Toyota GR GT3 Concept / Lexus LFR

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Whats the point of the camo wrap? From what I can tell it looks pretty much the same as the black GR GT3 concept

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
This thing is supposed to be a V8 but the hood is even longer than the LFA. This makes me think its because they wanted the engine to sit behind the front axle

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
This prototype looks almost identical to the mules I’ve seen previously (with no spoiler and ugly square panels on the front and rear bumpers). However, the proportions are spot on. This looks like a platform that can be shared for the “new Supra.” Still, I am skeptical of anything outside a V6TT Hybrid system for the new platform.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
V6 and V8
Good question. I’m going to stick to what I know and that is a hybrid and/or electrification will be present regardless….and since no more V8’s are going to be produced (last call being the IS500 and I believe the LC500), the hybrid system has only been deployed with I4 and V6 powertrains. So, in my honest opinion (based on the info from reputable sources) this platform will most likely be; V6TT, V6TT Hybrid, and/or full EV.

If Toyota miraculously introduces an I6 turbo engine, it will be a game changer. The proportion’s won’t make sense. It makes sense for the MKV Supra because it’s smaller and tighter package, but this GT3 platform (“A” platform) looks longer, wider, and lower….all characteristics of a “V” type engine. Let’s face it, we really don’t care all that much about an inline six, we just want a home grown Toyota turbo motor that can handle crazy power.