First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
So I talked a local dealer down to a reasonable price and as I was at the bank grabbing the check.... they said the VIN was reported stolen! It's a brand new car shipped directly to the dealer.

So crazy! I was supposed to go pick it up tonight.

That's a really douchey way for a dealer to tell you that they sold the car at a higher price to another person.
Sponsored

Phailure

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Premium, 2017 Toyota Tacoma SR5
Recently purchased a '21 3.0 Premium in Nocturnal with driver assist for 53k OTD in central Florida. Their initial offer was 56k but they knocked the price down since it had been at the lot for 30+ days and I mentioned the possible oil consumption fears.

Last edited:

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
I think anything over 55k is too much IMO. I can't get anything under 60k here for a 3.0 premium, and dealers are firm on price here in my area.

Terrible time to buy right now. Best wait for Memorial Day for possible sales (though I think the only sales will be low interest rate) or, if you're patient, you can wait for the 2022 announcement (no one knows when that'll be) which could cause 2021 to go down in price depending 2022 availability.

There's a dealership in Maryland that would do $53k but they had some rule that they could only do that if the car is being registered in select local postal codes, otherwise it would be $2,000 more.

Last edited:

BuyHighSellLow

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Premium, MK6 Jetta
I think it’s safe to say it’s not gonna be like it was for a while.

IMO if you can get ~53k in SoCal right now that's as good as it'll get. Could probably hit 51-52k if a dealer really wants to move one at month end/memorial day.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
People are getting offered $52K+ for their used Supras at Carmax, Vroom and other places. I think the trend for dealership pricing is only going up. Maybe some incentive for Memorial day like a free BBQ grill with new car purchase.

-RJM

LoveToCamp

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I think anything over 55k is too much IMO. I can't get anything under 60k here for a 3.0 premium, and dealers are firm on price here in my area.

Terrible time to buy right now. Best wait for Memorial Day for possible sales (though I think the only sales will be low interest rate) or, if you're patient, you can wait for the 2022 announcement (no one knows when that'll be) which could cause 2021 to go down in price depending 2022 availability.

There's a dealership in Maryland that would do $53k but they had some rule that they could only do that if the car is being registered in select local postal codes, otherwise it would be $2,000 more.
Koons or Jerry’s near Baltimore? Lmao they wised up then cuz everyone kept coming there to buy Supra’s from out of state cuz they were so cheap.

49.5K OTD last year for a ‘20 with NC taxes.

Kgsweb

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Downshift Blue
Congrats.

Alpharetta huh? Same here. I'm the dude in the Downshift Blue one cruising around.

Where in Alpharetta are you? I'm in downtown.

OP
OP
jordanc

jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Premium Turbulence Gray | '19 Mazda CX-9
Congrats.

Alpharetta huh? Same here. I'm the dude in the Downshift Blue one cruising around.

Where in Alpharetta are you? I'm in downtown.
That's awesome! I'm super close to Abbotts Village Publix so a few miles east of 400 exit 10. Funny thing - I think I saw you coming out of somewhere on states bridge the other day when I was going to drive the 2.0 at Nalley Roswell! I think it was as downshift blue one I saw.

Love the downshift blue - I'm sad they stopped making it for 21.

Kgsweb

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Downshift Blue
So, did you drive a 2.0? How was it compared to the 3.0 you bought?

OP
OP
jordanc

jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So, did you drive a 2.0? How was it compared to the 3.0 you bought?
I did! I thought it was great. But the second I (broke the break-in rules and) opened up the 3.0 the first time - I was astonished at the difference. And it was still a reserved pull. Once I pass the 1200 miles I'm sure I'll have a better idea. But the 2.0 so far felt the exact same just with "enough" power. Not "a lot of power" like I feel about the 3.0

Last edited:
OP
OP
jordanc

jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's a really douchey way for a dealer to tell you that they sold the car at a higher price to another person.
Late response to this - but it was the bank that informed me it was reported stolen. The dealer was surprised to learn that.

Long story short - they called georgia state patrol and corrected it and got carfax to remove the report
Sponsored