Toyota Supra Spied with Production Bumper, Side Vents and Wheels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Completely agree. I am happy with a Supra I can't afford if it is fighting the old rivals - 911s, GT-Rs, NSX.

I'd love to see the GRMN model taking them on, albeit with the lightweight ethos
Sponsored

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Not sure what everyone's taste is in vehicles here, but its an ugly car. They compressed a design that kind or worked on a large, long, wide platform and put it on a narrow short chasis. The front bowed fenders integrating into the bulbous hood simply doesn't work well. This is truly upsetting on what could have been. Ill hold off buying until I can find a decent salvage title. Tisk tisk Toyota.
Taste is personal, but you will be in the minority on this forum in not liking the design...if you don't like it don't buy one, more for us...

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 Honda Civic
Thank you for posting this. Some people just don't understand that certain things = $$$$. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I can't afford a $100k+ Supra. I'll gladly take a scaled back version for half of the cost.
I so agree with this. Honestly, if the base model will have a 248 horsepower turbo four, I'll GLADLY take that. I drive a lightly modified 2004 Civic right not, and my next car I would like to be in the $25k-$35k range. Ideally, if the base Supra lands around $32k with that turbo 4, I'll be a happy man.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I so agree with this. Honestly, if the base model will have a 248 horsepower turbo four, I'll GLADLY take that. I drive a lightly modified 2004 Civic right not, and my next car I would like to be in the $25k-$35k range. Ideally, if the base Supra lands around $32k with that turbo 4, I'll be a happy man.
eh, very difficult to see it being only a $7 K premium especially before taxes above the 86.. I'm assuming the base model will still cost at least $40 K after taxes, which itself is a $10 K discount off the current base Z4..though admittedly everything hinted so far is pointing to a $50-70 K range of base + higher trims

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 Honda Civic
eh, very difficult to see it being only a $7 K premium especially before taxes above the 86.. I'm assuming the base model will still cost at least $40 K after taxes, which itself is a $10 K discount off the current base Z4..though admittedly everything hinted so far is pointing to a $50-70 K range of base + higher trims
Yeah, I agree. Just being a hopeful college student before life kills all my hopes and dreams, haha.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
The camo pics are a bit deceiving. If the FT1 looks that small next to a MKIV, I can’t imagine the production version looking any smaller. The FT1 is sexy asf!!

31380_ABE_09_A2_41_B4_A797_97_D56_E8_F489_D.jpg

062458_CD_4_CFF_43_A9_961_B_A060728746_BA.jpg

Blupra

First Name
Blu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2 and Honda S2000 - both 6MT
I would hope the base model or ‘248 hp turbo 4’ model starts well below $40k. The BMW 230 starts at $34k and I think it would be tough to sell a BMW powered Toyota with the same engine for considerably more.

Similarly the 240 starts about $46k and the M2 at $53k with the 6cy turbos. How is Toyota going to get people to pay MORE for a Toyota with the same engine as a BMW?

I understand the value in a Toyota, and that it’s going to be lighter, and the hot new thing... but I don’t think it can get much more expensive than a similarly engined BMW. If anything, the Toyota should cost less than the BMW.

From my understanding the last Z4 sold the 4cy turbo starting at $49k and the 6 turbo around $65. I think the Supra has to be at/under those number to sell well, but closer to the 2 series number is what I’m hoping for.

Of course this all depends on a lot of things we don’t know yet.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
It still looks like they’re covering the side vent? When I zoom in, it looks like they’re still trying to hide something.

My guess is that the door dips in and the vent goes in past the door, not in the door
Excuse the fast Paint job, but maybe it will be like this? :dunno:

closeup.jpg

print.jpg

Last edited:

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
While Toyota may not be able to charge the brand premium BMW can, there is still a premium they will charge for a sports car over a similarly powered sedan.

One example of that premium: Audi S3 is $46900 CAD, TTS is $63400, same engine, same power.

Hopefully the sports car premium for the Supra will be balanced by its lack of a BMW premium so the base model Supra winds up costing about the same as a BMW 230i.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Has anyone seen the video of this white Supra....looks the a close version although the front nose is different....note the hood nostrils... maybe it another old photoshop creation...

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Has anyone seen the video of this white Supra....looks the correct version....note the hood nostrils... maybe it another old photoshop creation...

it is an updated version of a render that has seen multiple iterations over the years...iirc it was actually a LFA that kept progressively getting photoshopped over

the original
1502065124210091.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.