U.S. Toyota Dealers without Mark Ups

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Was looking for fun yesterday and a buttload were in the Baltimore/DC area. On the Toyota website. Find one you like and start calling!

When you find the one you like on the Toyota website, go to that specific dealer’s website and start an internet chat, if they have that. If not, call and ask if the car is still there or in route. Ask for the internet, online or out of state salesperson. Once on the phone, ask if they’re willing to sell under MSRP. If they say no, tell them you’d pay MSRP and put a deposit down right now.

The salesperson wants to sell the car. That’s how they get paid. They will fight for your money. Never forget that. If they tell you on the spot the dealer wants a market adjustment or anything over MSRP, say no thanks and move on. There are plenty of dealers willing to take your money.

Sure it takes some time but it’s fun finding a good dealer. It makes the car buying experience much better :)
Sponsored

conFUcius-Says

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 45th Anniversary Mikan Blast
Was looking for fun yesterday and a buttload were in the Baltimore/DC area. On the Toyota website. Find one you like and start calling!

When you find the one you like on the Toyota website, go to that specific dealer’s website and start an internet chat, if they have that. If not, call and ask if the car is still there or in route. Ask for the internet, online or out of state salesperson. Once on the phone, ask if they’re willing to sell under MSRP. If they say no, tell them you’d pay MSRP and put a deposit down right now.

The salesperson wants to sell the car. That’s how they get paid. They will fight for your money. Never forget that. If they tell you on the spot the dealer wants a market adjustment or anything over MSRP, say no thanks and move on. There are plenty of dealers willing to take your money.

Sure it takes some time but it’s fun finding a good dealer. It makes the car buying experience much better :)
Koons Alexandria won’t charge a markup, but they didn’t have one in stock when I last talked to them about a month ago.

Koons Annapolis won’t do a markup adjustment on 3.0 Premium, but they will on the 45th Anniversary model (unless things have changed).

I managed to get a dealer in MS to sell a 45th Anniversary in Mikan Blast for MSRP without a markup. The car is en route, but I put a non-refundable $1K deposit to hold it.

acadapter

First Name
A.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla Model X
Koons Alexandria won’t charge a markup, but they didn’t have one in stock when I last talked to them about a month ago.

Koons Annapolis won’t do a markup adjustment on 3.0 Premium, but they will on the 45th Anniversary model (unless things have changed).

I managed to get a dealer in MS to sell a 45th Anniversary in Mikan Blast for MSRP without a markup. The car is en route, but I put a non-refundable $1K deposit to hold it.
Just picked up my Mikan Blast 45th MT yesterday and sold my 2020 LE on Saturday!

PXL_20240327_172353252.jpg

Mf1ve

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 EG Civic (racecar), 2014 Toyota Tacoma
About a week ago I found a red 2024 3.0 Premium coming soon to Caldwell Toyota in Conway, AR that was not reserved, so I put my name on it. Driver assist, Manual trans, carbon fiber mirror caps. No mark-up, advertised price is $62,449.00. I put down a $500 deposit.

Well, I got lucky twice - a blue 2024 3.0 Premium manual became available near Nashville (I had a deposit there as well) because the three people ahead of me in line declined to buy the car immediately upon receipt. As a bonus, it was $1K less expensive, and a lot closer to home. So I bought that car yesterday.

All that to say, if you are interested in getting a Red 3.0 Premium manual, there is one coming in about a month to Caldwell Toyota that is MSRP, and not vouched for as of right now. Call and ask for Jayden Wesley in sales.

My new Supra:

20240329_071101a.jpg

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 3.0 MT, '23 BRZ, '06 RX-8
About a week ago I found a red 2024 3.0 Premium coming soon to Caldwell Toyota in Conway, AR that was not reserved, so I put my name on it. Driver assist, Manual trans, carbon fiber mirror caps. No mark-up, advertised price is $62,449.00. I put down a $500 deposit.

