference between having a pool or not won't raise the value of your home dramatically. You get it because that's what you wanted at the time and you felt you would make the most out of it.

Nc1dent

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Kaizen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I donā€™t want to come off as a dick in saying this, but it seems like it needs to be heard. If you constantly measure your happiness and worth by what you have vs what others have, your never going to be happy. So much of what is wrong now is everybody feels they have to have the best and everything else is complete shit. That isnā€™t true...
This right here, this is winning. :bow:

whostorm05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 1991 Pontiac TransAm
You will never recoup the price of PPF/Ceramic/Tint ever on any car that you resell. Remember you as a consumer made the decision to buy and then add PPF, Ceramic and Tint. You should also know that those things are a consumable and aren't really meant to be of actually added value to the car. Just like a house, the difference between having a pool or not won't raise the value of your home dramatically. You get it because that's what you wanted at the time and you felt you would make the most out of it.
You must have missed where I said "Never going to recoup that.". I was fully aware of that. HOWEVER, I did not expect nor should I have expected such radical, substantial changes in the car after only one model year. This is a complete dick slap move by Toyota simply "because they can". Name another model car and the consecutive years in production where a car went through such changes and there wasn't a major redesign in the car such as a new generation of the same vehicle. Bonus points if the first model year was a brand new generation of the model.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
What about tuned?

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Thought this might be of interest...Here's a baseline comparison of the new Z4 vs A90 Supra. All runs are on CA 91 octane, measured at the wheels on a dynojet. This was posted on Z4forum...

If you primarily use your 2020 Supra as a daily driver your really not going to be missing out on much and also appears as if the 2020 will be a bit more responsive...

z4 vs 2020.jpg

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
The only thing i could see being bittersweet is the smaller 6.5ā€ screen being discontinued, as all new Supras will have the larger screen. So if you own a 2020 base thatā€™s a bummer

Nc1dent

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I donā€™t want to come off as a dick in saying this, but it seems like it needs to be heard. If you constantly measure your happiness and worth by what you have vs what others have, your never going to be happy. So much of what is wrong now is everybody feels they have to have the best and everything else is complete shit. That isnā€™t true.
While I appreciate the idea, it has nothing to do with my post. My position isn't that I'm mad because I don't have the best car, or the best Supra. Of course better versions are coming. It has nothing at ALL to do with what other's have or any sense of jealousy.

The core of my point is the FEELING of a bad deal and the REALITY of a bad deal.

The feeling comes from knowing that if I'd waited 7 months, my car would be objectively better for the same cost. Early adopters now have the least powerful 3.0 Supra for the same price that others will get the better one for.

The reality comes from the inevitable accelerated depreciation.

None of my feelings involve jealousy or a desire of the best. Those ideas aren't relevant to my post. The feeling is as if I got shafted in a transaction. Nothing more, nothing less.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
While I appreciate the idea, it has nothing to do with my post. My position isn't that I'm mad because I don't have the best car, or the best Supra. Of course better versions are coming. It has nothing at ALL to do with what other's have or any sense of jealousy.

The core of my point is the FEELING of a bad deal and the REALITY of a bad deal.

The feeling comes from knowing that if I'd waited 7 months, my car would be objectively better for the same cost. Early adopters now have the least powerful 3.0 Supra for the same price that others will get the better one for.

The reality comes from the inevitable accelerated depreciation.

None of my feelings involve jealousy or a desire of the best. Those ideas aren't relevant to my post. The feeling is as if I got shafted in a transaction. Nothing more, nothing less.

Do we know for sure that the 2021 3.0 will be the same price? It might help reduce the sting if the new one is more expensive.

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
That feeling is unwarranted though as no one knows the price. Most (including myself) expect a significant increase. You seem to be one of few who expects the price to remain the same.

Supra Guy

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Do we know for sure that the 2021 3.0 will be the same price? It might help reduce the sting if the new one is more expensive.
Thatā€™s the way I look at it. More power and upgrades should cost more. If it doesnā€™t then I can see why those that paid sticker or over on a MY20 are pissed.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Thatā€™s the way I look at it. More power and upgrades should cost more. If it doesnā€™t then I can see why those that paid sticker or over on a MY20 are pissed.
Yeah, and I suppose regardless of the price of the 2021 yesterday's news will equate to price drops for the 2020's. So I'd be a bit upset if I paid MSRP or over.
Sponsored