THIS Is the Manual Toyota Supra [Official Release]

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
Right!

Reminds me of people keeping their wheel offsets a secret....but even worse lol.
No offense guys but it's a Supra.... Let alone keeping stupid details like that is just weird. This isn't a exclusive factory option....
Sponsored

puppers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT
I hate gatekeepers for simple stuff like a wrap color
Exactly. Acting like it's a one off because it's on your car. Dude's car looks cool, but seems like he'd be the type that just came from a Civic and thinks he's driving a lambo lol.

puppers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT
On another note, anyone work at Toyota and can find my Supra? T_T. Last I heard is it left port March 21st and it's still not here - still "A" status - the wait is painful.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Raiti is a bit of a putz. I'm actually shocked that he grew his YouTube channel so fast. I just find him annoying most of the time, certainly more than most of the other YouTube car reviewers.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds him annoying. He doesn't even seem like a real car enthusiast. I just get clueless salesman vibes from him when he talks.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds him annoying. He doesn't even seem like a real car enthusiast. I just get clueless salesman vibes from him when he talks.
One thing I will say is that he knows (or at least researches ahead of time) the history of the car that he's reviewing. But yeah, I still find him super annoying more often than not.

But people like the guy for some reason. I mean, his YouTube channel has grown very quickly. I remember not long ago that he was a teacher and doing YouTube on the side, but now he's in full time YouTube mode and he left his teaching job behind.

He's still a putz though ;)

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
On another note, anyone work at Toyota and can find my Supra? T_T. Last I heard is it left port March 21st and it's still not here - still "A" status - the wait is painful.
Send order # in PM

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Anyone find any other pictures of the supra in stratosphere blue floating around? The one toyota gave us was not enough.

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
MT and blue Supra got errbody pulling out their dicks for a light saber duel.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I bet people still don't believe me even AFTER this official news. Lol.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Just saw an article that the auto gets a louder exhaust system haha

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Just saw an article that the auto gets a louder exhaust system haha
^^ That has been confirmed to be true for the new turbo Nissan Z. I won't be surprised if the Supra manual and Supra auto have the same difference.

It's a situation that affects MANY high performance cars. The annoying purely regulatory reason is stated in this Jalopnik article:

https://jalopnik.com/the-2023-nissan-z-gets-a-louder-exhaust-with-the-automa-1848892692

Here’s the thing: the methods for testing manual and automatic transmissions differ. In a stick-shift car, the test must be done in either 2nd or 3rd gear; in an automatic, “the throttle shall, as rapidly as possible, be opened as fully as will ensure maximum acceleration without operating kickdown” (emphasis added by me), and held there until the car reaches the end of the testing area. SAE defines “kickdown” as “a forced downshift to the lowest possible gear.”

You see the issue. A manual Z has to do a full-throttle run from 31 mph until it reaches its peak-power RPM, in either 2nd or 3rd gear. Peak power comes at 6,400 RPM. It’s gonna get loud. Meanwhile, the automatic Z only has to putter along in whatever gear it’s programmed to engage at 31 mph, using light throttle so as not to trigger a downshift. And since the engineers knew this, they programmed the automatic to pick a really high gear when cruising at 31 mph.

Hence, the manual gets a quieter muffler to pass the test, while the automatic gets away with a louder setup.
Supposedly it isn't THAT much of a difference but pretty much any manual transmission car will be penalized in the same way where the automatic variant of the same car is allowed to game the noise test easily.

The new/current Porsche 911 GT3 manual almost wasn't allowed on sale in California due to this same regulatory hurdle until a lot of well heeled Porsche owners/buyers raised a major fuss and caused Porsche and the California BAR to come to some kind of agreement.

It's unclear if Porsche had to redesign the 2021+ GT3 manual's standard exhaust system for it too go on sale in California or if the BAR allowed Porsche an exception to sell the same "too loud" exhaust system where they won't allow such an exception for other automakers with their sportscars.

Gazoou

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Toyota 86
It kinda sucks that most dealerships around me are treating this as a second Supra launch..with all the markup they are trying to charge. Still waiting on a dealership to say they have allocations and will take deposits for an msrp purchase.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
It kinda sucks that most dealerships around me are treating this as a second Supra launch..with all the markup they are trying to charge. Still waiting on a dealership to say they have allocations and will take deposits for an msrp purchase.
It is an unfortunate reality in most cases. Once allocations become available check the thread on these forums that lists dealers that are confirmed to deal in MSRP purchases for Supras which is almost certain to mean an out of state purchase... (if certain dealers so listed will work with you as an out of state buyer). Then the tax at your local DMV when registering should be the only remaining major factor which hopefully will still be less than whatever markup would be at other dealers.