U.S. Toyota Dealers without Mark Ups

wavy warrior

First Name
Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Walk
I finally found a dealership I was willing to work with. 2024 Supra @ MSR. Both parties signed build sheet and OTD price sheet @ 64K. What does that look like now with them trying to pursue the car? Does Toyota manufacturing work with allocations around the U.S. to fill them?
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I finally found a dealership I was willing to work with. 2024 Supra @ MSR. Both parties signed build sheet and OTD price sheet @ 64K. What does that look like now with them trying to pursue the car? Does Toyota manufacturing work with allocations around the U.S. to fill them?
Now you wait and hope one gets sent to that dealer.

wavy warrior

First Name
Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Walk
Now you wait and hope one gets sent to that dealer.
lol is there a possibility a ‘24 won’t make it to that dealership? Mind you I’m here for AT 😅 my allocation doesn’t create an incentive for toyota to fill it since it’s somewhat pre purchased

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
lol is there a possibility a ‘24 won’t make it to that dealership? Mind you I’m here for AT 😅 my allocation doesn’t create an incentive for toyota to fill it since it’s somewhat pre purchased
Been checking the Toyota inventory website every few weeks. There are way more AT than MT, so if you want AT I wouldn't be worried.

Keelhauler

First Name
Sameer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium - Nocturnal Black
From when I was going through the buying process it was told to me like this; There is no specific order you can do at a dealer to get exactly what you want. It's pretty much luck of the draw, and you're giving the dealer a sheet saying, hey, prioritize this specific build. But they don't get to control what they see. Sometimes in the availability list that dealers get it'll have supra's with xyz options, sometimes it won't. What I ended up with at a couple of dealerships was giving gem broad descriptions like I want a 3.0 premium with driver assist pack and black interior as requirements and in order of preference a couple of the exterior colors. Of course, I had a perfect spec in mind, but I found a couple of combinations I was happy with and went with that as a guideline. Things might have changed now that we have the inventory tracker and all that, but this is what I personally did.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
They aren't going to prioritize your spec or reach out to other dealers for trades. Basically what @Keelhauler said you wait till your spec or close to gets sent to the dealer. Not by their choice.

Keelhauler

First Name
Sameer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium - Nocturnal Black
They aren't going to prioritize your spec or reach out to other dealers for trades. Basically what @Keelhauler said you wait till your spec or close to gets sent to the dealer. Not by their choice.
Also fwiw, my very last option was a black on black supra. All my cars have been black and I wanted white or phantom. But nope, here I am, another black car. Gotta love the luck of the draw.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
yea I'm AT. I think where my options are limited is that I only want black
Helps you’re not in a hurry. Definitely buying an auto without looking for a beige interior should speed things up for you as well. Congrats 🎉 finding a dealer willing to make plenty of coin off MSRP profit, maintain their reputations, w/out pushing Beaver Benefit$ down your throat.

When your car finally comes in, kindly stick to your deal and in the “closers” office. Just say no thanks to all the add ons they are required to ask you to buy.

Last edited:

wavy warrior

First Name
Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Walk
Helps you’re not in a hurry. Definitely buying an auto without looking for a beige interior should speed things up for you as well. Congrats 🎉 finding a dealer willing to make plenty of MSRP profit, maintain their reputations, w/out pushing Beaver Benefit$ down your throat.

When your car finally comes in, kindly stick to your deal and in the “closers” office. Just say no thanks to all the add ons they are required to ask you to buy.
Noted! Both parties signed on a build sheet and price so I’m hoping the delivery day will be seamless. Now to actually be patient đŸ„Č

supraboostsd619

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93.5 MKIV Supra TT 6spd, 23 A91-MT CUL
Damn these dealers still aint letting up! Looks like 25k in markup. They are straight trippin! Gotta negotiate.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
IMG_1141.jpeg

just wanted to point out this nonsense. 94k for a 3.0 premium MT. This is from the Toyota dealership in vero beach FL
Wow
 What bullshit dude! The value of this car is what makes it so attractive. Take that away = hello Porsche or Vette.

Guess they haven’t gotten any better. Other brands in FL are back to selling at MSRP. Making this even worse for Toyota. Further fuel the fire for Tesla’s selling process - bypass the dealers. What else are they providing besides a giant markup? That’s all you’ll remember with a dealer like this. So good find @lohrun. These guys should be called out for doing so. Facebook too if anyone is on that group.

https://www.verobeachtoyota.com

Toyota should put their foot down and stop that kind of nonsense. Period!

Last edited:

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Wow
 What bullshit dude! The value of this car is what makes it so attractive. Take that away = hello Porsche or Vette.

Guess they haven’t gotten any better. Other brands in FL are back to selling at MSRP. Making this even worse for Toyota. Further fuel the fire for Tesla’s selling process - bypass the dealers. What else are they providing besides a giant markup? That’s all you’ll remember with a dealer like this. So good find @lohrun. These guys should be called out for doing so. Facebook too if anyone is on that group.

https://www.verobeachtoyota.com

Toyota should put their foot down and stop that kind of nonsense. Period!
Dont make this fkrs next Yacht payment for him lol!
Sponsored