The 2021 News Really Bums Me Out / Buyer's Remorse

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Y’all need to be happy your not a computer geek. Every year something is 25% faster or more for the same cost. If you bought this car with a normal ownership cycle, the end cost difference on selling will be minimal. All the reasons you bought this car still exist. It isn’t like downpipes, tunes, and meth went away. They are still available for purchase. If you buy the 2021, in another year, there will be something that you like that is “better.”

I don’t want to come off as a dick in saying this, but it seems like it needs to be heard. If you constantly measure your happiness and worth by what you have vs what others have, your never going to be happy. So much of what is wrong now is everybody feels they have to have the best and everything else is complete shit. That isn’t true.

One day life may change dramatically for the worse and you’ll get a harsh wake up call that none of this shit matters. I’ve been there. Be happy with what you have, pet your dog, play with your kids, take the wife on a date.

It isn’t the best news, but it is far from terrible. If you always focus on the negative, you will be negative. Hell, be happy Toyota listened for a change. When is the last time you can say Toyota has done that?
Well said, mate.
Sponsored

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Your car is still plenty awesome and can easily be made to match or exceed the newer cars specs, likely for less money.

And you were driving it way before anyone else and will continue to do so until those cars come out in June. There is no reason to be super depressed over this at all.

Be happy with that incredible vehicle and just enjoy it and the smile it puts on your face and dont worry about the other stuff.

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just going to throw this out there but if you are truly unhappy with the car, then sell it back to the dealer/carmax/ or some other place. Sure you will take a loss but it shouldn't be too significant. Then when the 2021 comes out you can go buy that and hope that MSRP on the car hasn't gone up. If it stays the same you might come out ahead and have a the next best thing.

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
The only thing about the MY21 Supra that would have bummed me out is if they replaced all the fake vents with functional ones. That would have pissed me off.

Better cooling? BFD, cooling is no issue now.

More horses? So what? With my JB4, I smoked a 2020 Z4 two days ago. I’m not tracking it, so the other upgrades don’t mean a whole lot to me personally. I get it why a minority of drivers are pissed tho.

Caliper decals? Seriously?

I’m having fun with 2020, and in the end that’s all that matters. Life be too short.

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan GT-R R33 ; Toyota Supra MKV
As I posted as well in the announcement thread:

pistonheads.com said:
Toyota has confirmed to PH that it won’t be uprating European versions of its GR Supra to 387hp thanks to the ever-tightening limits of Euro6 legislation. While the US Supra’s output has received a 37hp boost for 2020 with the addition of a new twin scroll turbocharger and different pistons, the inline-six cars in Europe are to be pegged at 340hp with an unchanged technical specification. BMW is held back by the same rules, with its identically-engined Z4 M40i capped at 340hp in Europe, emphasising just how stringent European limits have become on the global stage.

It would be hard to describe the Supra as lacking punch in European trim, with the Gazoo Racing model capable of hitting 62mph in 4.3 seconds and a 155mph limited top speed. But in the US the car faces much larger-engined rivals such as the Dodge Charger, so it’s likely the region’s execs have been pushing for the boost in order to up the model’s competitiveness. In Europe, rivals are also limited by Euro6 restrictions, with the equivalent 718 Cayman, for example, using that ever controversial turbocharged four-pot.

It could very well be pressure from American rivals that has also encouraged Toyota’s decision to launch a new variant over there, the A91 Edition. With just 1,000 to be made, each gets red brake calipers, carbon exterior trim and matte black wheels, as well as an Alcantara-trimmed steering wheel and 8.8-inch touchscreen. The UK line-up remains the same, although there’s still hope for uprated versions later on – as first mooted/requested by Dan in his original review. Indeed, tuner Litchfield has already proven that the 3.0-litre engine is more than capable of extra power; its version has a healthy 450hp.
So seems not to worry about aftermarket support... Europe will save the day ;):)

And if emission regulations tighten in US... 2020 model owners will have an advantage :p

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
More horses? So what? With my JB4, I smoked a 2020 Z4 two days ago. I’m not tracking it, so the other upgrades don’t mean a whole lot to me personally.
To be fair, MY20 always beat Z4's ass without any additional tune. Proven by many magazine reviews out there.
However, for sure Toyota will tune the B58M30O1..

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
To be fair, MY20 always beat Z4's ass without any additional tune. Proven by many magazine reviews out there.
i wouldn't be surprised if they dont even change the tune because the WHP these were putting down stock are on par with the new BHP numbers of the A91

zamiel

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 MR2 Turbo, 2018 Honda Civic Sport, 2020 Supra
no_ragrets.png

Not even a single letter. :)

I got exactly the car I wanted, in the color I wanted it in, and at a price I was willing to live with. It's been a mild winter in MA, so I've been driving it every chance I get and it puts a smile on my face every time. I primarily daily drive it, so the power it has is more than enough. If and when that changes, I'll add an aftermarket tune, etc. and still be more than happy with what I've got.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
MY2020 or 2021, we all still gotta buy new wheels ;)

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
:thumbsup:
Yes, you’re right. I should have added that the Z4 guy was bragging about how his B58 has twin-turbo, 382 hp—that is, before he got embarrassed.:thumbsup:

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
I think Toyota should give vouchers or reimbursement for MY20 owners for DP and tune of their choice ;)

lol why?

:thumbsup:

Yes, you’re right. I should have added that the Z4 guy was bragging about how his B58 has twin-turbo, 382 hp—that is, before he got embarrassed.:thumbsup:

lol, who said its twin turbo? haha

ynguldyn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A better one
2001 Z3M: 240hp. 2002 Z3M: 315hp.
2017 M2: 365hp. 2018 M2: 405hp.
2010 135i: N54. 2011 135i: N55 (no power difference but 10% fuel economy savings).

Didn't I tell you the Supra was a BMW product through and through? Welcome to the world of German engineering where on any given day you get the product they're ready to give you on that day.