The A70TTR Dedication Thread!

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeh! But isn't that on an LFA rather than the A90?!...Hmmmmm, or are you shedding some light on your inside info?!
If what im told is true, what Toyota will initially introduce will be the equivalent of a MKIV NA Auto of today. Their “alpha” cars is what we will all be salivating after :D.
Sponsored

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Yeah, I mean the RC-F Track Edition has a little more power, upgraded brakes, some new wheels, and composite panels to lighten it up a bit and that's good for an approximate $30k increase.

The Supra should be more involved than that apparently. That said, it may end up being more in line with the former pricing wise just to ensure they sell.

I hardly hear anything of substance from that team though, so take that as my own humble musings.

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
If what im told is true, what Toyota will initially introduce will be the equivalent of a MKIV NA Auto of today. Their “alpha” cars is what we will all be salivating after :D.
Hm... Can you elaborate more on this?
2UR?

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
The 2U is being phased out due to emissions laws IIRC

The 'alpha' car will be a GRMN car.... none of this is new information. we always knew the top tier 6 was not going to be the pinnacle

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
My biggest concern is how will that GRMN car translate to TRD for some of us in the States. I have a feeling I may be filling in the gaps through the aftermarket.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hm... Can you elaborate more on this?
2UR?
Well, we need to be realistic here....the whole reason behind BMW's involvement was to get an inline six engine already in production to keep costs down. If a 2UR were to be considered, the Supra would have been built by Toyota to begin with.

With that being said, based on the info that was shared with me the "special" versions of the MKV are not going to be simple aero kits and exhaust tips. They will be dramatic upgrades and enhancements....and not necessarily by BMW or Toyota alone. Again, this information is as good as the people providing it to me ;):).

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
If what im told is true, what Toyota will initially introduce will be the equivalent of a MKIV NA Auto of today.

Well, we need to be realistic here....the whole reason behind BMW's involvement was to get an inline six engine already in production to keep costs down. If a 2UR were to be considered, the Supra would have been built by Toyota to begin with.

With that being said, based on the info that was shared with me the "special" versions of the MKV are not going to be simple aero kits and exhaust tips. They will be dramatic upgrades and enhancements....and not necessarily by BMW or Toyota alone. Again, this information is as good as the people providing it to me ;):).
I reread this again.

Im theorizing either twin turbo set up/s55 like

Ho ho ho. Merry Christmas to me.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Are we talking GT3 RS kinds of dramatic upgrades...?

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Hey everyone! I have been a longtime lurker (since forever) in this forum and I feel like it's best to make an entrance now. I'm going to dive right in to this discussion.

The way that he is conveying everything, I don't think he means GT3 RS... I think it's more along the lines of... GT2 RS.

--------------------

My first edit here: I will be more clear. I don't mean that the MkV will make 700 horsepower out of the gate. I do think the chassis will be able to handle that but I seriously doubt they will do that to the Supra. What I mean by my reference to the GT2 RS is the jump that it makes from the GT3 or the Turbo line. Or even we could be thinking of the jumps that it's making from the normal 911 trim levels, as the latter is the vibe I'm getting from him.

That's not bad. Almost 400 horsepower car to start off, then a mid 400 or even 500 horsepower monster? Sounds good to me. Even as it is, the Supra is an excellent and a compelling package. It can knock cars like the Cayman line and Alpine A110 down and go toe-to-toe with the base 911. Remember, this car is very light.

--------------------

Second edit on this forum: Made things look clearer :)

Last edited by a moderator:

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Clear as mud :confused::D.
Snarky I see... Heh! All right I'm pretty sure you jabbed at my explanation about the development of the alpha Supra but my second edit was for formatting. But anyways, I commend your "interesting" sense of humor. :)

Edit: I might also add, maybe you can clear up where I was wrong? Give us more information. Heh. :flame:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Snarky I see... Heh! All right I'm pretty sure you jabbed at my explanation about the development of the alpha Supra but my second edit was for formatting. But anyways, I commend your "interesting" sense of humor. :)

Edit: I might also add, maybe you can clear up where I was wrong? Give us more information. Heh. :flame:
No no, not trying to be snarly at all.

