Toyota FT-1 concept & A90 Supra design dissected

Do you care if the next Supra has a "corporate image?"

• No, as long as it looks good, I don't care if the rest of Toyota's line up is designed around it.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Yes, the Supra should be completely unique looking even among Toyota's fleet.

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Don't care as long as the Supra is the "first" to get the design.

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
I see a lot of people trying to compare the nose to that of the Enzo and LaFerrari.

red-ferrari-enzo-wallpaper.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

JJR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CT200
Coffin Nose... cool name :)

Please keep the coffin nose design Toyota I love the look.

Big George

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3, X5 V8
"Toyota’s performance group, TRD, was called in to have a look, and they thought the FT-1 was “pretty good” as is but would have to test it to be sure."

Was it strictly for Gran Turismo purposes? Kinda interesting they called TRD in to look at a concept, but I like how they have treated it like it would be produced from the beginning.

JohnnyTX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GTS (05)
I see a lot of people trying to compare the nose to that of the Enzo and LaFerrari.

maxresdefault.jpg
I've read lots of ppl saying the FT-1 nose wouldn't make production because of crash stadnards but if the Enzo and La Ferrari's front ends can meet safety standards, it's not so far fetched that the FT-1 nose or something close to it will appear on the MKV Supra.

BTW, 3 beautiful cars! Just shows you how good the FT-1 design is compared to the exotics. :love:

adprokid

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
--
I am digging this front, I think the F1 nose should go because that FMIC should get more air.

yellow-toyota-ft-1-concept-car-wallpaper-hd-jpg.jpg

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
Needs a pointier nose than that. Otherwise it loses its F1 look completely.

AZ Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hoping for new Supra
Look at how the FT1 design hangs with the most exotic models of Ferraris even. Lets say for argument sake that this design passes all safety regulations. Would it somehow be cost prohibitive to produce just because of how complex and and detailed the styling is??

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
i like the nose. it makes the car stand out from the rest of the competition.

Hal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000
Look at how the FT1 design hangs with the most exotic models of Ferraris even. Lets say for argument sake that this design passes all safety regulations. Would it somehow be cost prohibitive to produce just because of how complex and and detailed the styling is??
Wouldn't think it would be. Once the initial tooling for the body parts are set, it should be just machines cranking out the parts. Maybe there's slightly more raw materials used because of all the intricate styling but I can't imagine it'd actual cost Toyota much more. :hmm:

FRS-Man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hot Lava FR-S
"Toyota’s performance group, TRD, was called in to have a look, and they thought the FT-1 was “pretty good” as is but would have to test it to be sure."
Intersting. Hadn't even thought of the fact that the design hasn't been performance tested in a wind tunnel. So even if we like the front end design and it passes safety standards it may or may not work well for aerodynamics :dunno:

bballr35

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Elise
It's shaped like the Enzo and other exotics so I doubt it would have much trouble in a wind tunnel. Probably have a harder time with safety tests if I had to guess.

PanMD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I like both noses. Does anyone think the wide door sills will be kept? Could be hard getting in and out.
That's going to be a function of the car's construction. If it gets that anticipated carbon fiber monocoque then we'll likely see a wide door sill. In my fantasy world I'd like to think that the concept has wide sills which indicates we'll be getting a carbon monocoque, but in reality I don't think the designers had that in mind when drawing it up.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.