TPMS for the Supra

First Name
Braden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2023 MT 3.0 (on the way)
Appreciate the help guys. I reached out to the seller and let him know what was up. He said that the TPMS must have been taken off when he got the tires dismounted? Strange...

But he claims that he's sending me factory TPMS and some extra cashhh to get them installed. Hopefully no more issues. :bat:
Sponsored

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV

Hey @Afterfire! Were you able to order them? How were they?
Did they get detected automatically? The site shows part numbers 42607WAA02 and 42607WAA01 so assuming no issues?

$139's not bad for a set of 4 already :thumbsup:

***Mention You Are From The Forum For The Best Deals***
Check Out The*All NEW BD-F25

Phone: (818) 362-2300
E-Mail: [email protected]

Click here and visit our pages
IG: @BDWheels
FB:
/BlaqueDiamondWheels

TeaTango

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Absolute Zero '21 Supra 3.0 premium

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Whenever you get a chance I would love an update on these. I'll need to purchase some of these as well soon when the new wheels are delivered and this could save a good chunk of money if they work.
search on e-bay for 42607-WAA01 or 42607-WAA02. I've been using it without an issue.

Gearbangin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 175/1500 2007 TRD Edition FJ Cruiser/Lifted/Murdered out 2016 NT 200T F Sport 2019 RCF Anniversary Edition Matte Nebula Gray
I just had my mans shut them and airbag lights off. Makes it easy for switching up sets of wheels.

Afterfire

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2006 S2000, 2013 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Hey @Afterfire! Were you able to order them? How were they?
Did they get detected automatically? The site shows part numbers 42607WAA02 and 42607WAA01 so assuming no issues?

$139's not bad for a set of 4 already :thumbsup:

***Mention You Are From The Forum For The Best Deals***
Check Out The*All NEW BD-F25

Phone: (818) 362-2300
E-Mail: [email protected]

Click here and visit our pages
IG: @BDWheels
FB:
/BlaqueDiamondWheels
Whenever you get a chance I would love an update on these. I'll need to purchase some of these as well soon when the new wheels are delivered and this could save a good chunk of money if they work.
Sorry, I was waiting 2.5mo for HKS springs to get to me but putting everything on tonight. Will update about the TPMS.

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
Toyota part # for the TPM sensor is 42607WAA01 and it's a 315MHz system. They seem to price higher than BMW but maybe you can get a discount online. BMW has both 315MHz and 433MHz systems and I couldn't get a good confirmation on the BMW equivalent part # (online BMW part catalog that had included Supra is offline).

If going aftermarket make sure it's 315MHz. Here is what TireRack offers:

https://www.tirerack.com/tpms/detai...autoModel=GR+Supra&autoYear=2020&autoModClar=

The car will be able to relearn new sensors -- look for a relearn/reset procedure in iDrive then go for a short drive on a curvy road or make a lot of turns. Accelerometers in the sensors will help the car sort out which sensor is on which wheel as you make turns. The whole process takes a few minutes.
"Depending on the type of TPMS system the vehicle is equipped with, it will require one of two different frequency sensors. Either a 315 MHz sensor or a 433 MHz sensor will be needed. The two are not interchangeable. You will need to install a sensor with the correct frequency which corresponds with the system your vehicle is equipped with. 433 MHz sensors are generally used for "High Line" systems which will usually have some kind of display in the vehicle where each tire pressure is is shown and it's location. 315 MHz sensor will generally be used for systems that only trigger a light on the dash with no display of which tire is low or how much pressure it currently contains; however, there are several exceptions to these rules."
https://www.newparts.com/articles/how-to-install-the-huf-intellisens-universal-senso

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
only difference between 42607-WAA01 & 42607-WAA02 is 42607-WAA01 has 315 Mhz addition to 433 Mhz. In other word, both are 433 Mhz and both will work as same. I know because I have one set of tire on 42607-WAA01 and the other /w 42607-WAA02. Initially, I installed 42607-WAA02 and then I realized that automatic tire recognition doesn't work. however, using manual, all were fine. and then I had to replace the other set so I went /w 42607-WAA01 thinking missing 315 Mhz was issue. However, even using 42607-WAA01, only manual worked.

so, Both will work fine and i haven't found reason to use 42607-WAA01 over 42607-WAA02 or vice versa.

as for automatic recognition of the tire, as I understand, dealer needs to read QR code from tire and then program it into the car. this will link the TPMS to the tire mounted on that rim to know what tire is mounted. therefore nothing can be done from consumer side to make the wheel recognized automatically. And for me, I'm fine with using manual setting.

Afterfire

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2006 S2000, 2013 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
They all worked as hoped. The notification came on shortly after driving to reset the sensors, I reset and they all work. Nice victory for a cheaper tpms option.

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
"Depending on the type of TPMS system the vehicle is equipped with, it will require one of two different frequency sensors. Either a 315 MHz sensor or a 433 MHz sensor will be needed. The two are not interchangeable. You will need to install a sensor with the correct frequency which corresponds with the system your vehicle is equipped with. 433 MHz sensors are generally used for "High Line" systems which will usually have some kind of display in the vehicle where each tire pressure is is shown and it's location. 315 MHz sensor will generally be used for systems that only trigger a light on the dash with no display of which tire is low or how much pressure it currently contains; however, there are several exceptions to these rules."
https://www.newparts.com/articles/how-to-install-the-huf-intellisens-universal-senso
Bottom line, The Supra needs TPMS valves using the Euro spec 433MHz frequency to display individual tire pressures.

Last edited:

D-VO

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra (a91) Tungsten
I bought the intellesens 433hz sensors for my 2021. These didn't work. Drove the car for 10 miles then got a TPM malfunction message.

Attachments

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV