zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Chances are slim to none they will unlock it soon
Honest, real, actual question.. based on why? Do you have an electronics or security background? I'm really curious. Again, and one of the folks involved/worked closely with George on the original iPhone unlock, I know how tricky these things can be. Buttttttttt on the complete opposite side of the spectrum, I've never worked on anything manufactured by Bosch or any other automotive or marine EEs or EE components.

What, in your experience, makes this ECU so tricky? The embedded enclave, or something about how well all of the libraries are integrated with each other? Something else?

Suprared

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Honest, real, actual question.. based on why? Do you have an electronics or security background? I'm really curious. Again, and one of the folks involved/worked closely with George on the original iPhone unlock, I know how tricky these things can be. Buttttttttt on the complete opposite side of the spectrum, I've never worked on anything manufactured by Bosch or any other automotive or marine EEs or EE components.

What, in your experience, makes this ECU so tricky? The embedded enclave, or something about how well all of the libraries are integrated with each other? Something else?
Bosch upped their security big time and all of the top tuners in the nation have been unsuccessful to unlock it. The lock is in the boot loader and bench unlocks with direct access is no longer possible on the ECU.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bosch upped their security big time and all of the top tuners in the nation have been unsuccessful to unlock it. The lock is in the boot loader and bench unlocks with direct access is no longer possible on the ECU.
I'm aware of the move to an enclave, I mentioned that. I'm saying what have you seen that makes seem like the library integrations are tight?

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
My 2021 has a build date of 3/20 per below so I believe I am 100% in the clear. Is there something else to check and confirm? Do dealers have the ability to lock after the fact, i.e., at scheduled service? Apologies if this has already been covered in this thread.

1627850203075.png

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
My 2021 has a build date of 3/20 per below so I believe I am 100% in the clear. Is there something else to check and confirm? Do dealers have the ability to lock after the fact, i.e., at scheduled service? Apologies if this has already been covered in this thread.

1627850203075.png
They can lock your ECU if you go in for service. It has happened to people. Then you will need to pay to have it unlocked then pay your tuner to flash your tune back on the car. So basically a free oil change can cost you $1500 if they mess with your ECU.

-RJM

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe
Me too man, I literally bought this car with the impression I could throw 10k into it, eat stock GT-Rs for breakfast, and look good doing it.

jokes aside I want to join the 600HP club :'(

Catted downpipe + JB4 + 4 gallons of E85 to a tank of 93 on map 3.

Less than $2k. Had it in drive because I had to hold the phone and the wheel.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
They can lock your ECU if you go in for service. It has happened to people. Then you will need to pay to have it unlocked then pay your tuner to flash your tune back on the car. So basically a free oil change can cost you $1500 if they mess with your ECU.

-RJM

Ah, yes - I understand that part. To clarify, I'm referring to locking the ECU like the later models that can't be unlocked period (vs. those requiring a bench unlock). I think the answer is no, but hoping someone can confirm.

And I answered my other question on what else to check; found the YT video that shows how to find the ECU date.

Thanks!

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Ah, yes - I understand that part. To clarify, I'm referring to locking the ECU like the later models that can't be unlocked period (vs. those requiring a bench unlock). I think the answer is no, but hoping someone can confirm.

And I answered my other question on what else to check; found the YT video that shows how to find the ECU date.

Thanks!
Answer is no, if your car is tunable the dealership visits will not Bosch hardware lock your ECU.

-RJM

Reactions: zrk

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
I'm aware of the move to an enclave, I mentioned that. I'm saying what have you seen that makes seem like the library integrations are tight?
ECU Still locked??? I'm on your side guy but this one is kinda obvious...... may not ONLY be "tight library integrations" but a combination?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Some interesting comments from MP on the unlock video in the last week.

sadly that was tried and it did not work. Please take a look at the original B58 release we did years ago and how long it took for someone to literally clone the process and “re-brand” it. All that is public knowledge and can be traced online, all in chronological events if you look. So for now, we are keeping it private until iOS app release in September. At that point, we might offer mail-in services for the 2021s
That's from Mission. If they're still bullshitting us, giving us a date range is a reeeaaalllly ballsy move.

More from them here

Lendo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium (sold)
Some interesting comments from MP on the unlock video in the last week.

That's from Mission. If they're still bullshitting us, giving us a date range is a reeeaaalllly ballsy move.

More from them here
I may have to drive out there this summer then, people that have their tunes rave about them.

What's curious is the EEPROM service for $199.00 when checking out.

Does this appear to capture an image of your ECU that you can revert back to if needed? Someone that is technical needs to chime in here.

Capture.PNG

TheTazzMania

First Name
Taz
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2023 Supra GR A91- MT SE (CU Later Gray)
I emailed MP and I’m waiting for a response. In my email, I explained to them my local tuner has a contract with the Toyota dealer that any mods done by the tuner will not void warranties. I asked MP if they release the unlock, will they allow local tuners to work on the car, especially if my warranty won’t get voided.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
I emailed MP and I’m waiting for a response. In my email, I explained to them my local tuner has a contract with the Toyota dealer that any mods done by the tuner will not void warranties. I asked MP if they release the unlock, will they allow local tuners to work on the car, especially if my warranty won’t get voided.
FYI, the dealer isn't generally the issue with warranty work on tuned cars. If an engine, trans, etc. has a major fault and needs to be replaced, corporate gets involved in the investigation, and will immediately deny any claims on a vehicle with a tune.

The dealership has absolutely no say in that process, which is why any dealer promising you that they will help you with warranty claims on a tuned car (or any shop claiming that the dealer will help you) is lying to you.

TheTazzMania

First Name
Taz
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2023 Supra GR A91- MT SE (CU Later Gray)
FYI, the dealer isn't generally the issue with warranty work on tuned cars. If an engine, trans, etc. has a major fault and needs to be replaced, corporate gets involved in the investigation, and will immediately deny any claims on a vehicle with a tune.

The dealership has absolutely no say in that process, which is why any dealer promising you that they will help you with warranty claims on a tuned car (or any shop claiming that the dealer will help you) is lying to you.
I don’t know about corporate getting involved in a warranty claim or fix for your car. The dealership is Toyota of Orlando and the owner of the dealership has a 800+ HP built Supra by the tuner (Titan Motorsports). One of the selling points for Toyota of Orlando is go get the car modified as much as you want and everything is covered as long as Titan does the work.
Sponsored