Toyota GR GT3 Concept / Lexus LFR

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Great things coming folks….sit back and enjoy the ride!

Not exactly sure what this is, but looks alot like that GT3….but not really. Prototypes for drivetrain testing? :dunno:

Btw, anyone notice the interesting ornament hanging on the wall?

Last edited:

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
That desperately needs that giant wing

I do like the SLS proportions though - especially considering home lame the new AMG GT is.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
That desperately needs that giant wing

I do like the SLS proportions though - especially considering home lame the new AMG GT is.
Yeah it does.

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
Side note. I hate that we've adopted calling this car the LFR (ick.... even more ick cause of who popularized calling it such). I don't think this car is LFA levels of bespoke. It would of course out perform it by a country mile, but LFA is not. The LFA replacement is likely the EV super car thingy. This is more somewhere in between the RC and LC. I'd personally love if they brought back the SC badge.

Good question. I’m going to stick to what I know and that is a hybrid and/or electrification will be present regardless….and since no more V8’s are going to be produced (last call being the IS500 and I believe the LC500), the hybrid system has only been deployed with I4 and V6 powertrains. So, in my honest opinion (based on the info from reputable sources) this platform will most likely be; V6TT, V6TT Hybrid, and/or full EV.

If Toyota miraculously introduces an I6 turbo engine, it will be a game changer. The proportion’s won’t make sense. It makes sense for the MKV Supra because it’s smaller and tighter package, but this GT3 platform (“A” platform) looks longer, wider, and lower….all characteristics of a “V” type engine. Let’s face it, we really don’t care all that much about an inline six, we just want a home grown Toyota turbo motor that can handle crazy power.
The GT3 car is most definitely a V8 (Twin Turbo), and to be homologated I do believe there must be a street version with a V8 also. Will there likely be a V6TT and hybridized variants? Probably.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
Side note. I hate that we've adopted calling this car the LFR (ick.... even more ick cause of who popularized calling it such). I don't think this car is LFA levels of bespoke. It would of course out perform it by a country mile, but LFA is not. The LFA replacement is likely the EV super car thingy. This is more somewhere in between the RC and LC. I'd personally love if they brought back the SC badge.
that car is supposed to be released in two years and this is the only nameplate that Lexus has trademarked.

1693800894361.png

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra

The GT3 car is most definitely a V8 (Twin Turbo), and to be homologated I do believe there must be a street version with a V8 also. Will there likely be a V6TT and hybridized variants? Probably.
The Lexus EV supercar isnt arriving on sense until 2030. Until then this "LFR" will probably due battle with the 911, AMG GT coupe, and the like.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I think the race version (GR GT3) will have the V8 (Either the rumoured 4.0TT Lexus, or the 5.4 2UR used in the RCF GT3) - well it definitely does, going off the video.

and the road version (Lexus LFR) will be hybrid/EV/TT V6 options and be seriously upmarket.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Supposedly in addition to this LFR upmarket performance model there will also be a new Lexus two door coupe positioned below it that will replace the LC and RC... so something less than the current $100k LC but costing more than the current RC models.

I can dream that for this Lexus would bring back the SC nameplate as a spiritual successor to the Z30 series (NOT the Z40 series) but there's no talk of that. Although it would be extremely appropriate if they did.

The GT3/LFR isn't going to be attainable for most so Lexus needs some coupe in their lineup that's a hell of a lot better than the current RC without going to $100k+ or $200k-$300k

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Supposedly in addition to this LFR upmarket performance model there will also be a new Lexus two door coupe positioned below it that will replace the LC and RC... so something less than the current $100k LC but costing more than the current RC models.

I can dream that for this Lexus would bring back the SC nameplate as a spiritual successor to the Z30 series (NOT the Z40 series) but there's no talk of that. Although it would be extremely appropriate if they did.

The GT3/LFR isn't going to be attainable for most so Lexus needs some coupe in their lineup that's a hell of a lot better than the current RC without going to $100k+ or $200k-$300k
Would it be like what MB is doing with the SL and the GT?

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Would it be like what MB is doing with the SL and the GT?
I'm not sure but after seeing your post I did a search and learned of the AMG GT's unfortunate discontinuation. The AMG division says they are bringing out a successor though which will be electrified in some way (either hybrid gas-electric series hybrid or full BEV).

Apparently Mercedes and AMG are doing with the SL now other than it being shifted to an AMG division product as well. If they're planning to axe the SL entirely that's very sad and unfortunate. A luxury brand needs a two door non-crossover coupe that isn't a $100k+ or far higher priced machine.

I suspect that Lexus is not going to shoot for the same market range as the AMG GT and its successor with whatever replaces the RC and LC but that's just me speculating.
Sponsored