Valvetronic threshold BM3 OTS Stage 2 map

kfer

First Name
Feri
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
Only a AA catted downpipe and lowering springs. Everything else stock. No TCU tune.

EDIT: Only other thing I can think of is if it's related to my evap issue. No leaks, just an issue with open circuit on the pressure switch. Spoken to many tuners and mechanics, all said it wouldn't effect car performance only mileage. I guess i'll try to chase that issue.
Forget everything I wrote yesterday about torque limiter codes. I found a few logs on the forum and everyone has these codes, so it's not your car, but seems to be a BM3 thing, so "works as designed".
The others also have similar power figures and times as you, so everything is fine in terms of performance.
* The times and power figures are approximated values, because we don't know exactly the weigth and whether the road was flat or with a slope.
But they seem realistic for 480-490HP (crank).

supra_vergleichST2.jpg

supra_zeiten.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
ArmenLS1

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
@kfer

Yes sir!
BM3 confirmed that those codes are not what they "watch" for in datalogs.
For me it all started with the first WOT run and low power feeling on the highway, (not logged),
and the presence of a shadow code regarding power thresholds. Waiting for the weather to clear up and then doing a proper 3rd to 4th, possibly 5th gear pull. :)

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Knock detected is binary. Either 0 or 1. So yes or no.

If you see anything other then 0 or 1, it’s the log rate at that moment.

Torque limiter 4/8 is normal on gear up/down shifts.

I would ignore kfer, most of what they post is incorrect, they even corrected themselves in the post above after learning more about how things work.

kfer

First Name
Feri
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
Yes, I have to agree with you. I corrected myself because it seems to be daily business on BM3.
And I'm actually here looking for experiences because I also got these 4/8 codes on my MHD Custom tune if I switched manually at higher revs. And if I got it, then I also got the 10D000 code (combustion engine: torque limitation) in the shadow. And that scares me a little. I drove over 4,000 km with MHD Stage2 without these problems. But maybe I was just lucky.
Now I also have it with the custom tune. And I still don't know if it's a problem or not. But now that I see that everyone here has it, things are a little better. (But somewhere deep in my brain a voice says that an error code (even a shadow) is not normal. )
And of course to see how the Supras perform in terms of performance with BM3. And I have to say that with ST2 you have similar max.power but significantly more torque.

And I'm really sorry if I wrote something somewhere, that you think is not entirely correct. In a European forum, people correct me in such situations and explain to me why I'm wrong and don't say ignore me.
The TS asked something and I simply wrote what I found strange in his log (that are things which I don't see in my OTS log) . And I believe you, but I still find it strange, that in a 24-minute session there are a total of 2 gear switchings without a limit code.

supra_gearchanges.jpg

OP
OP
ArmenLS1

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
Just giving an update. This code is still showing up as an inactive shadow code. Is this just a common code that pops up with bmws that are tuned? Or something to do with bm3 modifying the torque requests?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Just giving an update. This code is still showing up as an inactive shadow code. Is this just a common code that pops up with bmws that are tuned? Or something to do with bm3 modifying the torque requests?
I've never had that code.