The Toyota Supra Owner's Club Event featuring Tetsuya Tada & the A90 (photos/videos)

Which Supra do you think looks the best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aeronSUPRAco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra(soon)
Personally, I think Toyota should price the Supra right, which is important, in order to attract buyers. 1st is because they have to convince die-hard enthusiasts of the previous Supras first. If the Mk1-Mk4 Supra enthusiasts will not like the new product, then probably Toyota will have to target new customers, most likely stealing customers from Porsche, Jaguar, BMW, and the likes. The mentioned automakers have already proven themselves to be making solid and fun fastback coupé, where Toyota will have to play catch up since they have been absent for more than 15 years in this category. And now, they’re making a return with a partner; not on their own. For sure German philosophy and engineering, as well as DNA will be part of this car. It will not be as pure as other Japanese cars out there. A lot of convincing on Toyota’s part. But it’s also good for those who can’t afford a BMW, but wanting BMW power in a Japanese car. It’s a hybrid in terms of breed. If Toyota has done their part and make the car feel truly Japanese, even with using a lot of BMW parts won’t matter at all. Besides, it’s not almost exactly a twin just like the 86/BRZ where only badges, bumpers, seat design, and a few interior bits are different. But if you put them side-by-side, they’re twins. The Supra and Z4, they’re more of siblings. It’s something new. Quite interesting for me. It’s like a 2-in-1 sports car, and I’m looking forward to owning one soon....

Last edited:

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
I mean.... to be honest, from one perspective If Toyota wants to be competitive with the Germans and also not get in Lexus's way. They basically need an aggressive lease/incentive deal, package. when I've asked some people about this car(or I also used Lexus as an example) if they would give up the Badge(Porsche, BMW,etc.) For something with a competitive lease deal (I believe more than 30% of Luxury buyers, don't buy they lease every three years) A good package and reliability (it doesn't need to sit in a Dealership for a CEL or something all the time) Most people answered the badge doesn't matter, It's the looks, the feel, and the reliability.

I dunno about you guys, but that sounds like a Toyota to me. Look is subjective, but I believe in Tada San and I'm sure it's going to feel good and be reliable.

SPMS

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rc-F, 350z-TT, G2 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
like I say continually, people love to be negative and bash things, but ultimately there are really cool things happening and folks need to relax a little and enjoy them as they are released.

I get the discussion aspect and excitement that comes with drama, but things are going great and there is so much to look forward to.
Man I feel your pain. I have a lot of friends in the A80 market and its like talking to a brick wall to them. I get tired haha.

Good thing is, I can get the Supra(really wish GRMN was available from release), wait a few years and look at the LCF. We ask Toyota for a new sports car for years and nothing. Now we are getting an overload and I cant make my mind.

Here's to God granting me patience for the things to come.

SPMS

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rc-F, 350z-TT, G2 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Now, I have a feeling Lexus will introduce a different F car with twin turbos and be in the $70-$80k range (not necessarily a LCF). If that happens, I will be interested in that car.
For some reason I still don't believe you haha :stirthepot::stirthepot: Just messn around bud.

SN: Your SN have anything to do with the shop in Bensenville?

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It’s not surprising....who said I was surprised??? Here we go again with people putting words in my mouth. If you read my post carefully and please stop assuming, I said “if we can’t get fast as f**k cars for ~$80k in this day and age, then forget it.” This doesn’t mean the LCF will be a $80k....it also doesn’t necessarily mean it will be $150k. I’m simply saying that today, the domestics are in supercar territory with cars in the $80k range that if (for me) a slower car costing more comes along, I won’t look twice at it regardless of how much luxury it has. Again, that’s just me....someone else may want more luxury and carbon fiber than power. A LCF at $150k would mean I would be looking at new GTR’s because (for me) performance outweighs luxury...and considering the GTR might be cheaper than the LCF in price, it’s a no brainer for me.

Now, I have a feeling Lexus will introduce a different F car with twin turbos and be in the $70-$80k range (not necessarily a LCF). If that happens, I will be interested in that car.
Just a heads up that if this A90 can keep up with a 911 Carrera s, granted, a late 2016 version for a lot less with a modifiable engine...shouldn't that be something to play with? Or are there better cars in mind?

