Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0, 2020 992 C4
Sound system is hugely underwhelming
No heated steering wheel
Butt ugly two-tone wheels
The low-rent "leather" on the Premium seats
HUD is useless with polarized sunglasses (it's a gimmick anyway, so turned off on day 1)

The absolutely most annoying, disappointing, infuriating thing about the Supra is the juvenile farting and backfiring. Listen up Toyota: give owners the option to turn off the DAMN NOISE!!! Really...backfires and burbles are DONE.
Sponsored

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Can't believe nobody else said this... LACK OF COOLED SEATS. My mother's 2016 Hyundai Elantra has heated & cooled seats for crying out loud, and Toyota couldn't include them in a $60k Summer Sports Car?!

Yeah, the heated seats can be nice if you drive in cold weather, but 80+% of Supra owners only drive them in nice warm weather, and man it would be nice to cool off our sweaty asses.

Jrob

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.graveyardperformance.com
Car(s)
21 3.0 Premium
Easily has to be no heated steering wheel. Steering wheel as a whole is just junk to me.

I honestly am not sure if my ears aren't as fine tuned as everyone else, or what I'm missing, but I think the sound system is fine. It's loud enough to hear the music while on the highway with the windows down. Maybe you guys want the whole car shaking from the bass?

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Can't believe nobody else said this... LACK OF COOLED SEATS. My mother's 2016 Hyundai Elantra has heated & cooled seats for crying out loud, and Toyota couldn't include them in a $60k Summer Sports Car?!

Yeah, the heated seats can be nice if you drive in cold weather, but 80+% of Supra owners only drive them in nice warm weather, and man it would be nice to cool off our sweaty asses.
I never did understand why a car company would put heated seats on a car with “summer” tires. Rather moronic in my opinion.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium

This, times ten!!!

I've fixed most of my gripes with the car.

Oh, but I would've preferred the scroll wheel on the steering wheel was the volume control and the +/- was the "next/previous" option instead. :dunno:

EziGR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
No heated steering wheel, no cooled seats are probably my biggest comfort complaints.

But the sound system just is awful for the class of car, no center console is a disappointment, but the biggest issue is the hatch. No button by the license plate, have to use key fob. If you use the button on the door, you can't close the door until you open the hatch, as it causes it to relatch half the time. Thats just my biggest gripe with the car.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I definitely felt a wave of disappointment the first (and probably last) time I pressed the horn button. Not interested in taking the bumper off just to upgrade it either.

More creaks and rattles than a $57K should have IMO. That said, I don't know if any other sports car around this price range is really bullet proof in this area.

Lack of external trunk button. Seriously, this is a standard feature on like $19K cars, wtf?

Really wish the car had the next major version of BMW iDrive, or the most recent.

Sport button should be on the steering wheel.

I think the sound system is fine, but keep in mind my previous car was a Nissan 370Z "Touring Sport" which is like the top trim with the "upgraded" sound system, and compared to that shitty system this one in the Supra is pretty great. Doing the exhaust port mod seemed to help too.

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Super minor, but for me it was the waste of space in the gauge cluster. Hate that there is a giant space to the right of the tach/speed that just stays blank 99% of the time. Would have been nice to at least see album art and track for what's playing through Carplay.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I wish the TCS light wouldn't stay on the entire time the system is off, but I understand why it's that way.
Other than that, I have no complaints. The car is exactly as I expected.
Edit: after reading some of the other responses I agree that it bugs me I had to add my own button for the trunk.

Last edited:

MaxFn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 2017 RAV4 Hybrid Limited, 2012 RAV4 V6 Sport
1) Trunk Button
1a) trunk relocks when you push the button and close the door
2) Horn - I won't use it unless Urgent
3) no remote start
4) Storage space in the car - even the glove box is too small
5) Locked ECU - there's plenty of power but is wanting more wrong?
6) creaks and sounds
For me heated wheel is not useful (Arizona) but I loved it on my ISF when I Lived in OH - so I get it

Good things:
That Body
Audio sound fix is easy Thanks "Tadda"
Love the sound of the up-shifts
0-60 is fantastic and rolling accel is great
I can fit 2 sets of Golf clubs (carry bags not cart bag) or 1 bag and my push cart

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium (Nocturnal, Automatic)
Yup i powder coated mine and seems to have scratched the itch for now…might upgrade to something else down the line
i have the 2023 rims and they are beautiful to me. Im so sorry you guys have to powder coat the horrible 2-tone

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium (Nocturnal, Automatic)
Easily has to be no heated steering wheel. Steering wheel as a whole is just junk to me.

I honestly am not sure if my ears aren't as fine tuned as everyone else, or what I'm missing, but I think the sound system is fine. It's loud enough to hear the music while on the highway with the windows down. Maybe you guys want the whole car shaking from the bass?
i just turn up the hz of the speakers and then it feels much much better than if you dont change anything at all out the box

Jrob

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.graveyardperformance.com
Car(s)
21 3.0 Premium
i just turn up the hz of the speakers and then it feels much much better than if you dont change anything at all out the box
I have it adjusted also, it sounds fine. I just stole someone's settings off of the forum here. Sounds pretty alright to me :)

TheLJWay

First Name
L.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 GR Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
1a) trunk relocks when you push the button and close the door
There's a way to fix this. Those two little twist knobs you see when you open the hatch, you have to adjust their height enough so that no matter how many times you unlock the trunk and close your door after, it won't relock. If you adjust it too high the trunk ends up popping up higher and gravity has it relock even without closing your doors lol. So just keep adjusting until it's right.
Sponsored