Banned
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk5
Unreal.. :crazy:

I sincerely hope this is a troll account. This air of ignorant entitlement is completely absurd. Next you'll be starting a GoFundMe for your legals fees.... :rofl:
Unreal.. :crazy:

I sincerely hope this is a troll account. This air of ignorant entitlement is completely absurd. Next you'll be starting a GoFundMe for your legals fees.... :rofl:

There is no reason for being so hostile, we are simply practicing our rights, we may or may not get compensated, but least we are trying.
Sponsored

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
We knew in early-mid 2019 that the 382HP engine and other upgrades were coming. We also knew about the new special edition model (even the blue color was known). In fact it was all known and open here on the forum and elsewhere on the internet before the 2020 Supra even went on sale.

So if this sort of thing bothers you, take it as a lesson to do more research and learn about the product you're buying before dropping over $50K and setting yourself up for ignorant buyer's remorse. I feel like it's highly inappropriate to act hurt and complain about it when we knew about this 7+ months ago.

Cornholio

First Name
Beavis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Supra Premium
You and I arenā€™t getting any compensation. New stuff comes out all the time. Hell the TV I bought last year is out of date. Such is life

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like the issue isnā€™t really that ā€œa better stuff came outā€ itā€™s rather that ā€œit came out too soonā€ because it shows that Toyota was not putting their best foot forward. The R35 always has a power bump from every so years, not a few months.

ayau

First Name
ayau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F1 fitty
For buying a Supra and taking huge depreciation due to the announcement made today. We deserve free upgrades, tunes, or lifetime warranty.
You bought a BMW. That's the normal depreciation curve lol.

Kidding, good luck.

Nc1dent

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I don't know whether to try and sell now and go a different way or just accept the fact that I own the worst version of the MK5.

I think it's especially bad to do this to a brand new car after the first year. It isn't as if we can reap the benefits of the 21's with a tune. A downpipe and tune is going to take them a lot further. It is also going to steer the aftermarket away from us, 5-6 years on B58D's vs 1 on the B58C.

It's just by far the most severe buyer's remorse I've ever had. And for it to be over a car I loved as a car guy is even more brutal.

Are there any positives for current owners here that I'm missing?

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Everyone is making a big deal out of nothing. A downpipe and a tune is going to make the same power as the current used B58 in the supra. they are basically reverting to the same setup as prior B58s. its not a new engine. Its a different head and lower compression pistons.

Neither is better or worse than the other. The power increase is a tune change, and just more boost up top than the current stock tune. Torque is virtually the same. And to my knowledge, they are only making 1000 of them. there arent any benefits to reap from the "A91". Same ECU, same turbo, same bottom end. Just a head change with the 6 port manifold thats on the rest of the B58s.

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious as i play devil's advocate with my own thoughts on the news, but at what point is the upgrade of the car enough for you/me and every other first year adopter? Are you going for an all out track/drag car or is this just something you want to enjoy on the weekends. I thought long about this yesterday after the news and to be honest while it does suck it isn't the end of the world. Who's to say that they will not have development still on the b58c and b58d at the same time. I've quite enjoyed my time in the car, my kid absolutely loves going for drives in it and while it may not be the fastest in the world, it always puts a smile on my face when someone gives me the thumbs up or wants to check out the car. I guess i have been lucky and not come across anyone bashing it. But even if they do that's their opinion and it shouldn't affect my life or make me feel any less unhappy with my own decision.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The positives are your currently enjoying and driving a GR Supra now...If your constantly looking for the next best thing to be released then your not enjoying the present...be in the present and enjoy what you already have...I've went through this on many new cars I've owned and never regretted purchasing any of them...

Also, your probably going to pay at least $5K more for the 2021 (3.0)...Prices go up every year on new cars, but with this significant increase in hp and the offering of a 2.0 Supra I can easily see the new 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium listing in the low to mid $60K price range...

Bruins71

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Highlander,Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Just curious as i play devil's advocate with my own thoughts on the news, but at what point is the upgrade of the car enough for you/me and every other first year adopter? Are you going for an all out track/drag car or is this just something you want to enjoy on the weekends. I thought long about this yesterday after the news and to be honest while it does suck it isn't the end of the world. Who's to say that they will not have development still on the b58c and b58d at the same time. I've quite enjoyed my time in the car, my kid absolutely loves going for drives in it and while it may not be the fastest in the world, it always puts a smile on my face when someone gives me the thumbs up or wants to check out the car. I guess i have been lucky and not come across anyone bashing it. But even if they do that's their opinion and it shouldn't affect my life or make me feel any less unhappy with my own decision.
Yup !

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
And to my knowledge, they are only making 1000 of them. there arent any benefits to reap from the "A91". Same ECU, same turbo, same bottom end. Just a head change with the 6 port manifold thats on the rest of the B58s.
I think 1000 is only limited to the the blue color and black.. Rest of model change will live on as MY21 model refresh..

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
The positives are your currently enjoying and driving a GR Supra now...If your constantly looking for the next best thing to be released then your not enjoying the present...be in the present and enjoy what you already have...I've went through this on many new cars I've owned and never regretted purchasing any of them...

Also, your probably going to pay at least $5K more for the 2021 (3.0)...Prices go up every year on new cars, but with this significant increase in hp and the offering of a 2.0 Supra I can easily see the new 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium listing in the low to mid $60K price range...
agreed. Toyota did this with the 2020 4 runner and spit in the people that bought the 2019. Added all the safety features and Apple car play and bigger Navi screen. Price went up and there was no negotiation room. They keep doing this to us. Lol

Nc1dent

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Everyone is making a big deal out of nothing. A downpipe and a tune is going to make the same power as the current used B58 in the supra. they are basically reverting to the same setup as prior B58s. its not a new engine. Its a different head and lower compression pistons.

Neither is better or worse than the other. The power increase is a tune change, and just more boost up top than the current stock tune. Torque is virtually the same. And to my knowledge, they are only making 1000 of them. there arent any benefits to reap from the "A91". Same ECU, same turbo, same bottom end. Just a head change with the 6 port manifold thats on the rest of the B58s.

All 3.0's from here on are B58D's, not just A91. If what you say about the rest is true, I feel better.

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
Yā€™all need to be happy your not a computer geek. Every year something is 25% faster or more for the same cost. If you bought this car with a normal ownership cycle, the end cost difference on selling will be minimal. All the reasons you bought this car still exist. It isnā€™t like downpipes, tunes, and meth went away. They are still available for purchase. If you buy the 2021, in another year, there will be something that you like that is ā€œbetter.ā€

I donā€™t want to come off as a dick in saying this, but it seems like it needs to be heard. If you constantly measure your happiness and worth by what you have vs what others have, your never going to be happy. So much of what is wrong now is everybody feels they have to have the best and everything else is complete shit. That isnā€™t true.

One day life may change dramatically for the worse and youā€™ll get a harsh wake up call that none of this shit matters. Iā€™ve been there. Be happy with what you have, pet your dog, play with your kids, take the wife on a date.

It isnā€™t the best news, but it is far from terrible. If you always focus on the negative, you will be negative. Hell, be happy Toyota listened for a change. When is the last time you can say Toyota has done that?
Sponsored