Tint or No Tint

Raskita

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M235I, Z4, Fj Cruiser, Clarity, Highlander, Supra
Have an appointment to have my absolute white to be tinted all around except the windshield, however now getting second thoughts. Can i have some thoughts on how the supra looks with tint or without?
Sponsored

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
Living in California, you must tint, and do the windshield too. 3M Crystalline is very good but Hüper Optik Ceramic is better (I've had both). Great thing about them is they are more effective than cheaper darker tint film and are more durable. Still, 3M can fade and scratch whereas Hüper Optik won't. I am having my Supra tinted with Hüper Optik Ceramic next week.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I usually have my tint guy do all my cars with Pinnacle but on the Supra, I decided not to do it. I passed on clear bra as well.

Mainly because my Supra is a garage queen so 100% of the time the car is parked indoors, only driven a few times a month, and I like to see the interior while I admire the car without opening the doors.

Also, even the very best tint job can end up with very minor imperfections which I prefer not to have on my garage queen.

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor
I tint all of my vehicles. Looks much better and definitely helps on the hot days. Went 25% on the Supra, no windshield tint, I like to be able to see clearly at night.

7C890163-E02A-4CA6-B08F-3AE06F7556FA.jpeg

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
I always enjoy tint. The heat rejection is provides is great in the summer plus I really think it helps with the look of the car. I did 35% on the sides and rear.

OP
OP
Raskita

Raskita

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I always enjoy tint. The heat rejection is provides is great in the summer plus I really think it helps with the look of the car. I did 35% on the sides and rear.
In person how dark is 35%? Can you still see inside?

OP
OP
Raskita

Raskita

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I usually have my tint guy do all my cars with Pinnacle but on the Supra, I decided not to do it. I passed on clear bra as well.

Mainly because my Supra is a garage queen so 100% of the time the car is parked indoors, only driven a few times a month, and I like to see the interior while I admire the car without opening the doors.

Also, even the very best tint job can end up with very minor imperfections which I prefer not to have on my garage queen.
Same reason why I kinda don't want to tint hehe

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I would tint it but then if I get pulled over I would be getting a no tint ticket and no front plate ticket. No need to give the man a bigger reason to pull me over..

Brandido

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra; 2015 Jeep Cherokee
No tint if your keeping your car forever, your tint will bubble and look like crap and will be a pain and mess to take off. And if you ever sell your car, new owner may not want tint
Some tint shops offer lifetime warranty.
Sponsored