What did you do to your Supra today?

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Finally installed my catted red star DP & replaced the air filter on eventuri (which was shockingly clean for 9000ish thousand miles I put on it). I guess re-tune should to account for DP should be next on the list.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I installed the AA catted downpipe today. Install was fairly easy. I wish I could tell if it made a difference in power but it’s about 100 degrees outside today so it was hard to tell. It sounded great with my stock exhaust though!……Now if only my Magnaflow would ever come in! ?

Thank you to Mike at X-PH and AA…….it took forever but at least I got a good deal before the prices jumped up.
Downpipes do make a difference in power even without a tune. I had a downpipe installed on my car a couple of weeks ago before a tune and it did in fact add power even without the tune.

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
Started form fitting the grill. 14ga anodized aluminum. I haven't had enough time to play with them other than a few minutes in the past month or so. Once it is fitted I'll glass up some mounting brackets and confirm that it is enough to stiffen the fenders so they don't flex and recrack.
f11.jpg

Hellion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 premium
Done lots of little mods-probably should have updated to this thread all along. But here's the latest. Let's say it was today...(or over the last 1.5 weeks)

I installed the MAPerformance catted downpipe and tuned to Marintuned OTS stage 2 93 octane. Wow. I have no other words. This was the largest transformation I've ever seen from a single flow mod and a tune.

The downpipe was absolutely perfect. Beautiful piece, 300 cell GESI cat, easy install (took 35 mins on quickjacks). I drove the car like this over a week without a tune and no CEL. Shorter trips over 220 miles, probably 15-20 cold start cycles.

The tune is ridiculous. The car is so much faster that I was literally floored. I've driven a lot of fast cars, owned a bunch...this car is fast on this tune. Impressive for just a tune/downpipe. Marin's tune is so smooth and OEM-like that is feels like the car should have arrived this way. He did ask me to datalog, and I responded asking for any extra parameters above the default list a few days ago and haven't received a response. If there is a complaint it's only that the responses in my experience are somewhat delayed...but I know this man is busy. I only did 2 pulls on a 15 minute drive and I'm still smiling. Hopefully we can get the logs done soon, but it feels great. Downpipe pics.
20210525_155856.jpg
20210525_155953.jpg
20210525_160002.jpg
20210525_160029.jpg

Hellion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 premium
Played around in GIMP in an attempt to see what gold-ish wheels would look like on the A91.

Thoughts?
I like both. Somehow the gold makes them look larger. Either way they look awesome. Any thoughts on other colors? Or tinted finishes?

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
I like both. Somehow the gold makes them look larger. Either way they look awesome. Any thoughts on other colors? Or tinted finishes?
Yeah, I've been playing around with the idea to get them painted in gold for a while.
I haven't decided what type of finish I'd go with if I ever did decide to go gold.

I've also been playing around with adding just a color match/similar color blue edge to the wheels, similar to what Porsche did with the new 911 gt3:

https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/eQnG8/s1/2022-porsche-911-gt3-side.jpg

Ultimately, I'm still open to ideas and undecided at the moment.