Toyota Supra and BMW Z4 Sales Figures

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Idk if this is true or not, but some youtubers are saying a number of 2021 owners had their whole eninge replaced becaue of the oil issue.
It’s very true. I was at my local Toyota dealership today and my advisor was telling me about 2021 owners popping in about low oil level issues and how he is working with them there are bearing issues. TSB coming out soon.
Sponsored

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
It’s very true. I was at my local Toyota dealership today and my advisor was telling me about 2021 owners popping in about low oil level issues and how he is working with them there are bearing issues. TSB coming out soon.
Oh boy, supraforums will have a field day with this. :p?

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
We need to add another line item to the tables that include junkyard entries per month. ?

The used parts market will be golden for decades to come.

- RJM

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
We need to add another line item to the tables that include junkyard entries per month. ?

The used parts market will be golden for decades to come.

- RJM
It's unbelievable how seemingly easy it is to total a Supra. There is a possible good side. The A90 has a chance at becoming a collectable at the rate these cars are getting posted onto the totaled Supra thread. Hopefully there were not many fatalities with those wrecks.

delita1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Z4 M40i, 2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Ha I'd hate to see this especially if you're on a 21 using a piggyback and some bolt ons, god forbid BMW/Toyota blamed you and say you've voided your warranty and they aren't going to help.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Ha I'd hate to see this especially if you're on a 21 using a piggyback and some bolt ons, god forbid BMW/Toyota blamed you and say you've voided your warranty and they aren't going to help.
My advisor says he will work with modded cars and etc. no need to worry. Just be honest with them and etc

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat

CSUfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS400
So in the first quarter of 2021, the a90 sits at 1,725 sales, having a monster of a March. If these figures hold up for quarters 2-4, it would put the a90 at ~6,900 sales. Here’s a quote from A70TTR from 2019 on the first page:
12,000 per year for N.A. was the goal last I heard, but that may have been wishful thinking lol. IIRC, they wanted to do 6000 this year, but looking like it's only gonna be like 5k overall.
Looking at that almost 2 years later, we know that goal of 12,000 isn’t happening of course. Even if the Supra replicated March 2021 (the strongest month to date for the a90), sales numbers for an entire year, it would still come up about 2k short.

What I do find interesting though is that sales remain steady. The a90 may never be a Camry or RAV4, or Mustang/Corvette for that matter when it comes to sales, but it should be noted that based on how 2021 has gone, they are on their way to surpassing 6k sales for this year.

I know A70TTR references that the car was “only gonna be like 5k overall” for “this year” (which means he was referencing what would eventually become the 2020 sales figures)... but I am very curious as to how Toyota and it’s Bean counters are looking at this. Car isn’t doing as well as their most optimistic (and I would say, unrealistic) projections, but it certainly hasn't been a flop either.

I think we ALL want to see an a100, whether it be gas, hybrid or electric. But I am curious if internally, Toyota is considering an a100 based on their projections and the sales so far.