Toyota Supra Connect app for Android now available (2021-07-26)

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
From what I heard the vent option does not turn on the ac. Just circulates hot air....
Yep. The compressor is belt driven, thus can't be on. Only cool air you'd get would be from what's left in the evap and pipes if at all...
Sponsored

mrd

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2021 3.0 Premium
new ios app looks like shit :thumbsdown:

Mk5upra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 05 Sti, 06 r53, 04 sti, 03 g35, 00 s500
From what I heard the vent option does not turn on the ac. Just circulates hot air....
I just tested it sitting inside the car now. You are right, it only circulates the air. Previous test was standing outside looking into the car. That's when I notice that the a/c light was on, but guess that was because the a/c was already turned on before turning the car off.

Guess I'm stuck with hot leather. :)

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I just tested it sitting inside the car now. You are right, it only circulates the air. Previous test was standing outside looking into the car. That's when I notice that the a/c light was on, but guess that was because the a/c was already turned on before turning the car off.

Good ceramic tint helps with this.

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
I hope this gets us one step closer to remote start. I can't believe this wasn't standard on a car at this price point.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Good find! Thanks

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
It currently has a rating of 1.9 stars with 50 reviews on the Apple App store

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
hanswurst24

hanswurst24

First Name
Hendrik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3.0

Would say "warm leather" ( :D ), because even just venting air from outside the car into the cabin helps a bit. Didn't drive much this year, but used the venting last summer with 30-40 °C outside. Sure, it wasn't cool when I arrived, but at least it was cooler than without ventilation. Even the leather was ok'ish. After taking off A/C on, windows down for a minute and everything was fine.

I hope this gets us one step closer to remote start. I can't believe this wasn't standard on a car at this price point.
Nope, remote start is not on the horizon.

fend3r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Honestly not impressed with this..!
Was excited to see this but just not as convenient as it could be..

supralicious

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra MK V
Well let me also give my statement to the latest Supra Connect application…
Briefly in advance the positive changes: The app has become much more modern, tidier and functional, as important functions can now be accessed much faster. Unfortunately, the update brought just as many negative changes: Some functions seem to have been discreetly rationalized away. For example, the fuel level no longer updates automatically. Likewise, calendar synchronization no longer exists, which means that destinations are no longer taken from the calendar. Likewise, the range radius for the current tank filling is no longer displayed on the map. Last but not least, vehicle location takes significantly longer than in the "legacy" variant of this app. It's disappointing that Toyota is phasing out features on such a premium vehicle instead of expanding them further or even adding new ones. Too bad!
Sponsored