Updates - Oil Consumption, Rear Diff Leak ...

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
I have been getting quite a few questions about the various issues that I've discussed in the past. Here is a video where I discuss the current status of all of it. Along with that I discuss the EPA Clean Air Act and the impact it's been having on the aftermarket parts industry and getting parts for our cars. I also show what I'll be installing in the next video. Enjoy!

OP
OP
Spiguyver

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
I have been getting quite a few questions about the various issues that I've discussed in the past. Here is a video where I discuss the current status of all of it. Along with that I discuss the EPA Clean Air Act and the impact it's been having on the aftermarket parts industry and getting parts for our cars. I also show what I'll be installing in the next video. Enjoy!

Tonight I installed the Verus Engineering Rear Differential Cooling Plate. Check out the video, product link in the video description:

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Thanks for sharing! Two questions.

1) Can't tell for sure but is the front of the plate the lowest point under the car now? Any concerns with ground clearance?

2) Where is your jack stand located? I didn't notice one in the video. Surely you didn't work under the car supported by only the floor jack?

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)

1) Can't tell for sure but is the front of the plate the lowest point under the car now? Any concerns with ground clearance?

2) Where is your jack stand located? I didn't notice one in the video. Surely you didn't work under the car supported by only the floor jack?
I have questions too.

1) Can you still jack up the car by the diff with the cover on?

2) same about jack stands. I was like this can end bad...really bad.

3) Do you have any pics of the diff breather? I was thinking you can just add an extension tube to it like off-roaders do.

-RJM

OP
OP
Spiguyver

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)

For 1 - no, it's not the lowest point, no real concern here, I'll let you know if it ever hits anything.

For 2 - you're right, I'm not the smartest guy! I did have my son out with me just in case I needed any help, but it wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done.

OP
OP
Spiguyver

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
I have questions too.

1) Can you still jack up the car by the diff with the cover on?

2) same about jack stands. I was like this can end bad...really bad.

3) Do you have any pics of the diff breather? I was thinking you can just add an extension tube to it like off-roaders do.

-RJM
For 1 - According the Verus, yes, I have not tried.

For 2 - Yes, you're right!

For 3 - No I don't, but yes, here is a kit I did find when I was looking into solutions - https://kaganadertuning.com/product...5geCu7g0-EnZkXyePCoxhKKGtgkrJaEsXWQMy-e2KVjUg

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
You also need tire blocks on both side of tires from keeping your from moving. I jacked up my car once with the ebrake on and forgot to use the blocks. The car moved slightly. Also had a friend at my job lose his life because the jack gave in on him.

Great videos man just be careful. Jack Stands and blocks.

Attachments

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Definitely interested in learning how well the diff cover works.

I have my car at an independent BMW shop for my f/r ARB install and the shop noticed my diff is leaking. I have 3555 miles. Will be making an appointment with the dealer when I get the car back.

OP
OP
Spiguyver

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
Definitely interested in learning how well the diff cover works.

I have my car at an independent BMW shop for my f/r ARB install and the shop noticed my diff is leaking. I have 3555 miles. Will be making an appointment with the dealer when I get the car back.
I have it installed and have been putting some serious driving it. Did a cruise last weekend, it was a highly spirited trip. I am actually out of town for a bit, but when I get back I plan on taking a look underneath the car to see if there is any oil present.

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I have it installed and have been putting some serious driving it. Did a cruise last weekend, it was a highly spirited trip. I am actually out of town for a bit, but when I get back I plan on taking a look underneath the car to see if there is any oil present.
Cool. The shop working on my car is going to replace the drain plug and clean up the diff. I’ll check it out again after some miles have been put on.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
@Spiguyver How has the Verus diff cooler been working for you? I found some oil on my car at 655 miles.

Gotta love the Supra :)