Took car to dealer for recall work and now tune gone?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I left my OBD MX+ in the port on accident when i TOLD them to do the brake recall. they even called me if i was sure i wanted the recall done because it would erase tunes, settings, etc. I said YES do the recall (i was still well within warranty with only bimmercode coding in so i didnt care) so I got the car back and they didnt do the brake recall. nothing was reset in carplay, bimmercode was still active. had to bring it to another dealership because that was the last straw with this specific dealership messing things up for me and my wife's car lol. The worse part is they documented that the recall was performed when it wasn't. The new dealership was like "yeaaa youre right it wasn't done. we're going to have to report this to HR" and i was like GOOD. that other dealership is trash. ANYWAY. new dealer did my last free oil change and the brake recall...and now i should be done with them entirely lol. ecutek is ordered too.
Why would HR be involved at this point, lol
Sponsored

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
Why would HR be involved at this point, lol
She said HR or HQ idk. And it’s because they told me a safety recall was done when it wasn’t. Possibly liability issue and they also had to go through the main Toyota corp to make a recall claim to override dealership #1’s false claim so they get compensated probably

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
She said HR or HQ idk. And it’s because they told me a safety recall was done when it wasn’t. Possibly liability issue and they also had to go through the main Toyota corp to make a recall claim to override dealership #1’s false claim so they get compensated probably
Probably HQ. I'd guess you misheard or she mispoke. :) I wasn't laughing at you- just the person that made the mistake.
Sponsored