To Mod or Not to Mod

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
99.9% of mods don’t add value and may actually hurt it. This includes tints, ppf, etc. I’d rather buy a car 100% unmolested.

unless there was some factory defect that only the aftermarket can fix. Not aware of it for the Supra.

if you intend to sell, do mods that are easily reversible and can be easily sold.
Sponsored

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
I too own a 45th Anniversary Supra. That also means like you it’s been less than two months, since I was the first forum member to get their car. I’ve just cleared 2200 miles on mine now.

this is what’s been installed:
15% tint
Ceramic coating
BMS 13mm/15mm spacers
MST v2 Intake
Active Autowerke catted downpipe
Active Autowerke catback
Cusco front sway bar
MSS Height Adjustable Springs
Rexspeed anti-buffet mirror foils
Rexspeed Interior Carbon
NVS Interior Carbon
Race Eng Shift Knob
Tadda’s subwoofer port/deadening fix
Various coding with BimmerCode
OEM+ Mods open hoot vents
OEM+ Mods open bumper vents

this is what has been ordered and will be installed next when I return from a vacation next month:
Advan GT Premium 19” Staggered in Hyper Black/Machined
Michelin Pilot Super Sport 305/35R19
Rexspeed V2 F1 light/reverse light
More Rexspeed Interior Carbon
Berktuning Carbon/Alcantara steering wheel
Berktuning Alcantara shift boot
Cusco rear sway bar.
Street Hunter v2 Wing. (Yes, removing the OEM wing, might be cheaper to just buy another hatch)

this is what I’m ordering next and installing in spring:
Femto Unlock
DAW big turbo
Upgraded clutch
OEM Audio+ and Odell’s Audio upgrades

You’re more than free to leave yours stock and enjoy it in your own way. I’ll do the same in my way.

Life is too short for stock cars, especially when for me, I have a blood cancer that means I know for certain that I will expire sooner.

I will add that if I could only do two things to the car it would be springs and full exhaust/catback. They combined have made the car significantly more enjoyable to drive and it handles so damn well now that it finally feels like a sports car worthy of a special badge like GR.
Amen. Life is too precious and too short. As for clutch, check out and call Spec clutches. The best on the market. Ignore the Clutchmasters and others. Spec has made clutches for high performance bmw drivetraina for a long time. Call them because it's a custom order on the MKV Supra and reasonably priced.

Allenyao09

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Toyota GR Supra 3.0 MT
I think it depends on how long you intend to keep the car. I was on the waitlist for an Emira before getting the Supra. I know I would be trading in the Supra when the Emira comes so I wouldn't spend tones of money on it. But I still had some cosmetic mods and an Armaspeed intake so I can better enjoy the Supra while I have it.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Do what you want, keep the stock parts, put back to stock when you sell because 99% sure nobody will want the mods you put on the car. win/win
Does it help to sell a car having never been modded? Yes. But that's probably going to be less fun for you, during the time you own it. It's just a car. Go nuts.
I'm selling a car that has never had the powertrain touched. We'll see if it helps LOL

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Hi OP congrats on ur new ride! This is a tuner car and probably most on this forum are deep into mods, and there is a lot of interesting parts out there to make it what you want.

To answer your questions, in general, the cost of obtaining a mod and returning the car to stock is a sunk cost in the cost of ownership, overall. While you will get less financially, consider whether you will get more enjoyment in your ownership experience taking on the added costs. Consider spending first 5,000 miles in a variety of scenarios and see what floats ur boat? Canyon drive, AutoX, HPDE, and using as a daily will inform your decision. Good luck!
Sponsored