Trunk open notification

Lorryb

First Name
Lorry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra 3.0 premium
I just had my windows tinted in 2022 supra and when they were finished my trunk open notification stays on, trunk interior lights stay on and my car does not Beep when locking. Anyone know if there is a switch or something that they might have pushed on the remote?
Sponsored

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
I'm gonna ask a stupid question, but since no one has chimed in...

Are you sure the trunk is actually closed? I know, it's ridiculous. But if the trunk has been opened but is left down then opening and closing a door will cause a little air pressure to tug down on trunk. So the trunk will look closed, act closed, etc.. but if you go back and push on it it will wiggle a little bit because it's not closed closed. Add insult to injury it's closed enough to have latched so you literally have to open an open trunk to close it.

OP
OP

Lorryb

First Name
Lorry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra 3.0 premium
I have opened it and closed it several times,pushed and pulled on it to make it is actually closed. I am not sure how to remove the trunk lid completely but have pushed down on it to make it wasnt sticking up. i cant think of anything else. Still waiting for the tint guys to get back with me, i know they have little tricks that they do when tinting ie. Keeping the windows rolled up completely.
i appreciate your response and i will double check everything again..

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I have opened it and closed it several times,pushed and pulled on it to make it is actually closed. I am not sure how to remove the trunk lid completely but have pushed down on it to make it wasnt sticking up. i cant think of anything else. Still waiting for the tint guys to get back with me, i know they have little tricks that they do when tinting ie. Keeping the windows rolled up completely.
i appreciate your response and i will double check everything again..
Adjust the little bump stops for the hatch. Maybe they twisted them and raised them on you. If you lower them slightly it should fix the problem.

-RJM

atx_a90

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Hyundai Kona N
I had this same issue, the glow in the dark release handle was loose. There should be a little clip for that handle on the hatch. Make sure its secured properly. Ive havent had this happen to me since I did this.

OP
OP

Lorryb

First Name
Lorry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra 3.0 premium
I checked everything again and the emergency release handle was just a little crooked. Straightened it and its all fixed.. thanks everyone for your responses! Much appreciated

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)

AP1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR
Recently I experienced the same issue in my 2021 Supra. It is still under warranty, thus I brought it to dealer service. They requested to leave it overnight, likely to diagnose with assistance from BMW factory support located in Europe (in the morning hours). In the end they decided to replace lock mechanism. It took another overnight stay for them to order and receive the replacement lock. That solved the issue - no more alarm, but total 3 days without car.
Sponsored