U.S. Toyota Dealers without Mark Ups

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
Due to two distribution agreements Toyota signed long time ago with Gulf States and Southeast, Toyota is essentially stuck with those two distributors. They can legally add options to a factory Toyota, and list it on the Monroney Sticker. But, they are charging more for an identically equipped Toyota (when compared to states that are directly supplied by Toyota) by adding options that are of dubious value to the end customer. As for LoJack, I helped a friend negotiate it out of the deal on a Jeep even though the dealer insisted it was already installed. Turns out that it was not installed, and they use the “it’s already installed” lie to convince you that it’s a mandatory charge.
I don't know how to tell if lojack is even truly installed. If you have an idea let me know. I will be looking into this. I tried to negotiate it out.... it was kind of hard to negotiate it out when I got the car 1500 under sticker price.
Sponsored

primeakf11

First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Where the heck are you guys finding all these deals from? I've been calling around a lot the past few weeks and 90% of dealerships had at least SOME markup. I did find 3 that were selling at msrp but 1 wouldn't sell out of state and 2 had already sold theirs by the time I got to them (ugh).

And it's not like I've been looking for a rare color or trim either. (3.0 base auto, black / white / grey / silver).

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
Where the heck are you guys finding all these deals from? I've been calling around a lot the past few weeks and 90% of dealerships had at least SOME markup. I did find 3 that were selling at msrp but 1 wouldn't sell out of state and 2 had already sold theirs by the time I got to them (ugh).

And it's not like I've been looking for a rare color or trim either. (3.0 base auto, black / white / grey / silver).
I didn't care where it was coming from. I drove (almost flew 1 way) and drove back. I kept checking from the toyotas website. And changed starting location. Called every dealer that had them in stock and in transit. Finally settled on a blue at. I was initially looking for a mt.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Appreciate the guidance. Trying to do as much research as possible, but feel like Supras are unique in the sense that they are not your average car sitting on the lot. Because they only make a few thousand a year, does this give me more or less power with the dealership since again I'd be trying to order through them online. Any tips and "homework" you share is much appreciated.
The ball is always in your court if you stick to it. But that’s up to you how bad you want a MSRP deal.
I took delivery of my 3.0 Premium MT yesterday for MSRP. I'm located in Florida; if anyone is looking for a really good dealer that will sell at no mark up, reach out to Clearwater Toyota. The guy over there - his name is Steven Treu - is the best and most transparent person I've worked with. Promised me MSRP and he stuck to his word.

Here's his card if you guys want his info, super nice guy. Tell him Chris sent you and he'll take care of you.

IMG_8182.jpg
That’s great news to our area some normalcy is returning. Great find!

Keep pounding the pavement. You’ll get it! New allocations every couple of weeks. If you like a dealer, not a douchebag, give them a deposit. It’s refundable if they don’t find it. But you are showing them “good faith” in the form of cash :) That helps too.

Joker328

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Red 3.0 Premium MT

It really depends on location. Being near a city in the northeast or Mid-Atlantic or pretty much anywhere in CA it's going to be tough to find a good deal. If you are willing to travel, you may have more luck, but there is some cost to that as well.

Patches

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0
It's tough finding one for MSRP. I was lucky enough to find one at a small local dealer for MSRP but it doesn't come in until April. Every dealer I've talked to in VA has at least 5k-10k markup if it's on the lot already. And most have 3-5k markup if it's been allocated. I feel lucky that I found one a few weeks ago for MSRP.

Cozmo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Civic Type R (Maybe 2023 MT Supra Premium 3.0)
It's tough finding one for MSRP. I was lucky enough to find one at a small local dealer for MSRP but it doesn't come in until April. Every dealer I've talked to in VA has at least 5k-10k markup if it's on the lot already. And most have 3-5k markup if it's been allocated. I feel lucky that I found one a few weeks ago for MSRP.
Yeah its been tough, every single one I found wouldn't sell to any one who wasn't from their state. Hopefully I'll find a dealer who well sell to me at MSRP soon.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Yeah its been tough, every single one I found wouldn't sell to any one who wasn't from their state. Hopefully I'll find a dealer who well sell to me at MSRP soon.
@elusive posted his MSRP dealer above. Did you try them?

