BigRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 A90
Hello,

I don’t know if it’s related to the lowering springs but my tires are completely down on the inside and 4mm left on the outside.

In the picture is a front tire, it’s not that bad on the rear tires.
I got an alignment on factory specs after installing the lowering springs.
But I also did some hard cornering on the track 1 time and on the streets so I’m not quite sure where it comes from.

Yeez it was 5 minutes after 12

IMG_1267.jpeg
Sponsored

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Looks to me like it might be rubbing on something. If it was alignment it should get progressively less worn as you move toward the outside of the tire, but the rest of the tire looks mostly evenly worn except that one inside corner.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
The wear on the left tire looks pretty even across the tire. Looks like the right side of the tire has been rubbing on something…

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I don't see any rubbing. Whole left tire's thread is pretty much gone equally.. Inside sidewall started giving up.. Yeah, just slight uneven. You've got like 3/32 more thread on the outside than inside 😂
Horrible alignment and/or you've got a used tire or something.. Or, sorry but are you like rather overweight ? Assuming that's driver side tire...
What's even the mileage on these tires? Right looks brand new. Is that right side or the new replacement tire??

AP1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR
Hello,

I don’t know if it’s related to the lowering springs but my tires are completely down on the inside and 4mm left on the outside.

In the picture is a front tire, it’s not that bad on the rear tires.
I got an alignment on factory specs after installing the lowering springs.
But I also did some hard cornering on the track 1 time and on the streets so I’m not quite sure where it comes from.

Yeez it was 5 minutes after 12

IMG_1267.jpeg
I had similar issue after 10K miles. All four tires were like that. I do not have any mods.

OP
OP
BigRon

BigRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 A90
Forgot to mention, the left one is the old front tire (both look pretty much the same) after 26k miles.
It’s the PSS that comes from the factory.
The right one is the new one that is on the car right now.

and I’m not that much overweight xD

I will try to find a different shop for an alignment because even when the inside was just giving up the tire wear is uneven.

Thanks for the suggestions guys

I had similar issue after 10K miles. All four tires were like that. I do not have any mods.
Check the alignment of the wheels, maybe they are off grid.
AFAIK there are 4 reasons this can happen.

1. The alignment doesn’t fit the suspension
2. Hard cornering like under steering a lot
3. Bad tire quality
4. Tire is rubbing against something

IMG_1269.png

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I was too low - on 18’s and lowering springs. I’ve also seen other Supras with visible tire rub on the wheel well (hood fender). You can see black tire marks there, if you’re too low.

IMG_1836.jpeg

AP1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR
Have you had an alignment done since you bought the car? This is what a bad toe setting looks like.
I did alignment at 8K as part of dealer service (though I didn't get printout with results). They didn't tell me about anything wrong at that time. Next at 10K I started feeling vibration at high speed and brought car to tire shop to check alignment again. That is when they pointed me to weared off tires with threads showing up. That was very hard to see - only inside of 4 tires got damaged.

I changed to PS4S tires now and did one more round of alignment. This time I got print out. I will see how it goes.

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
I did alignment at 8K as part of dealer service (though I didn't get printout with results). They didn't tell me about anything wrong at that time. Next at 10K I started feeling vibration at high speed and brought car to tire shop to check alignment again. That is when they pointed me to weared off tires with threads showing up. That was very hard to see - only inside of 4 tires got damaged.

I changed to PS4S tires now and did one more round of alignment. This time I got print out. I will see how it goes.
Given the experiences I've had with the three dealerships I've brought my car to I wouldn't be surprised at all if they caused an alignment issue.

Hopefully all is good now.