What did you do to your Supra today?

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Refraction 2021 Lexus UX250H
70’s babies are the best generation. Old enough to know what hard physical labor is. Also that climbing trees was for fun and not a Tree Hugging violation. Growing up in the 80’s was a culture icon’s dream. They also made their own toys and entertainment. You haven’t lived until you’ve had a dirt clod fight with the neighbors! Or smashed the end of a few Piccolo Pete's. ?

-RJM
80’s were the best!! Best music of all time!!!

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
You guys that are that young and own a roughly $55k to $60k Supra brand new are definitely doing something right! I wish I had the money to afford the MKIV Supra back when I was in my 20’s.
Or they have very nice parents..... Or were stupid like me.

Back in 05, when I was 18, I bought a brand new GTO. I was working part time and making a whopping $6.75 a hour. Pretty much 90% of my paycheck went to the car payment and the other 10% went to gas. Needless to say, I sold the car within a year and got something a 1/3rd of the price and was much happier.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
70’s babies are the best generation. Old enough to know what hard physical labor is. Also that climbing trees was for fun and not a Tree Hugging violation. Growing up in the 80’s was a culture icon’s dream. They also made their own toys and entertainment. You haven’t lived until you’ve had a dirt clod fight with the neighbors! Or smashed the end of a few Piccolo Pete's. ?

-RJM
here we go, old timer.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
You guys that are that young and own a roughly $55k to $60k Supra brand new are definitely doing something right! I wish I had the money to afford the MKIV Supra back when I was in my 20’s.
No you don't. You really don't. It seems nice, but there's a lot of appreciation you get for a car with the power of the stock Supra when you've suffered through 8 pieces of shit and several project cars before buying something that comes out of the box with 300+ HP/TQ. Get off my lawn thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
I know the stick on paddle shifters got some hate, but I don't think they look to bad if you spend time vinyl wrapping the original shifters beforehand. Here's my end result:

20210617_152615.jpg

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Sound financial logic would've said, buy a 2 seat sports cars in your 40s or 50s, but a couple of things that probably won't hold true at that age:

• This car isn't the easiest to get in or out of, and chances are it's not going to get easier
  • I think ICE cars will be phasing out in the next 20 years or so, so I don't think "next generations" of the cars I grew up admiring would really be around, at least in an ICE version, and although electric cars can be interesting, the experience isn't the same. I love hearing the turbo spool up on these Supras, the crackles on the overrun, and that wumph on upshifts -- things that just won't be in newer cars down the line.

Pej1282

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra, 2020 Avalon TRD, 2015 Lexus RC350
I installed the Maxton Design gurney flap and cut the half circles on my weathertech trunk mat so it would no longer cover the ports on the sound system mod.

Attachments

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Sound financial logic would've said, buy a 2 seat sports cars in your 40s or 50s, but a couple of things that probably won't hold true at that age:

• This car isn't the easiest to get in or out of, and chances are it's not going to get easier
  • I think ICE cars will be phasing out in the next 20 years or so, so I don't think "next generations" of the cars I grew up admiring would really be around, at least in an ICE version, and although electric cars can be interesting, the experience isn't the same. I love hearing the turbo spool up on these Supras, the crackles on the overrun, and that wumph on upshifts -- things that just won't be in newer cars down the line.
Ehh I agree with you but can debate you on that as well since I am 45 and can still get in and out of my Supra with no problem. Thank god for good health and not being too out of shape. LOL! Also, I still love wrenching on my cars as much as possible. I just won’t touch any mods that deal with opening up the engine. Bolt-ons all day long!!! Haha.

As far as ICE cars, it might be sooner than 20 years the way electric cars have been taking off and most manufacturers have already committed to having mostly electric fleets soon enough. But to your point, that’s exactly why I bought the Supra because this could possibly be my last ICE car, but you just never know.

To stay somewhat on topic to this thread, I just finished doing the Tadda mods to the subs yesterday and today I’ll be adding some sound deadener to the trunk area.

Attachments

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Last edited: