Turning off car (variations)

forAiur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
toyota
So I understand the general use car to turn off all electronics is to
  • Stop the car w/ start/stop button and exit the vehicle with the key fob and lock the car.
(Just wanted to confirm) in rare instances if I have to wait a little longer than usual where I would sit in the car after stopping the car with the ignition button does using the media power button have the same effect? if Iā€™m not using the car electronics as to not drain my battery ?

sorry for the simple question
Sponsored

kissmyrs

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
in that case, go to the OPTION button under the idrive wheel, in there, there is an option to turn car off

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Yes, holding down the media power button works... that does the same thing and I've just become accustomed to doing that in my garage. Don't even think about it anymore - but it did freak me out a little at first.

Famo

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra
I just turn the car off, close the door and touch the door once it's closed then the mirrors go up and everything turns off lol.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I am not sure what everybody is talking about but I always push the radio button off before I leave the car. And then lock it. All power goes off inside. The the red blinking dash lights come on.
That's what everyone is talking about. ;)

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
The 12v power outlet will turn itself off 6 minutes after exiting the car. I timed it myself.

SunbirdGTO

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 1986 Mitsubishi Starion
Mine stayed on for around 5-10.mins then turned, this was the same for the 12v socket too.
Mine turned off in about that 6 minute timeframe that others have referred to. When I first noticed it staying on I was little bit concerned though.

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
At first I thought I'd totally wasted my time hiding the wire to the cam, luckily this is not the case. Thanks

So far I've been locking the door's both ways, but will be checking the auto lock feature this evening.

Last edited: