THIS Is the Manual Toyota Supra [Official Release]

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Yes, that's the current plan. A buddy of mine is hooking me up with an out of state dealer friend for an MSRP deal but it's not 100% confirmed yet. I will absolutely buy one at MSRP and I don't need to be at the front of the line. Just not going to pay any mark up.

Which dealer do you work with? I don't have any association with any of the local dealers.
Going to try going back to Wilmington. They seem willing to play ball for MSRP. All of the local dealers are crap.

If that doesnā€™t work out, Iā€™m going to go outside of the Toyota southeast distributors region so I can get what I want, instead of what they force on us!

Iā€™ll keep you posted. If I get one before you we can meet up so you can see the color in person compared to the Evo!
Sponsored

GR_Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, '90 NA Miata, '05 Saab 92x
Some safety feature differences between the MT and AT:

Based on options table at the bottom of the press release, it looks like the MT versions can only get "High-speed cruise control" which I interpret as ordinary cruise control for a set speed and will not slow down to maintain your distance. The AT will continue to have "Full-speed dynamic cruise control" which works surprisingly well even in stop-and-go traffic. But then again, you don't get a MT if you are in a lot of stop-and-go traffic.

Also the MT can only get "parking sensors" instead of "parking sensors with emergency braking" in the AT.

I really hope there is a good take-rate on the MT so Toyota will continue providing a MT option. I'm tied up in my lease, so please place your orders!

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I just chatted with my dealer friend. There is no custom ordering; you can specify your preference but at the end of the day dealers get what they get. :oops:

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
I just chatted with my dealer friend. There is no custom ordering; you can specify your preference but at the end of the day dealers get what they get. :oops:
Ooooh...

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Sounds about the same as the GR86. The one real choice I got was trans. I picked 3 different colors and said I dont care if its the base or premium model. They said it will most likely be a base since those are more abundant. I have a feeling that will be the opposite for the Supra. Pretty sure there are more premiums out there than anything and will most likely be the first model made. Not a bad thing.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Some safety feature differences between the MT and AT:

Based on options table at the bottom of the press release, it looks like the MT versions can only get "High-speed cruise control" which I interpret as ordinary cruise control for a set speed and will not slow down to maintain your distance. The AT will continue to have "Full-speed dynamic cruise control" which works surprisingly well even in stop-and-go traffic. But then again, you don't get a MT if you are in a lot of stop-and-go traffic.

Also the MT can only get "parking sensors" instead of "parking sensors with emergency braking" in the AT.

I really hope there is a good take-rate on the MT so Toyota will continue providing a MT option. I'm tied up in my lease, so please place your orders!
Iā€™m not sure why it WOULDNT have the radar guided cruise. Supposedly thatā€™s going to be available on the GR Corolla so itā€™s possible on a manual transmission (albeit it I donā€™t know the tuning details) but itā€™s a shame that isnā€™t carrying over

Eightohtwo1X

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Strat Blue MT Supra + 06' MT Subaru Baja Turbo
Dealership near me doesn't sell above MSRP but wanted a $1000 non-refundable deposit.

Found out my co-worker knew the owner so that turned into a $1000 refundable deposit.
Told me I was the first one in line too.

Confirmed custom ordering isn't possible, but I'd have first dibs on whatever they get allocated (IF they get allocated any). They didn't seem to have any information on the 2023's yet.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
I don't understand why everyone suddenly is feeling the need to put a deposit on a manual Supra? These cars are $65k, 2 seater cars. There will be plenty to go around. The market is really small for $65k 2 seaters

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I don't understand why everyone suddenly is feeling the need to put a deposit on a manual Supra? These cars are $65k, 2 seater cars. There will be plenty to go around. The market is really small for $65k 2 seaters
If you want 1 of 500 A91 MT models, you better or you'll miss the boat.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Just to say they put a deposit on the manual Supra