What did you do to your Supra today?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Looks great @kaj ! I’m debating on doing the whole trailer thing again. I used to do it and drive to tracks farther away. Really trying to keep it local this time, avoid the trailer maintenance, maybe buy a little trailer to tow some tires. Especially since my last blown tire incident last weekend on track 😂.

It’s funny when stuff like that happens, fist quickly up in the air, pretending like nothing is wrong and limping back into your stall. Last thing you want to do is stop the other drivers or pay for a tow ofc.

CF778509-E5FB-4B96-9AB6-DD8375345AAF.jpeg

0EED2FB2-F676-43A4-89DA-7D3EF788E942.jpeg

I heard a “pop” 💥 and was looking all around, thinking I hope someone is okay, then felt the difference and ohhhhhhh 💩 is it me? came to mind 😆 . Luckily it happened on a Sunday, end of the weekend and day, and now I know the “rubbing” I was feeling was legit. Will adjust my ride height and now I know for next time 🫣🫢.

So yeah, looking at your trailer in a different light. A lot of things to consider…. Great job on your car again. Looks beautiful 🤩
What was the tire rubbing on? That thing is trashed! How much negative camber are you running?

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Well, went to get the car aligned today. The shop I normally go to got a new machine, which the Supra doesnt fit on anymore.... Called around to a couple other "race shops" and they can do it but not until next week. Guess I am not going racing this weekend. Might be time to clone @razorlab alignment tools and just do it myself.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Been prepping for the past month. This is what happens when you raise a 4 year old by yourself as well as run a business.
Easy solution, let the 4 year old run the business. They'll learn a lot and you can get back to the car

Last edited:

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Easy solution, let the 4 year old run the business so you can get back to the car
Last time I let him "run" the business, I found him in a Polaris RzR doing donuts in the dirt out back with an employee. The time before that, he ran to the dyno room and sat passenger for a tuning session. He is pretty good at "running".

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Did you do the install yourself? How long did it take?
Yessir! It's pretty easy to install. Took me a bit longer, but it's because I ceramic coated the carbon. Installation wise, it was like 2 hours. The hardest part was removing the airbag, but after that, everything's cake!

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silverado, S1000R, A91-MT
Don’t feel too bad. I’m normally not this anal but I drove this road called the Cherohala Skyway, and in the Tennessee side they must have dumped a million tons of sand for a snow fall that didn’t happen. This shit was in the road for 10 miles and my car was a mess because of it.
The skyway is a great road

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I heard a “pop” 💥 and was looking all around, thinking I hope someone is okay, then felt the difference and ohhhhhhh 💩 is it me?
Not to LOL at your pain, but that's pretty funny. Thanks for the compliment. So, I *almost* sold the trailer. I figure this car should do just fine with the type of tracking I'm doing right now. Then... I thought... "well.. it's nice insurance". I mean, it's paid for and storage is only $40/mo, so no skin off my nose. My friends and I have always said, "NEVER sell a trailer". Then I realized I also hate prepping the car at the track. It sucks. Now it's done before I leave. I also don't like driving to an event on my race tires, because my luck: I get a flat. so, the trailer stays. At least this car is A/T which means I can EASILY drive it up. downside: if the car is broken and I can't get it into neutral, releasing the trans doe NOT look fun. Maybe I need to get some roller dolly things so I can still winch it up, even if the the rear tires won't spin LOL

Well, went to get the car aligned today. The shop I normally go to got a new machine, which the Supra doesnt fit on anymore.... Called around to a couple other "race shops" and they can do it but not until next week. Guess I am not going racing this weekend. Might be time to clone @razorlab alignment tools and just do it myself.
Strings are awesome too, but I've decided to go this route. I've used them and REALLY like being able to adjust the suspension while the car is just sitting there on the stands. You can actually WATCH the change in measurements while you are adjusting:

https://pacomotorsports.com/product/diy-alignment-hub-stands/

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Last time I let him "run" the business, I found him in a Polaris RzR doing donuts in the dirt out back with an employee. The time before that, he ran to the dyno room and sat passenger for a tuning session. He is pretty good at "running".
Sounds like a pretty cool and capable 4 yr old to me! :)