Locked ECU and Bimmercode

Shay

First Name
Shay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium White
I have a 2021 Supra with locked ECU. Will Bimmercode work with the locked ECU? I want to defeated the Active Sound Design along with stopping the default engine off when stopped.

If Bimmercode will work with a locked ECU what OBD adapter do you recommend.

Thanks
Shay
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Can't find the source, it's here somewhere, but because those functions are not under the Body Domain Controller Module, it should work.
I have OBDLink MX+ BT and Enet. For ease of use I've been using OBDLink with no problems.

Supported Adapters: https://bimmercode.app/adapters/

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
Bimmercode will work fine to disable ASD. I have a recent 2021 Supra 3.0 with locked ECU, and Bimmercode works great for coding off ASD, adding daytime brightness control, and a few other things (retention of auto-start setting, turning off iDrive and rear-view camera warnings, etc.)

Felipe3sgte

First Name
Felipe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
OP
OP

Shay

First Name
Shay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium White
Thanks for the helpful replies. I purchased the OBDLink MX+ BT and used Bimmercode. I tried both selecting Supra and BMW Z4 as my vehicle in Bimmercode. I found that selecting BMW Z4 gave more options so that is what I used.
I make the following changes
Turned off Active sound Design
Set the Rt mirror to only to dip to 30 deg.
Removed the initial start Up Warring message.
Enabled screen brightness of the iDrive system during daylight.
Enabled the auto start/stop memory.
Removed the rear view camera warring.
Removed the start up seat belt reminder but retained the driving without belt latched warring.
Enabled video in motion and video from USB.
Enabled displaying full text messages.
Enabled rear view camera zoom.

My biggest problem was that I had to right the changes to the computer almost after each change. I looks like I should be able to make the changes and only save once.

The link below help very much.

https://www.supramkv.com/attachments/bimmercode-user-manual_toyotagrsupra_v1-0-0-pdf.31400/

Shay

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
My biggest problem was that I had to right the changes to the computer almost after each change. I looks like I should be able to make the changes and only save once.
These cars don't have a single computer. They have many, distributed among dozens of systems that all communicate over a couple of different networks. Unfortunately, this requires coding each module separately, as you've discovered.

Congrats on getting this done. While you still remember what you coded, you might want to make a few notes. If your software is ever updated by the dealer, you'll have to recode all these settings. Easier if you've made notes of exactly what you changed.

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
Thanks for the helpful replies. I purchased the OBDLink MX+ BT and used Bimmercode. I tried both selecting Supra and BMW Z4 as my vehicle in Bimmercode. I found that selecting BMW Z4 gave more options so that is what I used.
I make the following changes
Turned off Active sound Design
Set the Rt mirror to only to dip to 30 deg.
Removed the initial start Up Warring message.
Enabled screen brightness of the iDrive system during daylight.
Enabled the auto start/stop memory.
Removed the rear view camera warring.
Removed the start up seat belt reminder but retained the driving without belt latched warring.
Enabled video in motion and video from USB.
Enabled displaying full text messages.
Enabled rear view camera zoom.

The link below help very much.

https://www.supramkv.com/attachments/bimmercode-user-manual_toyotagrsupra_v1-0-0-pdf.31400/

Shay
You did it congrats! I am loving bimmercode!

dwfl

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-CF
Didnt want to create a new thread about this so I will ask the question here. 2022 A91 - is there a risk of bricking the ECU if I code some things with bimmercode?

Got_M

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Didnt want to create a new thread about this so I will ask the question here. 2022 A91 - is there a risk of bricking the ECU if I code some things with bimmercode?
I've heard very mixed reviews. I have a 22 as well.... Standing by! :)

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
I've heard very mixed reviews. I have a 22 as well.... Standing by! :)
simple answer, no. you're coding other modules.

if coding fails, or if something is wrong afterward, bimmercode has options to revert back to the very first (or previous) version, which should be OEM (untrue if you bought used and previous owner manipulated coding)

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Oh how did you do the video in motion coding? Which options? The link says I don’t have permission.
Sponsored