Track your Supra Status

Patches

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0
Hmm, was your dealership perhaps in close proximity to the port?
I think supras either come in from Long Beach, CA or Newark, NJ depending on which side of US
I bought it from a dealer in Winchester, VA which is like an hour or so west of DC.
Sponsored

Zoomie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 RSX, 2021 4Runner, 2023 GR Supra 3.0MT
I have a sneaking suspicion that we Canadians have an easier time getting MSRP, and we also have shorter wait times. The car is obviously more expensive here because of the exchange, and sports cars are a bit less popular than in somewhere like SoCal because we have 3-5 months where we can't really drive a RWD on slicks.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I have a sneaking suspicion that we Canadians have an easier time getting MSRP, and we also have shorter wait times. The car is obviously more expensive here because of the exchange, and sports cars are a bit less popular than in somewhere like SoCal because we have 3-5 months where we can't really drive a RWD on slicks.
We do. Technically dealers here aren't allowed to sell above msrp unless they tack on a bunch of extras or dealer buys it and sells it used.

I think the car costs more in the states. A fully speced one with driver assist and trink mat in the US is around $60k USD before taxes. Ours comes with everything fully loaded and I'm SK with taxes comes to around $68k CAD.

Dsmcub

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
11’ speed 3, 08’ fg2, awaiting my 23’ manual supra
Yes they aren't limited edition or special. They're still technically a "mass produced" vehicle.
Mass produced is kinda a stretch though since they produced around 10% of how many c8’s rolled off for 23’ which was about 38,000 units. I think the American market had right around 3200 supras slated for us.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mass produced is kinda a stretch though since they produced around 10% of how many c8’s rolled off for 23’ which was about 38,000 units. I think the American market had right around 3200 supras slated for us.
That's why I put it in quotations. Its not hand built or special models. They're aren't numbered. It's still technically a average person's car made on a production line.

valiantpoe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1986 K5 Blazer, 2019 VW Sportwagen, 2023 Supra MT
Any updates from those who are waiting on their cars in this thread?

New forum member here-- currently waiting on my Nocturnal 3.0 Premium MT that's gotten pushed back twice now.. Current dealer delivery window estimate is 9/21-9/26.

Stick45

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Palisade
Have hope! I was in the same boat. Kept getting pushed back and back. I think my final arrival date was sometime in September, but a couple of weeks ago, I got a call out of the blue saying that the car was going to arrive at my dealer the next day. Totally unexpected.

by the way, my allotment was also a 3.0 MT black, which is not what wanted (I wanted blue), but it’s totally a sick color!

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Posted this in the other tracking thread:

...now in the last hour the estimated delivery has changed to 09/17-10/20. So with any luck it's getting on a train soon.

valiantpoe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1986 K5 Blazer, 2019 VW Sportwagen, 2023 Supra MT
Have hope! I was in the same boat. Kept getting pushed back and back. I think my final arrival date was sometime in September, but a couple of weeks ago, I got a call out of the blue saying that the car was going to arrive at my dealer the next day. Totally unexpected.

by the way, my allotment was also a 3.0 MT black, which is not what wanted (I wanted blue), but it’s totally a sick color!
Good to know! Beyond excited for mine to come in-- can't wait for a third pedal under my left foot again. My estimate got pushed again (now at 9/30-10/5). I'll be happy if it arrives before snow falls at this point.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Posted this in the other tracking thread:

...now in the last hour the estimated delivery has changed to 09/17-10/20. So with any luck it's getting on a train soon.

This morning my estimated delivery changed to 09/30-11/02.

A lot of us already know this, but the estimates are useless. I'll continue to post them so future owners can get yet another sample of what to expect with the process, and so I can continue to torture myself with "what if it's actually accurate with my car, so I better check 10 times a day".

As an aside: I was contemplating why (actual) BMW car deliveries seem to go more smoothly. My guess? BMW spends more money on the logistics top to bottom. So the estimates can be more accurate, and the time to delivery can be quicker when more money is spent on the freight. IDK. Just a guess.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
About a week ago my estimated delivery changed to 09/29-10/04. This morning the date vanished, then an hour later my sales person reached out to let me know the car arrived. They got no heads up that it was on its way.

Making the trip to pick it up tomorrow :)

IMG_7178.jpeg

ryansb11

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 GR Supra 45th Anniversary Edition-MT
I heard from my dealership yesterday that they were allocated a 2024 45th anniversary Absolute Zero for me! Yes!!! It should be here by Halloween. But, I can't check the exact status because the toyota tracker is down. Any ideas if it's coming back up?

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
I heard from my dealership yesterday that they were allocated a 2024 45th anniversary Absolute Zero for me! Yes!!! It should be here by Halloween. But, I can't check the exact status because the toyota tracker is down. Any ideas if it's coming back up?
If they think it’ll be there by end of October it would probably need to be in the country by now.

Use the inventory search on Toyota.com and find the car that’s allocated to your dealer. If it’s getting close to delivery there should be some estimated availability dates shown.

Alternatively the sales person can look it up with their tracker.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
About a week ago my estimated delivery changed to 09/29-10/04. This morning the date vanished, then an hour later my sales person reached out to let me know the car arrived. They got no heads up that it was on its way.

Making the trip to pick it up tomorrow :)

IMG_7178.jpeg
Damn that parking. Doesn't look like it hopefully they didn't scratch up the bottom already.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Damn that parking. Doesn't look like it hopefully they didn't scratch up the bottom already.
Yeah. Garbage parking for sure. With any luck that curb isn’t high enough to have done any damage.
Sponsored