Toyota Supra Spied with Production Bumper, Side Vents and Wheels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blupra

First Name
Blu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2 and Honda S2000 - both 6MT
No he didn't.

A70 just said road bumps are a bitch.

:)
His comments made me think front axel lift? Or is that too high end of a feature for this price point?

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I love the wide rear hips! Also I can't wait until those nasty BMW mirrors are gone.

decryphe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1984 AE86 Trueno GT-Apex 2-door, and a Camry
Not sure if they added these later, but you can see that LED light strip on the bottom the the headlight wonder why it’s yellow though? From motor1.com.

C120A9F2-BFA4-42AF-9389-17CFE0538137.jpeg
I start to like this car a lot. Just replace this ugly constipated frown with the plain bumper of the MKIV and it's pretty much perfect. The lights are great as is, but it needs a proper "mouth" to go with them, or something plain up front. Silhouette is great and the diffuser looks rather nice. No idea if the rear lights will look good when the camo is dropped for a proper paintjob.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Was thinking about the same thing.
Front looks aggressive.
Rear looks perfect.
Side looks sleek.
2/3 view looks like the window side profile was cut with a knife and that there is no rear boot, giving a rather bad design... But its because of the body size limitations. After all lets not forget its a 2 seater Z4 roadster platform.
* Also note in the angle below! Front nose F1-style "bump" is not as intense as most renders speculated due to the misleading heavy camo. It is rather smooth.
2018-toyota-supra-spy-photo-with-less-camo_6.jpg

But generally it looks much better than i expected.
I think the camo and angle also plays tricks on the eye. Here is their rendering of the side profile.

2018_11.jpg

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
anyone else notice that nose bump is almost completely gone? or at the very least been reduced. So glad they did that. Also how about that fender vent! looks functional too!

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
anyone else notice that nose bump is almost completely gone? or at the very least been reduced. So glad they did that. Also how about that fender vent! looks functional too!
Its been tone down compared to the concept, but its still there. I think the front plate is also covering a part of it as well.

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
Its been tone down compared to the concept, but its still there. I think the front plate is also covering apart of it as well.
Another thing I noticed unless the camo is just doing a really good job, but the hood seems wide and plain. I would hope the final product has a bit more character to it. As of right now it reminds me of a egg shell. It could surely use more lines.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Another thing I noticed unless the camo is just doing a really good job, but the hood seems wide and plain. I would hope the final product has a bit more character to it. As of right now it reminds me of a egg shell. It could surely use more lines.
I completely agree, so far the font end is just meh... I may get some backlash from this, but I didn't really care for the front of the FT-1. I have a feeling like with the MKIV, the best view of this car will also be from the side and rear. I do hope Toyota proves me wrong.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
We'll have a better idea when there are more straight side shots, but here is how it compares to the FT1.

2018-toyota-supra-spy-photo-with-less-camo_6.jpg

Toyota-FT-1-Concept-side-view-on-road.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.