• Total voters

Cybermoose

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium, 2009 BMW 335i xDrive Coupe, 2015 Kia Soul +
I can give everyone a run down of what the body shop/insurance said after all this is settled if it's totaled and how they got to 40k. Thanks for all the support. I didn't have gap insurance because I had a large downpayment and I owe less than what the car is worth. I definitely recommend everyone install front/rear dash cams and if you're going to owe more than the car's worth (low/no down payment) always get gap insurance. Looking at the bright side I can order the A91 but if I had the choice I much rather keep my car. If I end up getting an A91 I'll try to get the blue one and install an exhaust sooner because I rather people notice me than crash into me. Now I have to cancel orders for parts and not have a supra for a few months or more :/
Yeah, that sucks to hear, sorry about your luck. But... you're fine and everyone's fine, and that's it's own sort of luck. Cars are replaceable. We aren't.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gdi2290

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
the body shop sent over the estimate as a possible total loss so I'll find out from the insurance in the next 2-3 business days what options I have. If this car turns into a total loss whoever gets it in the auction is getting a great deal. 12k miles (6months old), no engine problems, no suspension problems, no airbag deploy, no alignment problems. The only problem is the rear being smashed in, broke passenger taillight, rear sensors is probably broken. The car seems to think the only problem is the taillight as its the only warning showing up on the dash

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
man...I know it sucks losing your car, but you'll come out better in the end if insurance does it's thing. Also, not likely, but if they sort out your case in record time, you might even be able to get a new 2020 to replace it with 0% interest.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Car is totaled. Quarter panel part alone cost 12k from Toyota and insurance also verified the full quote.
I figured it would be totaled but I am kind of interested to see what the itemized estimate looked like. The quarter panel skin only costs $1145, but of course, is $$$ to install. Not $11k in paint and labor though.

Regardless, I hope you're okay and that insurance gives you fair money for the car! 2021s should be coming soon fwiw and are noticeably faster if you're looking to get into another Supra.

Supra Guy

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
So what are going to do get a left over 20 or new 21?

OP
OP
gdi2290

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
so when i took it to another body shop to remove the parts no one could believe its totaled either. They looked up the part list and figure because of the aluminum parts the shop that did my quote had to outsource it which brought the price up a lot. the actual part as someone mention is around $1.2k so its really just the labor working with aluminum and the roof being connected to the quarter panel. This means if someone hits you in the quarter panel then your car will likely be totaled too :/

I'm going to shoot for a 2021 model and just wait. I want the blue A91 but since the first 400 won't be blue I might go for silver again (also considering black just to wrap it)

The insurance goes by the value of 3 cars in my area sold and selling around 50k with 3k miles. The value was adjusted to 12k miles with a value of 47k. If I had a launch edition since the price is higher the value would be higher I would assume since its a different trim. This might be a higher incentive to get these limited editions so maybe the crazy over msrp limited editions is a great move if you can get at msrp.

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
So funny story about expensive parts.

My friend has a 2005 Lotus Elise he bought new for around $40,000 when they became available in the US. After a couple of years, a truck backed into him trying to get out of a toll booth lane that only took automatic payments. The car was so low that he was invisible. Anyhow, a bumper protrusion punctured the front (it’s carbon fiber) and broke one of the lights.

On that car, the entire front clip is one piece, is carbon fiber, and is made to order and painted at the factory. Cost? $14,000. The light was $3,000.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Did you ask how much the buy back would be?

Supra Guy

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
So funny story about expensive parts.

My friend has a 2005 Lotus Elise he bought new for around $40,000 when they became available in the US. After a couple of years, a truck backed into him trying to get out of a toll booth lane that only took automatic payments. The car was so low that he was invisible. Anyhow, a bumper protrusion punctured the front (it’s carbon fiber) and broke one of the lights.

On that car, the entire front clip is one piece, is carbon fiber, and is made to order and painted at the factory. Cost? $14,000. The light was $3,000.
Yeah I’ve heard those Lotus are pretty much totaled when they get hit cause it cost so much to repair those cars.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Last edited: