alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Mountain States Toyota but their estimated wait is 1-2 years
Thanks for the info. Man this car market is frustrating.
Sponsored

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
Thanks for the info. Man this car market is frustrating.
Yup, it is. And based on my experience, you basically have to keep an eye on sites like autotrader for example and call around and see if any are unspoken for (most unfortuantely are presold). So then you have to ask to get on a calling list in case the prospective buyer backs out of the deal for whatever reason. All this on top of trying to find a dealer that will sell at MSRP without a long wait time. I hate that you can't place an exact "order" from Toyota with the exact build options you want like you can with other manufacturers. The dealerships basically get what they get allocated to them and you have to decide if you want that particular car with its predetermined options. Frustrating for sure. It'll be so nice if the model shifts to direct to consumer online order sales and we cutout the dealership middleman b.s.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
I've managed to track down three dealers near me (sort of) without markups, and without insane waiting lists IF you aren't looking for a manual. They're all Baxter owned, have a policy of no markups, and are "SmartPath" dealers. So a little more transparency up front.

As of today I'm on waiting lists at all three and am next in line for an Auto at two of them.

nashcarr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0 PMT, 95 Miata, 2016 Lexus IS300 awd
Beechmont Toyota in Cincinnati, Ohio NO markups. Germain Toyota in Columbus has markups!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Any in Maryland that have no markups?
Sheehy in Laurel MD. They will make you buy a $700 VIP extra free oil changes and other maintenance stuff. But that‘s it. If I lived up there, it might be worth it. Of course, they’ll ask you to buy other stuff too. Just say no and that’ll get you closer to MSRP.

That’s when I was looking over a year ago. Now, probably even better. We’re even starting to see MSRP deals right here in Florida. That was unheard of back then. So start calling or emailing around when you have a day off. The car is definitely worth it at MSRP!

derocknc

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Infiniti Q50, 2018 Audi A4
I got somewhat lucky randomly calling places from autotrader and found a dealership in PA that does not charge a markup. The only caveat is they won't let you reserve a car if you're out of state (Interestingly, they will sell you one once it is physically there) It's a nocturnal black on black Premium manual: https://www.ardmoretoyota.com/new-A...plink&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=cars.com

The guy said it should be available next month or July. My loss is your gain :/

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I got somewhat lucky randomly calling places from autotrader and found a dealership in PA that does not charge a markup. The only caveat is they won't let you reserve a car if you're out of state (Interestingly, they will sell you one once it is physically there) It's a nocturnal black on black Premium manual: https://www.ardmoretoyota.com/new-A...plink&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=cars.com

The guy said it should be available next month or July. My loss is your gain :/
Don’t give up. I’ve done this twice. You have to just move on and keep plugging. They are out there. Promise brother!

Golfer2321

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 3.0 Premium AT
Hey guys,
I'm in central NJ and was wondering if anyone has had nice experiences with dealerships regarding low/no markups from msrp? Or just dealerships that you have had good experiences with. I understand that getting one at MSRP might be like finding a needle in a haystack. I don't really have a preference if the dealer is that close just within a couple of hours.

On a side note, I've been eyeing a 3.0 Premium in black for a while now.

edwooyi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Hey guys,
I'm in central NJ and was wondering if anyone has had nice experiences with dealerships regarding low/no markups from msrp? Or just dealerships that you have had good experiences with. I understand that getting one at MSRP might be like finding a needle in a haystack. I don't really have a preference if the dealer is that close just within a couple of hours.

On a side note, I've been eyeing a 3.0 Premium in black for a while now.
I'm in southern NJ (Cherry Hill area) and was in your boat for several months. I highly recommend buying from out of the area if possible. Shopping within NJ/NYC area the lowest I've gotten one down to was 2k above, which was priced at 2.5k above. For a base AT too, not for a manual or A91.

I believe Holman Toyota (local to me) is a MSRP dealership, but all their Supra allocations this year have been sold out and they didn't even want to take my name down because the waitlist was too long.

nashcarr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0 PMT, 95 Miata, 2016 Lexus IS300 awd
Most of the dealers I have called aren’t willing to sell to out of state buyers. This is the 3rd dealership telling me this with the spec I am interested in.
This is stupid, especially when Toyota does not allow the consumer to "order" a car. They are dealer allocations only. What do they expect people to do?

wavy warrior

First Name
Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Walk
Can anyone recommend dealerships that don’t have mark ups in the southeast? Looking for 3.0 premium black. Ideally new

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Modern Toyota was fabulous. Shipped to my door and at MSRP. In Winston Salem, NC. ”Mom” was my sales person.
Can anyone recommend dealerships that don’t have mark ups in the southeast? Looking for 3.0 premium black. Ideally new
Sponsored