Well, I got lucky twice - a blue 2024 3.0 Premium manual became available near Nashville (I had a deposit there as well) because the three people ahead of me in line declined to buy the car immediately upon receipt. As a bonus, it was $1K less expensive, and a lot closer to home. So I bought that car yesterday.

All that to say, if you are interested in getting a Red 3.0 Premium manual, there is one coming in about a month to Caldwell Toyota that is MSRP, and not vouched for as of right now. Call and ask for Jayden Wesley in sales.

My new Supra:

20240329_071101a.jpg
Wow 3 people dropped ahead of you, I wonder if that is some market softness signs ahead or just a one off? Over in California, markups are weakening but still present for Toyota.

Congrats, that stratosphere blue is a beauty and will be rare along with its MT trans.

Last edited:

Mf1ve

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wow 3 people dropped ahead of you, I wonder if that is some market softness signs ahead or just a one off? Over in California, markups are weakening but still present for Toyota.

Congrats, that stratosphere blue will is a beauty and will be rare along with its MT trans.
Thanks! And yeah, maybe. People are still climbing over each other here (South and South East) to get one, Atlanta is still selling at $10K mark-up, and most places I spoke with wanted at least 3K, including around Nashville. I think in this case the only reason I got an MSRP offer from my dealership is that I made a deal to put a little money down and get in line - if everyone ahead of me dropped, I get the car for MSRP. And to their great credit (Thanks, Toyota of Cool Springs!) they kept their word.

conFUcius-Says

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 45th Anniversary Mikan Blast
Thanks! And yeah, maybe. People are still climbing over each other here (South and South East) to get one, Atlanta is still selling at $10K mark-up, and most places I spoke with wanted at least 3K, including around Nashville. I think in this case the only reason I got an MSRP offer from my dealership is that I made a deal to put a little money down and get in line - if everyone ahead of me dropped, I get the car for MSRP. And to their great credit (Thanks, Toyota of Cool Springs!) they kept their word.
Which Atlanta location? They waived the $10K markup for me once I told them the MS dealer would do it without a markup, but I had (1) given a non-refundable deposit to the MS dealer and (2) I was a bit salty the GA tried to gouge me already. I’m happy to forward over my redacted paperwork from the MS dealer if someone wants to use it to try and haggle down that GA dealer.

Mf1ve

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Which Atlanta location? They waived the $10K markup for me once I told them the MS dealer would do it without a markup, but I had (1) given a non-refundable deposit to the MS dealer and (2) I was a bit salty the GA tried to gouge me already. I’m happy to forward over my redacted paperwork from the MS dealer if someone wants to use it to try and haggle down that GA dealer.
Atlanta Toyota in Duluth.

ATGTGA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Kia Stinger, 2024 Toyota Supra MT
Kool Toyota in MI is MSRP. Trevor, Ken and Tori have made the process as painless as possible. Highly recommend!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I’ve been too long out of the Easter egg 🪺 Supra hunting game. Buddy is looking for blue with beige interior. But… with a manual. Is that even possible? I mean you think he’ll ever be able to allocate one via his dealer in Miami?

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 3.0 MT, '23 BRZ, '06 RX-8
I’ve been too long out of the Easter egg 🪺 Supra hunting game. Buddy is looking for blue with beige interior. But… with a manual. Is that even possible? I mean you think he’ll ever be able to allocate one via his dealer in Miami?
That spec is out there, but I’d assume that would be one of the harder ones to get at MSRP.

Mf1ve

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I haven't noticed an interior color other than black, when sorting for pre-sold= no, on the allocation spreadsheet. I admit that i kept sorting for blue and red exterior also. Has anyone seen a light-color interior on the list lately?

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
I haven't noticed an interior color other than black, when sorting for pre-sold= no, on the allocation spreadsheet. I admit that i kept sorting for blue and red exterior also. Has anyone seen a light-color interior on the list lately?
for MTs, what i've seen most common are stratosphere with black interior and absolute zero with cognac
Sponsored