THIS Is the Manual Toyota Supra [Official Release]

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
For those asking for the A91-MT specifically, I’m in touch with a regional sales manager for Toyota and from our conversation it appears there are already many more deposits placed for them then there will be A91-MTs. However, most dealers are still taking deposits since there’s always a percentage of buyers that cannot move forward with the purchase for whatever reason.

Any prospective A91-MT owners who are looking to lock one in at this time should have a contingency plan in case it doesn’t work out.
You may not get the very first ones, but there will be no supply shortage for the next few years. In fact, you may not want the very first ones as you'll be in the same position as the early 2021 Supra owners which ended up with burning oil issues. Let a little time pass, let the production facility get used to producing this manual configuration, then get it after all the kinks are worked out
Sponsored

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
You may not get the very first ones, but there will be no supply shortage for the next few years. In fact, you may not want the very first ones as you'll be in the same position as the early 2021 Supra owners which ended up with burning oil issues. Let a little time pass, let the production facility get used to producing this manual configuration, then get it after all the kinks are worked out
If you want an a91 edition you can’t wait. That is a limited production run like the a91 was before

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you want an a91 edition you can’t wait. That is a limited production run like the a91 was before
and then the Next year when they have another A91 special limited production........I have to give credit to the Toyota guys, got everyone worked up for a model that won't be better than the following year

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
and then the Next year when they have another A91 special limited production........I have to give credit to the Toyota guys, got everyone worked up for a model that won't be better than the following year
I mean Lamborghini is the best at doing that 🤷🏻

WSUPRA

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition
This is the first time one of the limited models will come with a manual. There are also two colors unique (for now) to the A91-MT which wasn’t the case in years past. In comparison, virtually no one cared when the A91-CF edition was announced.

I understand where you’re coming from, but to discredit everyone’s excitement for the A91-MT isn’t doing any good. To @Loco38SUP ’s point, let’s just all be happy we are finally getting a manual option.

AOZORA

First Name
Mav
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ Series.Blue
For those asking for the A91-MT specifically, I’m in touch with a regional sales manager for Toyota and from our conversation it appears there are already many more deposits placed for them then there will be A91-MTs. However, most dealers are still taking deposits since there’s always a percentage of buyers that cannot move forward with the purchase for whatever reason.

Any prospective A91-MT owners who are looking to lock one in at this time should have a contingency plan in case it doesn’t work out.
So disheartening to hear. Trying to look for one on the NYC coast that won't price gouge me, but that may be unavoidable. In contrast to when I bought my Series.Blue BRZ, I bought it from their forums from a dealer in Colorado and it was so easy purchasing it.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is the first time one of the limited models will come with a manual. There are also two colors unique (for now) to the A91-MT which wasn’t the case in years past. In comparison, virtually no one cared when the A91-CF edition was announced.

I understand where you’re coming from, but to discredit everyone’s excitement for the A91-MT isn’t doing any good. To @Loco38SUP ’s point, let’s just all be happy we are finally getting a manual option.
Well I'm not trying to discredit everyone's excitement. Just saying that there will be something better the next year, if you don't happen to get the 2023 A91 MT. There's no need to panic.

The way everything is headed now, we're going back to revisiting 2009 financial issues. I wouldn't be surprised if not many people are going to buy $65K 2 seater toys in 2023

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well there's always something better if you wait, until there isn't, due to shortages and inevitable electric vehicles...

This isn't really news for many cars, definitely not news for Supra, starting from LEs... A91s, CF.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Well I'm not trying to discredit everyone's excitement. Just saying that there will be something better the next year, if you don't happen to get the 2023 A91 MT. There's no need to panic.

The way everything is headed now, we're going back to revisiting 2009 financial issues. I wouldn't be surprised if not many people are going to buy $65K 2 seater toys in 2023
Bro, the GRMN is next

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if they just did @tadda ’s modifications. Maybe they added some ports to the trim piece 🤷‍♂️

It could be entirely software, but wouldn’t be awesome if Toyota revised the trim piece to have ports already built in? Those who are apprehensive about cutting the ports themselves could just go to a Toyota dealership, order the relatively inexpensive trim piece, and have most of the benefits of this mod!

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/how-to-improve-oe-sub-bass-quality-and-eliminate-vibrations.5092/

Their vague “optimal sound tuning” suggests something fairly simple. If it was a new amplifier, or improved speakers, I think they would have worded it differently.
Given they still haven't fixed the wind buffeting issue which is 10x easier to fix, I think its very unlikely they would bother fixing the subs. Honestly, I doubt Toyota even cares about the issue with the sub design - it isn't really something the majority of owners will even be aware of.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Given they still haven't fixed the wind buffeting issue which is 10x easier to fix, I think its very unlikely they would bother fixing the subs. Honestly, I doubt Toyota even cares about the issue with the sub design - it isn't really something the majority of owners will even be aware of.
It's by design. They aren't going to fix it because it will hurt MPG's. The car is made as slippery as possible, and the buffeting is because of it. A lot of Porsches have the same issue.

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I was looking and they aren't putting the HUD into the special edition again?

I know it's not game breaking, just lowkey feel like it's fair not to remove that from the limited option.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Does anyone know when people will start testing the Manual Supra?
Sponsored