Toyota "Preparing" Hotter Supra GRMN, Says Chief Engineer

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The GR86 will be an awesome car, especially for someone wanting a manual Toyota. The same goes for the GR Corolla being developed. Unfortunately neither are anywhere near as premium level as the Supra, but that's just how it is...
This caught my eye. Anything you can say about the GR86? I thought they were going to do little with it for the upcoming gen
Sponsored

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Possible whiteboard concepts :)

carbon panels (hood, roof, front fenders), adjustable motorsports suspension, different trans (either upgraded ZF8 or motorsport 7AT), tuned exhaust, aero, bigger brakes, 430-450hp, weight reduced to ~3000lbs.

Likely cost, ~80k USD

(As I said, many things in common with the GT4 but with the obvious differences you'd expect—full interior etc. A lot can change though, so we'll see what happens)

Last edited:

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX

carbon panels (hood, roof, front fenders), adjustable motorsports suspension, different trans (either upgraded ZF8 or motorsport 7AT), tuned exhaust, aero, bigger brakes, 430-450hp, weight reduced to ~3000lbs.

Likely cost, ~80k USD

(As I said, many things in common with the GT4 but with the obvious differences you'd expect—full interior etc. A lot can change though, so we'll see what happens)
Wide body or wider fenders maybe?

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Think Corvette Z06 wide fenders and not rocket bunny wide body, friend. Don’t worry I don’t want it to be ricey either lol.

The 3000GT Concept is perfect imo. A little over the top maybe with the aero but those fenders are niceeee

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I have a theory they designed the door add-on piece as a way to provide a factory wide body without needing to produce 2 sets of complete doors. Instead there will be a different door piece that flows into a wider rear panel

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX

Likely cost, ~80k USD

Will the screen be blocked on the Supra like it is on the GRMN 86?

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
I have a theory they designed the door add-on piece as a way to provide a factory wide body without needing to produce 2 sets of complete doors. Instead there will be a different door piece that flows into a wider rear panel
I would have preferred different doors. Far too much of a trade off for most for a minor benefit for a very select few.

If I’m dropping what most widebody kits cost, the cost of new door paneling isn’t going to break me.

mande110

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
na
@A70TTR When do you think we will see this car? From what I can tell it seems like this will be released around this time next year. Is that accurate?

mande110

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
na
Thanks for being so transparent. It makes waiting less difficult haha