Tuning a 2021 with locked ECU

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
LOL!!!!! I hear you. Just waiting on a good deal. Local dealer has a non-premium 3.0 for a helluva deal (been sitting on the lot forever) but I just can't give up the Apple car play!! One of the things i have grown to love in my Stinger and I refuse to get anything else that doesn't have it. I have found a couple of Premiums that were right there on my "line drawn in the sand" price point. Losing two doors is not an issue whatsoever. Will have to work a little harder on the dealers......lol
Yeah definitely keep hunting for a premium if you want that special warm feeling inside. Car play is obviously important to you but on another note, you'll forget the ole girl kia as soon as you pick this babe up!
Sponsored

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Yeah definitely keep hunting for a premium if you want that special warm feeling inside. Car play is obviously important to you but on another note, you'll forget the ole girl kia as soon as you pick this babe up!
The new 22my Stinger GT is getting second looks but now that I have the Supra "bug", I wake up with "Supra on the brain"...LOL

OP
OP

Shay

First Name
Shay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium White
After reading all the information on Piggyback Tunes, I ordered the JB4 today for my non tunable 3.0. I Installed a Function Werk Catless DP yesterday and am looking forward to seeing how the JB4 performs.

DatBassTho

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ram 1500
The new 22my Stinger GT is getting second looks but now that I have the Supra "bug", I wake up with "Supra on the brain"...LOL
Man I feel that.... Im still plotting my purchase. Even got the insurance quote this week and it's better coverage than my paid off car and somehow $10 for 6 months. Wtf is that nonsense.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Man I feel that.... Im still plotting my purchase. Even got the insurance quote this week and it's better coverage than my paid off car and somehow $10 for 6 months. Wtf is that nonsense.
Did the same before I took the test drives. Called my agent and got the info sent to my phone. Technology is AWESOME!!(sometimes..lol)

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
After reading all the information on Piggyback Tunes, I ordered the JB4 today for my non tunable 3.0. I Installed a Function Werk Catless DP yesterday and am looking forward to seeing how the JB4 performs.
Not sure about the B58 programmed jb4 but there are settings in the "custom" section for adding specific mods. This auto-adjusts some of the parameters in the logic to compensate for things like catless DP's.

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
literally having this same issue but bootmod caught it. Crazy thing is ive hit up everyone from @Titan Motorsports @Kies Motorsports @AMSPerformance an 3 others about getting this thing unlocked an sadly not one single response. I know its Monday an you have stuff from the weekend but I mean a sale is a sale. So far @protuningfreaks says they do it for free (id imagine you have to have already purchased bootmod3 to get it for free) but more worried about sending to Canada then anything else because god forbid anything happen an im screwed with just a 3800lbs paperweight in storage. I hope the 20-4-20 is a date...if so then I hope all they did was just a reflash because bootmod did say I did need a bench unlock so I hope that means it. Never dealt with this when I worked at a Toyota dealer from 06-2016 so new rules I guess.

Just a waiting game now guys an man it really sucks that Toyota/BMW/Bosch did this dirty like this.

IMG_0520.jpeg

kobeecuhz

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
LOL!!!!! I hear you. Just waiting on a good deal. Local dealer has a non-premium 3.0 for a helluva deal (been sitting on the lot forever) but I just can't give up the Apple car play!! One of the things i have grown to love in my Stinger and I refuse to get anything else that doesn't have it. I have found a couple of Premiums that were right there on my "line drawn in the sand" price point. Losing two doors is not an issue whatsoever. Will have to work a little harder on the dealers......lol
Yeah I definitely recommend waiting for a premium at the right price, I rushed into a stinger and ended up settling for a GT instead of waiting for the GT1, all in all I haven't found myself missing my rear seats but that damn cargo space in the stinger is surely missed lol

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
literally having this same issue but bootmod caught it. Crazy thing is ive hit up everyone from @Titan Motorsports @Kies Motorsports @AMSPerformance an 3 others about getting this thing unlocked an sadly not one single response. I know its Monday an you have stuff from the weekend but I mean a sale is a sale. So far @protuningfreaks says they do it for free (id imagine you have to have already purchased bootmod3 to get it for free) but more worried about sending to Canada then anything else because god forbid anything happen an im screwed with just a 3800lbs paperweight in storage. I hope the 20-4-20 is a date...if so then I hope all they did was just a reflash because bootmod did say I did need a bench unlock so I hope that means it. Never dealt with this when I worked at a Toyota dealer from 06-2016 so new rules I guess.

Just a waiting game now guys an man it really sucks that Toyota/BMW/Bosch did this dirty like this
4/20 should be tunable but needs a bench unlocked. I know Titan charges $350 and Iā€™ve seen some places are up to $500.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
I rushed into a stinger and ended up settling for a GT instead of waiting for the GT1, all in all I haven't found myself missing my rear seats but that damn cargo space in the stinger is surely missed lol
Kind of rushed into mine as well which is why I will use every ounce of "patience" to get the Supra I want. Carplay is calling every time i jump in my Stinger......and agree with you on the cargo space. After my test drive, opened the Supra's hatch and immediately said; "what the F***!" That was minor after mashing the gas on the Supra!!!!!!!!;)

I see all the "concern' for the locked ECU's but the last thing I will do is tune it!!!!!1 No need....

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Kies ended up getting me handled. I had to pay for shipping to get it there but they overnighted it back. It was sent Tuesday evening, arrived Wednesday morning at 10:23am and by 2 I got a message from UPS saying I had a shipment arriving at my home again on Thursday?! Now I will say this I was beyond surprised that it was that fast of a turn around but they got it done from me. They charged $250 but since I sent it there over night at $71 an they matched that coming back by paying for it...it was less than 200. Now here's the kicker, im still in my semi truck an have one more delivery before I can get home for my actual vaca (thank god too since been out since New Years) an the car has 223 miles on it.

Now I am breaking it in but im not being a dip $hit about it. Im not hitting 5k but I am getting on it. Back when I worked for Toyota we were even told by the trainers and engineers in Chicago that while the being gentle on the throttle was great...in terms of engine...it never really seats the rings if you dont give it a bit of something...so thats by im bouncing all over the map but doubt ill tune this right away....want to get 500 miles on it before I feel comfy with doing that

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Kies ended up getting me handled. I had to pay for shipping to get it there but they overnighted it back. It was sent Tuesday evening, arrived Wednesday morning at 10:23am and by 2 I got a message from UPS saying I had a shipment arriving at my home again on Thursday?! Now I will say this I was beyond surprised that it was that fast of a turn around but they got it done from me. They charged $250 but since I sent it there over night at $71 an they matched that coming back by paying for it...it was less than 200. Now here's the kicker, im still in my semi truck an have one more delivery before I can get home for my actual vaca (thank god too since been out since New Years) an the car has 223 miles on it.

Now I am breaking it in but im not being a dip $hit about it. Im not hitting 5k but I am getting on it. Back when I worked for Toyota we were even told by the trainers and engineers in Chicago that while the being gentle on the throttle was great...in terms of engine...it never really seats the rings if you dont give it a bit of something...so thats by im bouncing all over the map but doubt ill tune this right away....want to get 500 miles on it before I feel comfy with doing that
Iā€™m glad that Kies took care of you. There is no way in hell I would ship mu ECU anywhere. Too many horror stories of Package Carriers losing ECUs. I would easily pay the premium to have it unlocked by remote method.

-RJM

BMW_YOTA

First Name
joey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra GR
Wait so the 21 are now tunable?
Sponsored