Spied: Toyota benchmarking Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997) for new Supra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Not the first time its been spotted with the M2. I think its safe to assume its the benchmark for the A90.
Sponsored

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good company :rolleyes:. And sadly the wheels are growing on me, but only because they look like 5 spokes from here lol
You know if BMW tested against the Porsches because Toyota wanted to or were they intrigue in using it as a benchmark?

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
You know if BMW tested against the Porsches because Toyota wanted to or were they intrigue in using it as a benchmark?
As far as I know, BMW claims to have never been interested in testing against Porsches, but considering their car goes head to head against the Boxster S, I find it hard to believe that they weren't interested in seeing those results. I'm not sure why BMW think its taboo for them to compare themselves to Porsche, despite their claims of "we build different cars". Regardless, my personal opinion is that Toyota bringing in the Porsches to benchmark was all part of the plan for the Bimmer Boys.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As far as I know, BMW claims to have never been interested in testing against Porsches, but considering their car goes head to head against the Boxster S, I find it hard to believe that they weren't interested in seeing those results. I'm not sure why BMW think its taboo for them to compare themselves to Porsche, despite their claims of "we build different cars". Regardless, my personal opinion is that Toyota bringing in the Porsches to benchmark was all part of the plan for the Bimmer Boys.
So kind of like a child?

BMW: I don't really want this car as a benchmark but it would be cool if we did it.

Toyota: Say no more:

BMW: You fools, played right in our trap.

Again, if their car is fighting the boxster s which would divide the market up for those wanting a top down convertible, it'd be stupid to not use it as a benchmark.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
So kind of like a child?

BMW: I don't really want this car as a benchmark but it would be cool if we did it.

Toyota: Say no more:

BMW: You fools, played right in our trap.

Again, if their car is fighting the boxster s which would divide the market up for those wanting a top down convertible, it'd be stupid to not use it as a benchmark.
lol, I'm sure all the stories I hear are pretty biased to the Toyota side, but yeah, that's basically how I heard it haha.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Wait is this the first time we've seen red calipers? I wonder if there will be a color option? Or maybe Toyota is painting theirs red vs the blue on the bimmers?

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford