Mooner

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1989 Mazda Rx7, BMW X3
Rather than start a new thread...

Does anyone know if I'll see any ill effects, beyond a tire pressure warning, if I don't have TPMS sensors in my snow wheels? I'm not at all concerned about actual tire pressure, because I'm fairly meticulous about checking that.

I am concerned about whether a TPMS absence will cause problems with traction control, stability control, etc. I'm not sure how interconnected or invasive these systems are.
No there is no problem driving without TPMS other than bearing with the warning light. The TCS and other electronic systems are not interconnected with tpms. So no worries.
Sponsored

Mr. Kurtz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1981 Toyota Celica GT Sunchaser, 2020 Toyota Supra Premium
No there is no problem driving without TPMS other than bearing with the warning light. The TCS and other electronic systems are not interconnected with tpms. So no worries.
Excellent, thanks.

trakday

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
1969 Camaro Z/28 Trans Am race car, 2011 E92 M3 GTS, 1997 E36 M3 race car, 2020 GR SUPRA, 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss
im going to bump this thread. I ordered aftermarket wheels today and would also like to know if anyone has the correct info on the TPMS? Thank you greatly!

KingTai

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I really hate these TPMS...is there something in the market where we can see our TP from each wheel? I hate those valve cap TPMS.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
I really hate these TPMS...is there something in the market where we can see our TP from each wheel? I hate those valve cap TPMS.
im confused. What do you mean is there something in the works to see tire pressure? maybe i missed a prior post, but the system in the Supra gives you pretty much real time pressure and temp

bryanole27

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
What am I missing here...why aren't people just moving the TPMS from the stocks to their aftermarkets? Is that not an option on the Supra? I'm in the market for wheels, but I don't want any lights or bullshit like that.

KingTai

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
im confused. What do you mean is there something in the works to see tire pressure? maybe i missed a prior post, but the system in the Supra gives you pretty much real time pressure and temp
I hate how you have to drive a certain distance when reading the tire pressure in the supra. Also when I did the process of driving about a mile, the TP was 48 psi which is way too high. I let out a good amount of air and redid the process yet again and the TP pressure was still 48 psi. I liked how in other cars I can just see my TP in my gauge cluster right away without driving a certain amount of distance. Maybe I'm too picky and also not sure if my TPMS is broken because it keeps reading 48PSI though I'm let out air.
Not looking for something in the works but seeing if there's an aftermarket TPMS that doesn't have an ugly valve cap.
ARB-TPMS_Monitor1.jpg

Ale81

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350
What am I missing here...why aren't people just moving the TPMS from the stocks to their aftermarkets? Is that not an option on the Supra? I'm in the market for wheels, but I don't want any lights or bullshit like that.
I suppose one could move the existing TPMS sensors between wheels. The set up I have on my current RC and will have when my Supra comes in is to have the factory set of summer tires/wheels and another set of dedicated winter tires/wheels with their own sensors. Unlike the RC, I think the Supra will allow you to switch between two different sets of sensors for this purpose. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong since I don't have the car yet but I think I read somewhere where this is possible.

Fast_Freddie

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Gray Premium, 2005 Evo VIII
Vehicle Showcase
So, ran over the smallest nail in existence and had to get a patch plug this morning... figured i would snap a pic of the TPMS sensor since a lot of people have been asking about it... here is the pic and i will link below a Wurth cross reference manual with OEM part numbers as well... P/N on the TPMS sensor is 6877936-04 so that crosses to Toyota OEM P/N 42607WAA02 which is a 433mhz sensor, not a 315mhz like everyone has been saying... So a little clarity on TPMS sensors for everyone

http://ca.wurthtpms.com/upload/Wurth TPMS Application Chart Firmware Version 4.2.pdf

EB478B5D-BD62-4424-8E70-8C0D121330FD.jpeg

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
So, ran over the smallest nail in existence and had to get a patch plug this morning... figured i would snap a pic of the TPMS sensor since a lot of people have been asking about it... here is the pic and i will link below a Wurth cross reference manual with OEM part numbers as well... P/N on the TPMS sensor is 6877936-04 so that crosses to Toyota OEM P/N 42607WAA02 which is a 433mhz sensor, not a 315mhz like everyone has been saying... So a little clarity on TPMS sensors for everyone

http://ca.wurthtpms.com/upload/Wurth TPMS Application Chart Firmware Version 4.2.pdf

EB478B5D-BD62-4424-8E70-8C0D121330FD.jpeg

Saw your post and screen shot it to post here. Good stuff bro

trakday

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
1969 Camaro Z/28 Trans Am race car, 2011 E92 M3 GTS, 1997 E36 M3 race car, 2020 GR SUPRA, 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss
So I just got my new rims installed, COULD NOT use the TPMS I ordered from TIRERACK specifically for our cars because IT DIDNT FIT ON MY FORGELINES. The sensor doesn't sit flush touching the inner rim barrel. We came to the conclusion that the OEM rim has more material in the inner barrel (thickness) FORGELINE uses a thinner material but Forged obviously for weight saving. So end result is no TPMS.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
So, today I tried my new compressor and AstroAI digital gauge.
First, I realize that either the gauge or TPMS on Supra is wrong. I had to set it to 39psi on the gauge for Supra to read 37.
Secondly, 3 tires went smoothly, but the front left tire gave me trouble. With the gauge, going up in psi in slow increments got up to 39 and stopped.
Like the rest and to be 100% sure, I kept checking the dash and counted how many seconds after Supra shows a change and for this front left, I keep waiting waiting, it went up to 38. Then I released air, again slowly going down. no changes until it read 36!
I continued on to put air in it, slowly. Gauge reads 38, Supra 36. Gauge up to 39, Supra 36.
Then I said f it and I'll trust the gauge as the rest of the tires at 39 showed 37 on Supra.
Anyhow, sharing my frustration.
Does anyone have similar frustrations?

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
Both frequencies have been spec'd for the Supra and there are two different Toyota part numbers that are available. Recent model BMWs can come with either frequency. I replied in the other thread with more info.
Sponsored