It’s just that there are so many rumors and things being said that it’s not very clear why Toyota is doing all these projects at once (this includes Lexus). That’s why I said clear as mud....nothing to offend you.

The other thing I’ll say (and I’m sure A70TTR can attest), is that it’s hard to divulge alot of confidential information that one has proof of....so it’s best to just wait til’ Toyota surprises everyone.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
No no, not trying to be snarly at all.

It’s just that there are so many rumors and things being said that it’s not very clear why Toyota is doing all these projects at once (this includes Lexus). That’s why I said clear as mud....nothing to offend you.

The other thing I’ll say (and I’m sure A70TTR can attest), is that it’s hard to divulge alot of confidential information that one has proof of....so it’s best to just wait til’ Toyota surprises everyone.
Great response. And no, I wasn't offended. I don't get offended that easily. But I have an answer to your question (that I've marked up).

To put it kindly, they're always late for the party for any trend, and in this case are ironically one of the first in line to get screwed by the global recession that's creeping along soon. They happen to think oppositely, whenever they think its appropriate to pursue such projects the rest of the world are undergoing through economic woes, and in our case, ARE NOT in the market to buy sports cars, they make them. This is after a lot of debating, answering to bean counters and hierarchy (the kind of crap that happens in Japanese businesses, though its weird about the bean counters, I'll get to that in a bit) and when they finally are convinced it's a good time to do this (ideally for them it would be to release vehicles for sales profits and never build any aspirational cars) it's in fact actually the absolute WORST time to do so. And whenever it's viable, the retarded (sorry but it's true) bean counters (as well as some executives) say that "the market isn't responding well", or "people aren't interested", or "blame the dealers". I say, shut the hell up and get to work building some aspirational vehicles FFS. Start marketing and advertising your cars better and cut the bullshit. During all the "discussing" and "thinking", just go for it and build the damn cars. You're not Mazda, you don't have to worry about spending for R&D, you're literally the biggest company in the world. Even then, Mazda listens to the demand of the people, because they are the ones who will buy your cars. So listen to them?

We need to thank the lord above every day the people at the very top (Akio and essentially the majority of the top executives and engineers who have a brain) are into the idea of having sporting pretensions in their cars and I wish we dispose of the bean counters and some of the stubborn executives who are close minded. Without them, TMC can reach glory and eat up Mercedes-Benz (they're pretty close but if they were to do this they would win the sales race by a landslide).

I have been saying this forever, copy Mercedes-Benz's playbook. How hard is that? That is LITERALLY what TMC should be doing right now and are Mercedes-Benz going through a sales decline? Uh nope. Lexus has such a great opportunity to mop the floor with the Germans but they always have the most stupid excuses. Toyota isn't doing that bad though. I think what they're doing to change themselves is great. Maybe add the SF-R and a MR-2 then we should be set. My problem is with Lexus. You guys may know me if you go to Lexus Enthusiast (shameless plug) but I explain there why they are where they are now. They need to have a different mindset to their lineup. In short, they need to have consistent trim levels throughout their lineup, convert all models to RWD based on their own unique TNGA-L specific platform for Lexus for all SUV's and cars (with UX and CT being the only FWD cars), build an actually active AWD system that actually competes with Quattro and 4Matic(+), add F models to the majority of the lineup. introduce newer TTV8 engines and add the TTV6 to the other cars, revamp that interior and be consistent in their interior/exterior design (spindle is great I don't mean by that), and overall they need to fundamentally fix a lot of things. They have been compromising for far too long and it has been hurting them. In the near future, we need the LC F, the LC Convertible, LSF (we've seen shots of these three cars in development) as well as a new IS, GS, GX and the all new LF-1. Sorry I went on a Lexus tangent on this paragraph. Toyota is doing fine. I think they need to be more consistent with their lineup and introduce more effective updates, but Lexus needs to change itself (as if they were doing bad anyways, but really has a good opportunity to make bank).

--------------------

Edit: I will try to steer us back to the dedication thread.
Sponsored