Thinking of ordering

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford Focus RS FPM375 and Mazda 2.0 ND
Has anyone in the UK ordered the new Supra Manual Special Edition yet, if so what price were they quoted and delivery etc. Has anyone seen the Burn out white colour in the flesh. Am thinking of ordering one very shortly and would be interested in other peoples experiences with this model.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Craig172

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not the most active UK forum I've come across ! ;)either that or no-one is ordering the new special edition!

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
I spoke to toyota the other day and they indicated that April would be the collection date, decided not to go ahead as the deal wasn't as good as I've currently got... would have gone for the Cu Later gray (called different over here but same thing) just down to personal circumstances at the moment with all the crap going on with finances... if your heart says yes then do it mate, experience a modern classic... even though its a bmw 🤣🤪

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
I don't think many have ordered this model yet maybe.

Will probably be a good model to have while you can get your hands on it. All the previous special editions seemed to hold good value.
This also has the HUD and JBL unlike the Blue Jamara racetrack edition.

I have not seen the colour in person but it looks good from the photo's.
But ultimately need to compare prices vs a regular pro (that probably gets more discount). If it's quite a lot more may not be worth it as in reality its just a special paint and interior trim at the end of the day.

OP
OP
Craig172

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I did have the 3.0 Pro last year, but found the drive with the Auto not very involving and the black interior not very inspriring so sold it on a few months later. However the manual with the new wheels, tan interior, manual gearbox makes it a lot more attractive.

Amazingly Its the same price in the Uk for the special edition as it is the regular manual Pro, and I can get £3600 off the list price incl n 2k off for taking out toyota finance which i can always end early.

Plus you get that amazing tan interior and the matt white paint. Its only the latter - matt paint that I'm undecided on especially the maintenance of it - its a bit of an unknown and dont want it to be a potential pain ? Was quoted Oct 2023 as likely delivery date

Hakiro09

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 500
I owned the car for a few months now. It’s a great car(Auto) but at current prices I wouldn’t buy one. I paid 50k with red paint and Pro spec. 10.4k down and 350 a months. Now with the same deposit the monthly seam to be 700 a month. The interest is now 6.9% compared to 0%.

OP
OP
Craig172

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
With discount its £52,380, a couple of grand more than you paid, which for the extras I think is worth it. Its a funny price point 50k, only new 2 seaters around that price is the Alpine and the the bottom of the range porsche cayman, neither of which appeal to me. You have to move up a 20k to 70k to head towards the Emira, and Cayman S etc.
Maybe the recession and high charges for credit will hit the car market this next or so and prices are lowered. Strangely enough you only have to put a £99 deposit down to order one, so if things later down the line dont go favorably you could always cancel and lose just £99.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
What was the special edition in the UK for 2022? I only ask because I got one of the A91-CF that I know where specific to the US and wondered what they offered if anything over the pond.

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
I'm happy with my A90 edition and never really had a problem with it being auto, so I'm not rushing out to swap it for a new manual.

There is a white Fuji Speedway Edition, I sometimes see around and got to admit I'm not a fan of it in white, although that is a metallic white, not the matt white of the new manual special edition.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
The absolute zero white is stunning when clean up close. White also shows off the body lines and trim very well.

OP
OP
Craig172

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Motec, Thanks for that, is that the zero white one, on the left of your garage ? If you have any photos of your car - can you pm some ? What's the maintenance of it like, have you had the paint sealed or coated ?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Motec, Thanks for that, is that the zero white one, on the left of your garage ? If you have any photos of your car - can you pm some ? What's the maintenance of it like, have you had the paint sealed or coated ?
I can‘t imagine it’ll look different in the UK but a friend has one over here and it is absolutely stunning! I have the matte grey and love it. That would be the only downside. Some peeps hate matte paint (worry their asses off about it) and others like me admire it. That being said, the CU later gray is equally amazing. Toyota really nailed these two colors imo.
Happy shopping! I hope you love the car as much as I do 🥰

OP
OP
Craig172

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I do like the look of the matt white, what is to worry about with matt paint, is it hard to maintain ?
Sponsored