DermDoc

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2023 Toyota Supra
Andrew Toyota in Wisconsin hooked me up at MSRP- had the car shipped from WI to FL. Marc was the guy who helped me out there - he made the process as straight forward as possible. Highly recommend that dealership if anyone is interested

tucker90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium AT Absolute Zero
Made an account just to vent on how frustrating it is trying to buy this car new. And I am looking for a AT, not even the MT. Toyota dealerships treat this car like a GT3 or Ferrari and every single one around me has a markup. Salesman are condescending and patronizing when I tell them I don't want to pay markup on the automatic version, but they know absolutely nothing about the car because they are freaking Toyota salesman that sell Corollas and Tundras. At least the sales guys at Porsche can have a conversation about the engine dynamics of the car that they are asking 10k markup on. A local dealership is selling their 3.0 Premium automatic for 69,800 plus tax and the sales guy described the car to me as a "gas version not a manual". One dealership wouldn't send me a quote via email and just told me the drive out price on the phone, when I said I wanted it in writing he got offended and said "you don't trust my word, my word is everything to me" - typical low rent sales tactic bullshit.

Sorry if this post is frowned on, just frustrating and even though I can afford to pay markup I am refusing to just because of the way Toyota is treating it's customers. I have been deciding between two cars; BMW M2Comp and the Supra, and one reason I have leaned towards Supra is being able to buy it new. But now after a couple months of searching, I am really turned off and think I am going to just find the lowest miles M2 I can and avoid Toyota dealerships for the rest of my life.

TEXSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Macan GTS
I bought a new 2023 Supra yesterday from Landers Toyota in Little Rock, Arkansas. It was an automatic. They sell at MSRP, and there was a window tint package for $699. That was it as far as paying above MSRP. My contact is Steve Roberts, and you can reach him at 501-920-1076. I flew to Little Rock, signed the paperwork, and drove back to Dallas in the Supra. It was an easy, no pressure sales process. If you do buy one from them, tell them not to add pin stripes that’s part of the $699 package.

Made an account just to vent on how frustrating it is trying to buy this car new. And I am looking for a AT, not even the MT. Toyota dealerships treat this car like a GT3 or Ferrari and every single one around me has a markup. Salesman are condescending and patronizing when I tell them I don't want to pay markup on the automatic version, but they know absolutely nothing about the car because they are freaking Toyota salesman that sell Corollas and Tundras. At least the sales guys at Porsche can have a conversation about the engine dynamics of the car that they are asking 10k markup on. A local dealership is selling their 3.0 Premium automatic for 69,800 plus tax and the sales guy described the car to me as a "gas version not a manual". One dealership wouldn't send me a quote via email and just told me the drive out price on the phone, when I said I wanted it in writing he got offended and said "you don't trust my word, my word is everything to me" - typical low rent sales tactic bullshit.

Sorry if this post is frowned on, just frustrating and even though I can afford to pay markup I am refusing to just because of the way Toyota is treating it's customers. I have been deciding between two cars; BMW M2Comp and the Supra, and one reason I have leaned towards Supra is being able to buy it new. But now after a couple months of searching, I am really turned off and think I am going to just find the lowest miles M2 I can and avoid Toyota dealerships for the rest of my life.

tucker90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium AT Absolute Zero
I bought a new 2023 Supra yesterday from Landers Toyota in Little Rock, Arkansas. It was an automatic. They sell at MSRP, and there was a window tint package for $699. That was it as far as paying above MSRP. My contact is Steve Roberts, and you can reach him at 501-920-1076. I flew to Little Rock, signed the paperwork, and drove back to Dallas in the Supra. It was an easy, no pressure sales process. If you do buy one from them, tell them not to add pin stripes that’s part of the $699 package.
Great, thanks for the tip. I have skimmed through this thread and seen some recommendations of dealers outside of Texas so that may be my next option. Flying out and then driving 500+ miles back isn't an ideal situation for me, and sort of in line with my frustration that buying this car is so complicated. I have bought my fair share of high demand vehicles in the past, albeit most pre pandemic, and it was never this poor of an experience. When I was shopping for a TRX I had multiple dealers in the state trying to win my business and it is a much more limited vehicle than the Supra. I think overall Toyota dealerships have so little experience with a car with this kind of demand and customer base, that they just have no idea how to sell it and service their customer. Having a 24 year old kid they just hired from waiting tables trying to sell Supras with 10k ADM over the phone to people is just a bad business model. But, at the end of the day they are moving units so I guess I am just being whiny/entitled.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I looked at a new Raptor yesterday, they had a $15k markup and NO intention of reducing it!

Shinkimchi

First Name
Sung
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk5
2.5k mark up on a White 3.0 Base - MT. Is it worth it? It has the JBL/Tech Package.
Sponsored