Verus heat shield for 2021 6-port is now available

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Just so you know - it's the wastegate actuator. It's important as it controls the amount of boost going through your engine. It should be ok, as others have mentioned they all move together, but mine definitely isn't hitting that.
Thank you for the information! Would you mind sharing a picture of how much clearance you have between the heat shield and the wastegate actuator?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Thank you for the information! Would you mind sharing a picture of how much clearance you have between the heat shield and the wastegate actuator?
Sure - I can do that tomorrow. It's not much at all, but it's not touching.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Sure - I can do that tomorrow. It's not much at all, but it's not touching.
Appreciate it. I emailed Verus about an hour ago. Will let you know what I hear back!

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Also- this helps a billionx with the install.
57E858F8-DD8F-47FD-B58B-86B0A960680C.jpeg

C9CB761D-15C4-4294-9041-E954F124D01F.jpeg

just one 1/4 internal tooth washer per side.
This. Highly recommended for anyone doing the install. Would have prevented me from dropping one of the spacers down into the engine compartment at one point. The Car Gods were on my side and I could luckily reach it without taking anything apart. Could have been a real PITA.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
This. Highly recommended for anyone doing the install. Would have prevented me from dropping one of the spacers down into the engine compartment at one point. The Car Gods were on my side and I could luckily reach it without taking anything apart. Could have been a real PITA.
I dropped a spacer and it’s gone forever. I saw it fall out of the tray after driving it. Verus sent me a replacement for like 5 bucks.

After I dropped it and couldn’t find it, I took the shield off, replaced the 13mm bolts, and drove around till I heard/saw it. Oops!

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I dropped a spacer and it’s gone forever. I saw it fall out of the tray after driving it. Verus sent me a replacement for like 5 bucks.

After I dropped it and couldn’t find it, I took the shield off, replaced the 13mm bolts, and drove around till I heard/saw it. Oops!
Doh! Man, at least they sold you a spare. $5 isn't too bad either. Could have really gouged you for it. They seem like a stand-up group of people.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Mine is also touching the waste gate housing. I don’t see a problem with it. If anything it helps support the shield and put less stress on the 2 mounting bolts.

-RJM
4ADF6DA6-8557-47FB-B537-C950DDCE7B33.jpeg

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
If you don’t drop shit like an idiot it’s super easy.
That engine bay just screams for nuts, bolts and washers to be lost. I was lucky and recovered a washer I dropped down there by tapping on the skid plate until it rattled.

-RJM

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Here is the response I received from Verus this morning:

Loosen the two M8 bolts, push the heatshield as far up as possible and retighten the M8 bolts. If it is pushed up as high as it can go before tightening down the M8 bolts it will not touch. We test fit one here in-house on a 6 port model and it is very close to touching, but it did not touch if pushed up all the way. Regardless if it touches the wastegate heat shield, it is not going to cause any damage as it is just a heatshield.

I'm going to give this a try in a bit and will report back, but it makes sense - I just kind of let it hang there when I was tightening it down, thanking the Car Gods that I did not drop anymore hardware down into the engine bay. ?