What’s your biggest disappointment ?

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
The seats for me. Stock leather feels rubbery and cheap af. Should be softer and perforated. Also a longer seat bottom would be nice, my knees stick out several inches past the end of it
Sponsored

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
Surprised to see so many negative views on the stock 2-tone wheels. I think they're the best base wheels on any car under $100k.

My only very small gripe would be the lack of interior color options. All that black makes the car feel smaller and more claustrophobic than it actually is. Even though it's weird the way they did it, I would take that hazelnut in a heartbeat over black.

Other than that that, I like everything else.

I would say targa as someone else mentioned, but the Supra will eventually be shipped off for a Corvette at some point.

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
Surely, you jest…..
Surely, you jest…..
I have exaggerated slightly. But related to my chief gripe- the buffeting from factory is not cohesive to ripping cigs at highway speeds. The Rexspeed wind deflectors have decreased cabin ash significantly.

Romin91

First Name
Romin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91-MT, 13 Sonata SE 2.4
The sound system is by far the worst sounding I've experienced. I've done all the suggestions its just not good.
This was the most disappointing part so far, supposedly it's 500W, and it feels more like 100w. With volume below 50% I can barely hear anything, I even disabled the fake engine noise, and still not good. My basic generic speakers in my old 13 Sonata are not far off lol

Grendel-13

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 2015 BMW 435xi
No outside trunk button. Anytime I want to open the hatch outside of the car, I have to dig the remote out of my pocket. Also not being able to control the brightness of the center screen in the daytime. I don't know why they have it automatically dim depending on amount of light shining in the car. At lastly the sound system. I have to crank it up to almost 50% to hear my ipod at a decent volume, and then I have to make sure to turn it down to about 3 dashes on the display or the SXM will be way too loud. I don't know why there is such a difference between the 2 sources.

Last edited:

GR_supra559

First Name
Sarith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Brake dust.. No holder for glasses... No change carpment... Stupid trunk pop.....stupid right side mirror going down when backing out....damn air buffering.... Stupid ugly fake vents... Sorry ass. Speakers... But I still love her lol

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Sound system is hugely underwhelming
No heated steering wheel
Butt ugly two-tone wheels
The low-rent "leather" on the Premium seats
HUD is useless with polarized sunglasses (it's a gimmick anyway, so turned off on day 1)

The absolutely most annoying, disappointing, infuriating thing about the Supra is the juvenile farting and backfiring. Listen up Toyota: give owners the option to turn off the DAMN NOISE!!! Really...backfires and burbles are DONE.
I always thought the idea of a heated steering wheel was a little ridiculous. Then we bought a Highlander with one. Oh my gawd it's just simply luxurious! I feel like I'm at the spa everytime I wrap my hands around that bad boy.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Brake dust.. No holder for glasses... No change carpment... Stupid trunk pop.....stupid right side mirror going down when backing out....damn air buffering.... Stupid ugly fake vents... Sorry ass. Speakers... But I still love her lol
1: If you're not a track rat and don't plan to be, get some decent Carbon Fiber Ceramic or Euro-Ceramic replacement pads for a 2021 BMW X7 or 540i. I'm tempted to give them a whirl myself, just to see how much the dust is minimized for everyday use. They'll still stop hard enough to dislodge your passenger's breakfast.

5: The right-side mirror WON'T drop down in reverse if you let the mirror adjustment selector switch remain in the passenger side spot indefinitely, I think. As a bonus, with BimmerCode you can decide how many degrees down it tilts if you still want it to.

_c.f. arm.jpg

Callabrator

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Refraction Blue A91 Edition Supra
While many of my gripes are solvable with aftermarket solutions (more composed suspension, better looking steering wheel, confident horn), the one thing that will always bother me is the relative lack of steering feel. Yes, the steering is accurate, and the car turns in beautifully, but the wheel is mostly dead. I've got an aggressive track alignment on mine now (0 front toe, -3 neg camber), but it made no difference in feel. It's surely due to the BMW electric power steering setup, which is a real shame in an otherwise great driving, and very capable car.
Sponsored