Toyota Supra and BMW Z4 Sales Figures

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
How long did they say they were going to produce the Supra this time?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
So what you're saying is that the 2026 supra is the one everyone on this forum is going to try and steal from each other
Huge speculation but towards the end, tools may be not as well maintained... i mean these things have refurbishment schedules & lifespan for sure but ever since covid I think all quality & quality checks have gone to shit.

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silverado, S1000R, A91-MT
Huge speculation but towards the end, tools may be not as well maintained... i mean these things have refurbishment schedules & lifespan for sure but ever since covid I think all quality & quality checks have gone to shit.
I've been in manufacturing for a long time and worked with many people from automotive (some from Toyota and suppliers for Toyota). Products on the production line are constantly checked for tolerances. Automotive manufacturing is really big on efficiency and good use of time. Toyota in particular is huge on quality, so they will not send out parts that don't meet spec. It's incredibly expensive for a company to have to do recalls on parts and takes away from production of other things.

That's a very broad stroke description of the level of scrutiny

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I've been in manufacturing for a long time and worked with many people from automotive (some from Toyota and suppliers for Toyota). Products on the production line are constantly checked for tolerances. Automotive manufacturing is really big on efficiency and good use of time. Toyota in particular is huge on quality, so they will not send out parts that don't meet spec. It's incredibly expensive for a company to have to do recalls on parts and takes away from production of other things.

Donā€™t forget they invented the TPS which is the golden standard for manufacturing.

-RJM

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

I hear you, I'm in the industry as well. These are built in Magna. Regardless, with shortages I do hear and see compromises...
Those Cpk values are not what they used to be, at least in early/mid covid era. Still shortages.....Yet again molds are molds.. anyhow whatever. I did say speculation. I'm not going to talk for certain for thousands of suppliers, cavities, material batches, millions of parts.

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silverado, S1000R, A91-MT
I hear you, I'm in the industry as well. These are built in Magna. Regardless, with shortages I do hear and see compromises...
Those Cpk values are not what they used to be, at least in early/mid covid era. Still shortages.....Yet again molds are molds.. anyhow whatever. I did say speculation. I'm not going to talk for certain for thousands of suppliers, cavities, material batches, millions of parts.
Valid point. I guess only time will tell if they compromise or hold up. Either way, we should all enjoy what we've got now, before there are 0 exhaust noises to be heard.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Valid point. I guess only time will tell if they compromise or hold up. Either way, we should all enjoy what we've got now, before there are 0 exhaust noises to be heard.
Amen to thatā€¦the bumper car era is upon us.

-RJM

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Damn, I canā€™t imagine Toyota is proud of that number for ā€˜22. ā€˜21 will likely be their best year, unless a miracle happens this year.
The car is approaching the midlife cycle. It's par the course.