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
For some reason I still don't believe you haha :stirthepot::stirthepot: Just messn around bud.

SN: Your SN have anything to do with the shop in Bensenville?
Only time will tell right? :rolleyes: I may be a bit indecisive, but im not stupid. SP is a great shop, but no I am in no way associated with that performance shop in bensenville. My SN is actually a phrase a shitty salesman told me when he tried describing a sportscar he was trying to sell. His exact words were, “it has a performance sound.” It stuck, and I use it alot as a way of mocking him...lol. Im a programmer, so I use CamelCase alot.

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
Just a heads up that if this A90 can keep up with a 911 Carrera s, granted, a late 2016 version for a lot less with a modifiable engine...shouldn't that be something to play with? Or are there better cars in mind?
The 911 shines because its luxury & performance in a daily driveable setup out the box.

They have 17 different 911 trims for this very reason, something for everyone.

For the Supra Its coming from behind, its coming from left field, its coming from a brand that offers little driving excitement outside from gas savings.

So it needs to pack a PUNCH!!!!!! Especially for anything like 60K ..

As for better cars in mind tons, especially if we are talking buying cheaper and modifying but the point is the Supra should be sweet out the box without relying on mods and such. Those should just be the icing on the cake.

Last edited:

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
I mean.... to be honest, from one perspective If Toyota wants to be competitive with the Germans and also not get in Lexus's way. They basically need an aggressive lease/incentive deal, package. when I've asked some people about this car(or I also used Lexus as an example) if they would give up the Badge(Porsche, BMW,etc.) For something with a competitive lease deal (I believe more than 30% of Luxury buyers, don't buy they lease every three years) A good package and reliability (it doesn't need to sit in a Dealership for a CEL or something all the time) Most people answered the badge doesn't matter, It's the looks, the feel, and the reliability.

I dunno about you guys, but that sounds like a Toyota to me. Look is subjective, but I believe in Tada San and I'm sure it's going to feel good and be reliable.
Why would reliability matter if you are leasing the car?

We purchase (whole or finance) for the reliability in that it will take us from point A to point B reliably. (no hiccups or problems)
I guess I am not you, but in regards to the supra I will purchase and not lease.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
Why would reliability matter if you are leasing the car?

We purchase (whole or finance) for the reliability in that it will take us from point A to point B reliably. (no hiccups or problems)
I guess I am not you, but in regards to the supra I will purchase and not lease.
It's great that you would want to purchase the car,no where in there was there a mention of what I would do, and it shouldn't even matter; because reliability should matter lease or purchase. What's the point if you're leasing or purchasing and it's sitting at a dealer and you're driving a loaner which in Toyota's case is probably a Camry,Rav or Avalon. You lease or purchased to drive a Supra not something else. Lemons and problems do occur even in cars we think is reliable. A good example is there are many BRZ and 86 that get effected. Things can happen and Do. Sure, maybe they'll get you a new car etc. but that's not always the case.

It's really not the point I'm making in that post.

I value your opinion and desire to purchase a reliable car and we all want the same thing.

The reply was a follow up to the post above, on how Toyota can be more competitive against German manufacturers when people cross shop. People tend to lease a German vehicle for badge prestige. However, many of those people value reliability, looks and performance,because some of them buy the cars later on. The point that was made in the post is if Toyota has a more competitive lease deal on these vehicles, they will be able to take away a percentage of those German customer that's just looking to lease.

Last edited:

aeronSUPRAco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra(soon)
The Supra was spotted recently even after the prototype was launched. I believe Toyota wants to make sure that enthusiasts won’t be disappointed. It took them 7 years to complete this project. Usually, sports car development cycle only take around 3-5 years. So I do hope that Toyota won’t disappoint us. I’m expecting the new Supra to be the real deal. I want it to be as good as it can be, even better than the previous generations. But for now, they’re still working on some aspects of the car for it to be perfect. Check out this link for more info.: https://www.autoblog.com/2018/07/26/toyota-supra-nurburgring-spy-video/

Status
Not open for further replies.