2021 Supra 3.0 premium deal - should I do it?

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
I got a 2021 Premium out the door for 54,000 which included tax in Dry Ridge, Ky. My local dealer wouldn't even let me test drive one and wanted 58,000 plus tax. I walked away.
When I was looking, I checked out that dealer as well.....First dealer wouldn't let me take the car on the road....could only take it on their so-called test track behind the dealer....second dealer let me take the vehicle while they checked out my Stinger....put a handful of miles on it but was sold soon after taking it off the lot......ended up with the purchase!!!!1
Sponsored

NitroMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
This isnā€™t a big deal. Before you sign final docs, just make sure the bottom line is what you agreed to and look up to see how itā€™s itemized. Pull the trigger and rock and roll.

OP
OP
mokleen

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
60 months. I had to use their car buying service (Truecar) and open an additional line of credit with them in order to qualify for the 1.39%, but it was worth it.
Whoa! Who is your credit union that has 1.39% i want to join the union too! Haha

OP
OP
mokleen

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update#

I had accepted the deal and Finance guy told me to wait until Monday and he will send me all the details.

Monday he told me he needed to wait for the sales guy to get details, and I reached out to the sales guy and he said he doesn't work with the numbers, i need to talk to finance guy.

So I sent a message to the finance guy asking him if he is going to send me the details and sell me the car or not? I don't want to waste his or my time.

He replies back angry, saying that I called him a liar, XYZ 123.

Long story short. He wasn't going to make money off me so I guess he got pissed and was buying time to sell the car at a higher price to another person.

Moral of the story:
Don't give your business to Darcars Silver Spring.

OP
OP
mokleen

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Get an APR from your bank or credit union for comparison purposes. And only negotiate an OTD price. That practice has served me well since 1990.
I've done that in the past and it worked fine. This dealership however...

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Update#

I had accepted the deal and Finance guy told me to wait until Monday and he will send me all the details.

Monday he told me he needed to wait for the sales guy to get details, and I reached out to the sales guy and he said he doesn't work with the numbers, i need to talk to finance guy.

So I sent a message to the finance guy asking him if he is going to send me the details and sell me the car or not? I don't want to waste his or my time.

He replies back angry, saying that I called him a liar, XYZ 123.

Long story short. He wasn't going to make money off me so I guess he got pissed and was buying time to sell the car at a higher price to another person.

Moral of the story:
Don't give your business to Darcars Silver Spring.
What a slimy move! They prefer a greedy sell over a future loyal customer.

-RJM

Mcoimpact

First Name
Bailey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 318ti Club Sport 1999 Wrangler Sahara, 2009 C
I've done that in the past and it worked fine. This dealership however...
At least you know how sleazy that dealer is. If a dealer wonā€™t quote an OTD price I walk.

Mcoimpact

First Name
Bailey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 318ti Club Sport 1999 Wrangler Sahara, 2009 C
I just checked out the Darcars website; their ā€œCall for Priceā€ tactic is a red flag.
Sponsored