Spied: Toyota benchmarking Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997) for new Supra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modal170

Reaction score
Car(s)
Good company :rolleyes:. And sadly the wheels are growing on me, but only because they look like 5 spokes from here lol
You know if BMW tested against the Porsches because Toyota wanted to or were they intrigue in using it as a benchmark?

Advertisement

Guff

Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, BRZ, Mini Mk1
Vehicle Showcase
You know if BMW tested against the Porsches because Toyota wanted to or were they intrigue in using it as a benchmark?
As far as I know, BMW claims to have never been interested in testing against Porsches, but considering their car goes head to head against the Boxster S, I find it hard to believe that they weren't interested in seeing those results. I'm not sure why BMW think its taboo for them to compare themselves to Porsche, despite their claims of "we build different cars". Regardless, my personal opinion is that Toyota bringing in the Porsches to benchmark was all part of the plan for the Bimmer Boys.

Modal170

Reaction score
Car(s)
As far as I know, BMW claims to have never been interested in testing against Porsches, but considering their car goes head to head against the Boxster S, I find it hard to believe that they weren't interested in seeing those results. I'm not sure why BMW think its taboo for them to compare themselves to Porsche, despite their claims of "we build different cars". Regardless, my personal opinion is that Toyota bringing in the Porsches to benchmark was all part of the plan for the Bimmer Boys.
So kind of like a child?

BMW: I don't really want this car as a benchmark but it would be cool if we did it.

Toyota: Say no more:

BMW: You fools, played right in our trap.

Again, if their car is fighting the boxster s which would divide the market up for those wanting a top down convertible, it'd be stupid to not use it as a benchmark.

Guff

Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, BRZ, Mini Mk1
Vehicle Showcase
So kind of like a child?

BMW: I don't really want this car as a benchmark but it would be cool if we did it.

Toyota: Say no more:

BMW: You fools, played right in our trap.

Again, if their car is fighting the boxster s which would divide the market up for those wanting a top down convertible, it'd be stupid to not use it as a benchmark.
lol, I'm sure all the stories I hear are pretty biased to the Toyota side, but yeah, that's basically how I heard it haha.

Guff

Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, BRZ, Mini Mk1
Vehicle Showcase
Wait is this the first time we've seen red calipers? I wonder if there will be a color option? Or maybe Toyota is painting theirs red vs the blue on the bimmers?

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
1993 Supra Turbo has monoblock calipers on all four corners... this thing better not have that cheap looking crappy calipers in the back

MA617M

Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I agree. But I'm also torn.

If it's light, and only needs twin pot sliding calipers on the rear, then it's less unsprung mass, and ultimately better handling etc....

.........but twin pots............. :thumbsdown::puke:

I've got 6 pots on the back of my JZA80 FFS :rolleyes:

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. But I'm also torn.

If it's light, and only needs twin pot sliding calipers on the rear, then it's less unsprung mass, and ultimately better handling etc....

.........but twin pots............. :thumbsdown::puke:

I've got 6 pots on the back of my JZA80 FFS :rolleyes:
6pot in the back? I have 6pot in the front.. and 4pot in the back.but do have 345s in the rear.. hehe

847E94C5-7C7A-4744-9FA2-A713CC134CEC.jpeg

E39D6196-1E80-491C-B100-CE3316879581.jpeg

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
With a license plate saying est1776
This car would be let down so.. don’t really want any American theme to it please... even a V6 1LE Camaro night out run this thing.. lol

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement